It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107
MikeS! Are you in touch with any ISRO guy? What exactly is going on right now? Are there any malfunctions in any of the payloads? No news yet on the next orbital maneuver.

Where did you get payload failure?
I read the link page but did not see it in the article?

I did find this while looking though...

Moonstruck: What Will India's Lunar Mission Achieve?
PDF Files

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Where did you get payload failure?
I read the link page but did not see it in the article?

It is in one of the comments down below in the page. Thats why I am not sure of its veracity, but looks pretty authentic

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

So Far so good! All systems are 'go'!
Orbit raising maneuvers are being undertaken gradually which will take another eight days. And then a TLI (Trans Lunar Injection) for a five day trip to the Moon.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Well we will see how many $Bills india has made outa this $50 mil space exploration.I think India's priority will be to invest back into new space projects if they do make anything out of this mission.It's kinda highly unlikely the poor kid begging on the street will get much out of it.

I guess only time will tell.

well he may not.. but neither will just one, two or meals get him much either..
If this trip generates jobs, skills and the likes that very kid can hope for a bright future...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
UPDATE: 25th OCT 05:48h

The second orbit-raising manoeuvre has been carried out at 05:48 hrs IST, 25th Oct. The spacecraft’s Newton Liquid Engine was fired for about 16 minutes from the Telemetry Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) at Bangalore. The apogee has now been further raised to 74,715 km, while its perigee has been raised to 336 km.

The Indian Deep Space Network is tracking the spacecraft, and receiving signals in S and X bands.

All systems on board the spacecraft are functioning normally. Further orbit raising maneuvers to take Chandrayaan-1 to still higher orbits are planned in the next few days.

Mission Profile

Courtesy: ISRO

Cheers!

www.isro.gov.in...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
The apogee has now been further raised to 74,715 km, while its perigee has been raised to 336 km.

That is one weird way to go to the Moon... its not linear flight, they just keep swooping out till they 'catch up' with the Moon... Not sure how this translates into a five day run...

Now THAT is interesting... That orbit on the moon tells me they are aware of the gravity 'issues'... I wonder if they will record the neutral point as they cross it. I would really like to see those numbers...

We got nothing on that from China OR Japan... and Japan has specific gravity measuring instruments... NASA is also planning a NEW mission specifically to study Lunar gravity...

You would think they would know all about that huh? Hmmmm

[edit on 25-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Great! So that little scare of the comment post on the Indian Express site has come a cropper, if the official version is to be believed. Anyway the post referred to weak x-band signals from a certain payload.

Thanks MikeS for the post

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So 32 ft/sec/sec... on the Moon!!!
Gravity is the same everywhere.. its universal.
No.
Gravity is it the mass attraction formula... Gravity is less over mountains
because... high mountains block out the ether.
What?
How did China and Japan do on gravity measurements, that should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

No, what he is talking about is the gravity of moon told to us as one-sixth of Earth, and the "fact" that it is a little shy of two-thirds.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No, what he is talking about is the gravity of moon told to us as one-sixth of Earth, and the "fact" that it is a little shy of two-thirds.

google moon earth gravity

First one:

The Earth's Moon
Because of its smaller size, the Moon's gravity is one-sixth of the Earth's gravity, as we saw demonstrated by the giant leaps of the Apollo astronauts. ...

Yes, apparently so...

I did not find much on the 2/3rds figure but I'll accept the revision.
So with all the unmanned and manned orbits and extra planet
excursions, only the Moon orbits count for close up measurements.
Which would be determined by orbit time and altitude.

I see the Earth being rounded a few times in a graphic to pick up
escape speed and path. So an unmanned mission going to Mars might
not go past the Moon and even try to avoid the Moon.

Here is an old essay on the Moon with lots of big numbers:
www.rastko.org.yu...
I wonder how right he was?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That is one weird way to go to the Moon... its not linear flight, they just keep swooping out till they 'catch up' with the Moon... Not sure how this translates into a five day run...

Now THAT is interesting... That orbit on the moon tells me they are aware of the gravity 'issues'... I wonder if they will record the neutral point as they cross it. I would really like to see those numbers...

