It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Originally posted by contradunce
Another thing that puzzles me is the formation of craters that we can see bang in front with normal telescopes. How did these craters come about. Asteroids generated between the Earth and Moon? This is puzzling

And did you guys notice that almost none of the craters including the biggest ones on the Moon are more that approx 3-4km deep? An asteroid just 10km in diameter impacting the Moon at roughly 30km/s at approx 90 deg, would have produced an enormous crater with a depth of at least 10km! And there are bigger impacts! But they never go deeper than 3-4km. Strange, what?

Looks like a titanium shield around the Moon!
(By the way, titanium has been found on the Moon in greater than naturally occurring concentrations!).

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by sentinel2107

The bright terrain on the lower left is the rim of 117 km wide Moretus crater

I can't locate the MIP image region. Can you?

I agree. There seems to be something amiss here. The TMC image looks more like the Cysatus crater than Moretus which has a flattish bottom.

I dunno man... looks right to me.

I really wanna see the LLRI data. No image analysis, just pure coordinate data within a resolution of 5m. Anything larger than a school bus will show up.

Any "edits" will need to be done on 3 datasets being held by teams in 3 languages. That's some coordination required to make sure IR, visual and radar data match.

Too bad there's so much money and so many reputations riding on evidence that even if everything looks like its 100% above board someone will still find something to keep moon conspiracies going.

There's truth... and then there's ego.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by horsegiver

Another thing that puzzles me is the formation of craters that we can see bang in front with normal telescopes. How did these craters come about. Asteroids generated between the Earth and Moon? This is puzzling

And did you guys notice that almost none of the craters including the biggest ones on the Moon are more that approx 3-4km deep? An asteroid just 10km in diameter impacting the Moon at roughly 30km/s at approx 90 deg, would have produced an enormous crater with a depth of at least 10km! And there are bigger impacts! But they never go deeper than 3-4km. Strange, what?

Looks like a titanium shield around the Moon!
(By the way, titanium has been found on the Moon in greater than naturally occurring concentrations!).

Cheers!
I really wanna hold off until the data comes in... but...

Meteor Crater in AZ is 1,200m in diameter and 170m deep.

Moretus is stated at a diameter of 114,000m and a depth of 5,000m, including the rise of 2,100m from the lunar surface surrounding the crater.

Meteor Crater's diameter to depth ratio is 7.06:1. Moretus is 22.8:1.

Hate to be poking at you in two posts in a row, but a 5km depth doesn't sound out of line considering the lack of an atmosphere on the moon to provide resistance to an incoming object, thereby reducing its available energy when it impacts.

I can sit down and really work out the impact force equations but again, I'd really like to wait until all the data comes in.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107
Here, have a look see:

India´s First Moon Mission and the Re-Discovery of ET Artifacts: A Dialogue with Richard C. Hoagland

Good find!
So Hoagy ol' boy has joined the Chandrayaan bandwagon, and not a moment too soon! I ain't surprised. Let's see what he spins out this time!

I think we are naive to presume that we'll be given unrestricted access to anomalous images, if any, by ISRO. They are all in it together, like having a secret International Space Organization to control what humanity needs to know.

So, are we back to square one? Except for ogling at some dandy hi res pics, there's not much else. Move on!!

But I hope I'm wrong!!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ugh... I need to go to sleep. I'm not making sense.

Hate to be poking at you in two posts in a row, but a 5km depth doesn't sound out of line considering the lack of an atmosphere on the moon to provide resistance to an incoming object, thereby reducing its available energy when it impacts.

What I intended to say was that a larger object but with a relatively low kinetic energy could possibly create a crater 114km wide but only 5km deep.

If the surface material is sufficiently "sandy", it would act almost like an airbag, dispersing the energy of the impact into a wider radius from the impact point around the surface of the sphere.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

mike....I find your post re: Craters on the Moon, and their depth from asteroid impacts, compelling!!!

What's more, another poster posed a great question....why are there craters on the Near Side?

Firstly, to Mike....and your apparent assertion that the Moon is a construct, possibly of A TITANIUM SKIN, with a layer of soil as a 'facade'.

