It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Hi Daedalus! Yes I had read this article yesterday and was pretty intrigued! So is that proof that the Apollo landings weren't hoaxed?

I don't think they've put those pics out on the net as yet. In any case, we'd not be able to see any Moon buggies out there as the 5m resolution won't allow that! And just seeing the areas in general where the Apollo landings took place, won't answer that much-debated question!

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the the Apollo landings did take place BUT we're not being told the entire story.

And this is all we've got from ISRO so far: Moon Images from ISRO

Cheers!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

A member of a forum dedicated to unmanned space exploration was able to identify one of the areas.

The photos used to create the anaglyphs are from the same area that can be seen on Lunar Orbiter Image 4195_h1.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow, that was impressive! Thanks, ArMaP, I will check out the images.

Edit to add direct link to Lunar Orbiter image 4195-h1, here you can find also h2 and h3:
www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 12/1/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think 5m should be decent enough to spot rover tracks, landing site paraphenelia.. maybe even the rover itself?
What about the lander (LEM) base with the quadpod thingie? That was left on surface IIRC.

I read up..
LEM Descent Stage its called:

It says here that the Landing Gear for it were ~10m across. That should be big enough to be picked up.
en.wikipedia.org...

Rover was ~3m long with a 2 m wheel base thus giving it a longest diag of ~3.5m, but it should be spottable with the distances it travelled.
en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: Can someone point out where the Lander etc is on the h2,h3 anaglyphs?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, they have enough images to show, I guess we just have to wait some more.

Chandrayaan beams back 40,000 images in 75 days

MUMBAI: Forty thousand and counting. The Rs 386-crore Indian Moon mission, Chandrayaan-1, which completes a flawless 100 days around January 30 has transmitted more than 40,000 images of different types since its launch on October 22, 2008, which many in ISRO believe is quite a record compared to the lunar flights of other nations.

ISRO officials estimated that if more than 40,000 images have been transmitted by Chandrayaan's cameras in 75 days, it worked out to nearly 535 images being sent daily. They are first transmitted to Indian Deep Space Network at Byalalu near Bangalore, from where they are flashed to ISRO's telemetry, tracking and command network at Bangalore.

They said some of these images have a resolution of up to five metres providing a sharp and clear picture of the Moon's surface. On the other hand, they said many images sent by some of the other missions had a 100-metre resolution.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Chandrayaan beams back 40,000 images in 75 days
They said some of these images have a resolution of up to five metres providing a sharp and clear picture of the Moon's surface. On the other hand, they said many images sent by some of the other missions had a 100-metre resolution.

Five meters? So far the resolution of most images except the first few, suck! Period! And 40,000? Haven't seen hair nor hide of them as yet!

I thought airbrushing technologies would have allowed them to post many more images on the net by now, if that's what's causing the delay!!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Ah well.. we can hope that the Apollo landing site images are the 5m res ones!!

100meters is ridiculous.. I wonder what are their criteria for going hi-res in some areas and low res in others...
Ancient ruins/saucer remains/alien moon base = looowww res
Absolutely nothing interesting = 5 meter res

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

"Ancient ruins/saucer remains/alien moon base = looowww res
Absolutely nothing interesting = 5 meter res"

Couldn't have said that better! That's a gem worth keeping!

Cheers!

[edit on 16-1-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
More computer generated 3D images based on the data gathered by Chandrayaan-1 are available here.

Not much, not what I am waiting for, but something new.

Edit: and yes, the difference in altitudes was exaggerated, obviously.

[edit on 19/1/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Man!! These artificially generated 3D images and videos!! They don't need no airbrushes now - the image/video generator software will just morph artifacts into the terrain to give nice roundy hummocky moony feel.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

No one is able to perform any science on these.

This aggregate data is ridiculous.

In looking to see who might already be receiving the raw data, I found this. At least the data in some form will make it to U.S. shores and within reach... eventually.

Ever do a little background on the ISRO and the other things it does? It's like NASA's evil twin.

www.thaindian.com...
www.spacewar.com...
www.nationmaster.com...
www.ndtv.com...

The rollup of the Dept of Space into the Dept of Atomic Energy? Israeli spy satellites? "Nano-satellites"?

If I grab a tin-foil hat I'd want to say they were archiving the data at Harvard so it could be under the watchful eye of the Owl Club...

Good thing my wife hid the Reynolds Wrap from me years ago.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
Ever do a little background on the ISRO and the other things it does? It's like NASA's evil twin.

NASA's evil twin??? Hmmm...So what's new?
Remember the nuclear deal? It's just plain, 'You-Scratch-My-Back-I'll Scratch-Yours'!!

Humph!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
NASA's evil twin???

Well NASA ain't ALL bad you know... You just have to ask nicely and they will give you access to all kinds of goodies...

Seems someone at Pegasus 'asked nicely'

OH BTW... we have homework to do... seems they want our opinion on a paper re life possibilities on Mars
Drop me a line and I will send you the paper to review

(yup this is also a teaser to the mundanes in here
)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
OH BTW... we have homework to do... seems they want our opinion on a paper re life possibilities on Mars
Drop me a line and I will send you the paper to review

Hmmm...What's in it for me? How much do I get paid???

Anyway, bring it on. Let's see what you've got!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just came across this really excellent site with recent lunar pics!

www.luna.e-cremona.it...

Check it out guys - I'm hooked on these pics atm!

I'll have to grab some to ask some questions - but please if you guys see the photos in question, I'd love to hear what you think!

wZn

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

How much do I get paid???

Same as usual... Stars and Flags

Anyway, bring it on. Let's see what you've got!

Nah I think not...

Catch ya on the Farside

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Crop of Mini-RF synthetic aperture radar (SAR) strip.
Credit: ISRO/NASA//Cornell University/Smithsonian

WTF?

www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Looks like an outcrop catching the light.

Like the one in Shoemaker:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Crop of Mini-RF synthetic aperture radar (SAR) strip.
Credit: ISRO/NASA//Cornell University/Smithsonian

WTF?

www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

They do have the muppets on the moon don't they?

Maybe IN the moon too. Nice one!

wZn

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It looks like nobody noticed that the orbit was changed from 100km to 200km, apparently to "enable further studies on orbit perturbations, gravitational field variation of the Moon and also enable imaging lunar surface with a wider swath".

It also means lower resolution photos, so I guess here is where the conspiracy side of things takes a new turn.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join