India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 49
40
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
... and now it has abruptly failed. They have lost all communication with the satellite:

www.foxnews.com...


So China's crashed Mar 2009, Japan's crashed May 2009 and now India lost contact..

China showed us one picture
Japan showed us a little HD TV that seemed 'odd looking'
India claims they have 40,000 high res images

Well at least LRO found the Apollo sites





posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by IAF101while NASA is working on a back to the Moon program in the near future.


Ain't gonna happen


NASA May Scrap Plans for a Permanent Moon Base
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

NASA's moon plan too ambitious, Obama panel says
www.miamiherald.com...

Says who ? Not Obama! Not Yet at least!

With the worst recession in a 100 years in the US, the Augustine Committee wouldnt be too happy with budget increases but manned space exploration has been on the agenda of Obama since his early campaign. It was also Bush's idea. Two successive administrations have called for the resumption of manned space missions and NASA is already designing a new generation of cheap launch vehicles to put more tonnes in space.

The only way to safely go to Mars or Venus would be through some kind of platform in space. Its either the moon or a new space station. The moon has resorces and its only logical to use them.

Originally posted by zorgon


They already have an active probe orbiting the Moon at this time.


Yeah this one..
NASA's mission to bomb the Moon: Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com...



Who's primary mission is to test new technologies for a return to the Moon and pick landing sites. Not to mention search for resources that could be used when Nasa put man back on the moon.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by IAF101]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by zorgon


They already have an active probe orbiting the Moon at this time.


Yeah this one..
NASA's mission to bomb the Moon: Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com...


LCROSS is not orbiting the moon. It's orbiting Earth.





Nobody mentioned the LCROSS.

I was thinking about the LRO which is in polar orbit of the Moon.



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by OuttaHere
... and now it has abruptly failed. They have lost all communication with the satellite:

www.foxnews.com...


So China's crashed Mar 2009, Japan's crashed May 2009 and now India lost contact..

China showed us one picture
Japan showed us a little HD TV that seemed 'odd looking'
India claims they have 40,000 high res images

Well at least LRO found the Apollo sites



The difference being that the Chinese probe at least complete one FULL year and JAXA's probe complete its ENTIRE mission and was crashed on "purpose" !


Further the sketchy pictures and BW grainy pictures can hardly compare to Kaguya's HD "money shots" of the Earth and the moon. (odd looking ??
)

Moreover the Kaguya probe had much more detailed maps of the moon that what ISRO put on its website.

With Chandrayan's shorting out in lunar orbit after failing to establish its promised orbit, I guess NASA was pretty dubious about ISRO attempts from the start, so they included an upgraded Mineralogical mapper on the LRO as well as another miniature Radio frequency instrument (called Mini-SAR on the Chandrayan) .


[edit on 30-8-2009 by IAF101]



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Further the sketchy pictures and BW grainy pictures can hardly compare to Kaguya's HD "money shots" of the Earth and the moon. (odd looking ??
)


Yup ODD LOOKING like CGI or a plastic model and the Earth rise one is bogus and I can prove that with the shadows


China only took one picture... and within 6 hours had to do a press release saying "Oh no...not fake shot from NASA, see we found a new crater" Only that it was discovered to be an overlap error

Japan says it won't release and more stuff for 18 months..




Moreover the Kaguya probe had much more detailed maps of the moon that what ISRO put on its website.


What details? Most of Kaguya's pics you could hardly recognize the features



At least with LRO we have already spotted moving rocks



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by IAF101
Further the sketchy pictures and BW grainy pictures can hardly compare to Kaguya's HD "money shots" of the Earth and the moon. (odd looking ??
)


Yup ODD LOOKING like CGI or a plastic model and the Earth rise one is bogus and I can prove that with the shadows



I guess you are talking about this one : or this one :

How is that CGI or odd ??

The first image is Earth Rise on the North Pole and the Second is Earth Set on the South. Both are perfect.

Heck these guys have built ion thruster powered deep space probes and landed on asteroids bringing back rocks! I guess its fair to say that we can trust them with a HD camera!



posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101
 




Nobody mentioned the LCROSS.


Zorgon did. Did you see the link he posted?


[edit on 8/30/2009 by Phage]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Indian satellite confirmed US moon landing: scientist

www.google.com...

PANAJI, India — India's first lunar mission has captured images of the landing site of the Apollo 15 craft, debunking theories that the US mission was a hoax, the country's state-run space agency said Wednesday.

"The images captured by a hyper-spectral camera fitted as a part of Chandrayaan-I... has reconfirmed the veracity of the Apollo 15 mission," said Prakash Chauhan, from the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).

NASA's 12-day Apollo 15 mission in 1971 was the first designed to explore the surface of the moon in great detail and over a long period.

But it and others in the Apollo project, including the Apollo 11 mission in 1969, when astronauts first stepped on the moon, have been the subject of a catalogue of conspiracy theories ever since.

Chauhan said Chandrayaan-I, which India launched late last year, located the Apollo 15 landing site by identifying disturbances on the moon's dark surface.

"The disturbed surface is bright," he said, in a presentation in the western state of Goa, where a conference on space missions is being held.

"Our images also show tracks left behind by the lunar rovers which were used by the astronauts."

US, Japanese and Russian scientists have previously found evidence of Apollo 15's landing site by studying photographs.

Chauhan said Chandrayaan-I's findings were further, "independent corroboration" of the landing, adding to other evidence of the Apollo missions, including photographs and analysis of rock samples.


Well one of the last few sound bites from this Chandrayan I mission.



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Zorgon did. Did you see the link he posted?


You mean the LaCross orbit? Yeah not sure I see the point? Are they not using that orbit to get more momentum for the 'bombing run'?

meh guess I will have to go back and see what I missed



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Indian satellite confirmed US moon landing: scientist


You DID see the LRO Apollo pictures yes?