I think they should be aware of the "gravity issues," since it just requires a very simple calculation based on the location of the Lagrangian point between the Earth and the Moon, rather than basing on the supposed density of the moon. But then, who knows?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
india should first care about its starving and poor people first and then some useless space program , every years lakhs of indian children die due to malnutrition ,disease etc

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
india should first care about its starving and poor people first and then some useless space program , every years lakhs of indian children die due to malnutrition ,disease etc

Egad!! These arguments keep coming back like pesky mosquitoes!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Egad!! These arguments keep coming back like pesky mosquitoes!

Yeah I think its from the left over Blossum Goodchild Galactic Federation "Light Workers" that have plagued the forums...

Just ignore them because to respond only gives them fuel. They do not live in the real world

I am going to add one thing though on that... because I believe it shows intent...

Many years ago Canada on a humanitarian mission... went to India and taught them how to grow wheat... not only that Canada gave them seeds... heritage seeds... of Canada's best yielding strain of wheat...

What India did was learn to grow that wheat... so much so that India is now an EXPORTER of wheat... competing with the Canadian Wheat Market...

This had such a drastic effect on Canada that grain with no market was left rotting in Silos and the Canadian government was forced to but it from the farmers or face collapse of the wheat industry

Here is a PDF report from the USDA on India Wheat Exports..

"India’s policy to subsidize surplus stocks for export is expected to have a short-term, indirect impact on U.S. export sales."

www.fas.usda.gov...

Surplus stocks of wheat

So if they have enough wheat to compete in world markets with exports to the point that it is causing issues for other countries... that makes the 'starving' issue a moot point

Now all that is in the History books... so can we drop this 'Starving People' stuff and stay on topic?

Thanks

And feel free to point to this post if they crop up again

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

Do esnt that tell you something.

900 million in poverty...

But hey...lets celebrate a rocket going to the moon.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Isnt it amazing how intellignet people will put together facts to justify
shameful events.

We are not talking about starving people.... we are talking about filth, lack of clean water, and abject poverty.

Your post was the most immoral reading I have read on this thread.

Indian can be truly proud when it can boast its people have the basics that you and I take for granted------ Canada and wheat.???.. 900 million in poverty in India... give me a break.

And if any on here who are posting are British Indians...

perhaps you could tell me.... when you turn on your tap in your kitchen.. do you have water???.. is it clean....??? Do you have open sewars through your lounge???

And yet its ok to justify poverty inIndia,,,,,from your armchair and PC.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NASA beefs up its talks with China

China and US Space Administrations met in Beijing

Date:2008-07-09

Mr. Sun Laiyan, Administrator of CNSA met with Mr. Michael O'Brien, Assistant Administrator of US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on July 1 in Beijing. Mr. Luo Ge, Deputy Administrator of CNSA led the Chinese delegation to discuss with the US side on cooperation in areas such as space sciences and geosciences, and both sides agreed to establish work groups to further study in this regard. Both sides also explored on signing a cooperation agreement with a view to laying down a long-term and stable mechanism for aerospace cooperation. (Xu Yansong)

www.cnsa.gov.cn...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So if they have enough wheat to compete in world markets with exports to the point that it is causing issues for other countries... that makes the 'starving' issue a moot point

Now all that is in the History books... so can we drop this 'Starving People' stuff and stay on topic?

Thanks

And feel free to point to this post if they crop up again

So what's your point? You wrote a long off topic post and then ask other people stay on topic. And 40% of India is living below the $1.25 per day international poverty line, so India has a lot of starving people, it is the fact, period.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
HEY MIKEY!!!

While we are waiting for the awesome picture...

Can you see if we can dig into this? New thread of course, but its in your neck of the woods

NEWS OF ALIEN PRESENCE STARTLES INDIA

India was startled by four reports last week which appeared to confirm the
rumors of a large underground base staffed by extraterrestrials in the Ladakh
region of the Himalayas.

In New Delhi, India's capital, a senior officer of the Indian Army told freelance
journalist Subha Jain that aliens were indeed in the Himalayas

d.scribd.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Here's something that may interest you...

The Big NASA-Military Cover-up On Gravity And Atmosphere On The Moon!

Cheers!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join