Besides I never said they didn't go, just that they lied about how and what they saw


[edit on 2-9-2009 by zorgon]



posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
How is that CGI or odd ??


Ummm if that looks real to you... identify one feature on that grey green moon. You do know that is NOT the color of the moon?



The first image is Earth Rise on the North Pole and the Second is Earth Set on the South. Both are perfect.


Yes 'perfect'
except when you watch the video the shadows on the craters never change in length... yet at one point the orbiter is at 'noon' with the sun directly behind it, then it moves over the pole into the night side... At the terminator the shadows should be long... like they were in the LO images... but they never change



Heck these guys have built ion thruster powered deep space probes and landed on asteroids bringing back rocks! I guess its fair to say that we can trust them with a HD camera!


YOU can trust them all you want... but if you think that 'Earth rise' is real... well I have some nice swamp land for sale....



posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon
 

Are we watching the same videos? The floors of craters further from the terminator are partially shadowed. Those closer to the terminator are fully shadowed. That is readily apparent in the video and photographs.

You're not expecting to see the shadow of a given crater change as the spacecraft flies over it are you? The length of the shadow is not dependent on the position of the spacecraft and the terminator moves very slowly on the moon.



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by IAF101
Indian satellite confirmed US moon landing: scientist


You DID see the LRO Apollo pictures yes?

Besides I never said they didn't go, just that they lied about how and what they saw


[edit on 2-9-2009 by zorgon]


Yeah and I also saw hours of footage that NASA shot back in the day when they were actually ON the moon ? A few LRO pictures of Apollo landing sites that I can see with my refractor from my backyard is nothing special.

The important thing about the Indian statement is that it is third party ( actually they are the 5th ) affirmation of common middle school fact that for some reason a few Americans are still skeptical!

With the Indian Space agencies statement, that makes every single nation that has sent probes up there have confirmed the Apollo program site making the obvious all the more so.



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by IAF101
How is that CGI or odd ??


Ummm if that looks real to you... identify one feature on that grey green moon. You do know that is NOT the color of the moon?

It is definitely grey in the video. The green tinge may be due to a filter the camera uses. Besides, LRO images that you are comparing them to are not from a HD source or a HD motion camera like the Kaguya probe. Lastly, all the video you see from Kaguya is actuall footage that was released by Jaxa in the press conference and then filmed from the screen by media channels making it of much much lower quality!


Originally posted by zorgon
Yes 'perfect'
except when you watch the video the shadows on the craters never change in length... yet at one point the orbiter is at 'noon' with the sun directly behind it, then it moves over the pole into the night side... At the terminator the shadows should be long... like they were in the LO images... but they never change


The sun is actually to one side at approximately the 4'o clock position and both the Earth and the Moon are in a straight line to the probe- THAT is why you see an Earth Rise and not a sunrise as the probe crosses the pole! As for the shadows, they are absolutely consistent because the length of the shadow depends on the relative position of the light source and the observer. With an orbital probe like the case of the Kaguya the shadows do extend at the terminus if you watch carefully but not as much as the earth due to the lack of an atmosphere.
To compare a moving video to a still image captured by LRO is absolutely ridiculous because both probes are capturing the images at different angles from the sun at different orbits all together. No way you are going to get the same kind of images! That was the WHOLE point of the Kaguya probe!

Originally posted by zorgon
YOU can trust them all you want... but if you think that 'Earth rise' is real... well I have some nice swamp land for sale....


Its not only me but NASA and the entire world except a few fruitcakes in America. The Earthrise was as real as it gets because it is absolutely consistent with all the known data on the Moon. JAXA has even prepared an entire 3d elevation map of the moon from data collected by the Kaguya probe which is available for peer review and their numbers have been verified independently and have located numerous mineral deposits.
www.universetoday.com...

Also, its not like their images can be easily faked because any fool can verify the featured with a telescope!



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
The sun is actually to one side at approximately the 4'o clock position and both the Earth and the Moon are in a straight line to the probe- THAT is why you see an Earth Rise and not a sunrise as the probe crosses the pole! As for the shadows, they are absolutely consistent because the length of the shadow depends on the relative position of the light source and the observer.


Well when I have time I will find the post I did on this and explain it to you... don't have time to redo it right now


But somehow I doubt you would see it anyway



posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Guys, figure this out!



...Sources from Bangalore now say India plans to force NASA into accepting the Extraterrestrial presence in moon. NASA has all along denied such presence. It even denies the presence of any extraterrestrial objects or entities.....


See the article on India Daily



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107
 


India Daily is a FAKE news source and anything that is written on that site is to be considered as wild speculation at best.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
reply to post by sentinel2107
 


India Daily is a FAKE news source and anything that is written on that site is to be considered as wild speculation at best.


Yeah! You are right. You cannot even trace the owners from the site!
And had a peek at the tech section -- real weirdo articles, authored by a "technology team"


What do they hope to achieve by hosting such sites??



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
About this LCROSS "bombing" the moon to (again??) discover water/ice -- the CY-I's detection through India's MIP and NASA's M3 was not good enough, which actually was confirming NASA's much earlier indicators of presence of water -- Richard Hoagland thinks that NASA is probably trying to wipe out its secret base, since other nations have started sending probes to the moon.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well when I have time I will find the post I did on this and explain it to you... don't have time to redo it right now


But somehow I doubt you would see it anyway


Hello Zorgon. Your sarcasm is out of line. The user "phage" who graciously posted an explanation to you is a remarkable fellow who hasn't made one single wrong call on this board in matters of observation and science. You obviously don't have a tiny fraction of education and expertise of your interlocutor and yet you "doubt" his ability to discern fact.





new topics
top topics
 
40
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

log in

join