My merely impotent and less-than-scientific answer would be...it would have to be an Extremely deep layer of soil, to survive meteoric impacts, without exposing the hard metal 'shell' beneath.

Furthermore, the Lunar 'Mares'....seem to indicate ancient lava flows. This, by comparison to similar structures on Earth, and realizing that wind and water erosion effects were not a factor, on the Moon.

All of these indicators tend to point to a bombardment effect, on the Lunar surface, occuring several billions of years ago.....during the tumultuous period of our Solar System's formation.

Back to the question about craters on the Near Side...the Moon did not, early after its formation as an Earth satellite, always keep one hemisphere towards the Earth. The consensus, due to careful measurements of platforms landed on the Moon, and reading it through its orbit, shows it is gradually spiralling away. This infers that it was, billions of years ago, once in a much closer orbit.

Given that Humans only live, about 80 years...and serious study of the skies, meaning 'astronomy', has only been around (and I'm being generous) since Galileo, we've only been observing the Moon in a scientific manner for about 500 years. (I have ignored the previous 'religous' observations of the nature of the celestial skies, because they weren't scientific).

Summary: The Moon 'might' be an artificial construct. But....why???

Any ET that wished to mount such a monumental project would wish to see a result....from our planet.

This begs the question: Why us???

On one hand, we hear that there are hundreds of alien species, in our Galaxy....it's a BIG Galaxy, after all...why us????

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

Would you care to explain what the pink, blue and yellow circles are? However, the yellow circle looks like the area the TMC photographed.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The two photographs are one from USGS and one from Apollo(?), both in this thread.

The colored circles highlight similar terrain features in both images indicating that it is indeed the Moretus crater.

Edit: Yes, the yellow area is intended to be the TMC image area in a 180 degree rotation from the USGS image. I really do need to sleep but I can match up the holes tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

mike....I find your post re: Craters on the Moon, and their depth from asteroid impacts, compelling!!!
The Moon 'might' be an artificial construct. But....why???

Darned if I know!

Any ET that wished to mount such a monumental project would wish to see a result....from our planet. This begs the question: Why us???

See my answer above!!

On one hand, we hear that there are hundreds of alien species, in our Galaxy....it's a BIG Galaxy, after all...why us????

I'll ask them and let you know!!
But seriously, if aliens did the same to another planet in the galaxy, there would have been some guy there who would have perhaps asked the same question, "It's a BIG galaxy, after all...why us????"

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Who needs sleep.

I make no claims of being a master at image analysis... barely an amateur...

But this is what jumped out at me.

For me to be correct the sun would have to be at nearly a 90 degree difference between the two images. I totally accept that this may not be possible given the location of the features on the moon and the exact time the image was taken... all of which are unknown, or at least unknown to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Check this out, guys!!

(Seems not to work on Firefox. Works in IE)
Lunar Flyby of Chandrayaan-1

A short movie made from the images taken by Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) of Chandrayaan-1 as the spacecraft flew over the area near the South polar region of moon. The Terrain Mapping Camera,built by ISRO's Space Applications Centre(SAC) of Ahmedabad, is taking excellent pictures of Moon's surface from Chandrayaan-1's 100 km high orbit from the Lunar surface.

[edit on 17/11/2008 by sentinel2107]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

MIKE!!!!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud... (my roommates are looking at me funny)

OK...still giggling, but my question remains unanswered....WHY us?

"Out of all of the planets in the 'Galaxy'"...to paraphrase from an iconic movie line.....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

LOL see... I suck at this game.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

fabulous find!!

Cogburn..
you can direct your attention to this video and try and correlate/map the video feed geography to the USGS/Apollo images..
The video should make the association much much easier!!

We eagerly await your results!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi ! The video is a great one! Really cool resolution. It's passing over the rim of the Moretus crater. The Moretus crater pic taken by the TMC was a still from part of the video posted above. But i cannot make out which part of the NASA photograph of Moretus is being imaged by the Chandrayaan TMC.

Also what happened to the MIP impact video. I was thinking that was the one they captured 15000 pics during it's 25 minute descent. Wow this one was a surprise indeed! Thanks ISRO!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Also what happened to the MIP impact video. I was thinking that was the one they captured 15000 pics during it's 25 minute descent. Wow this one was a surprise indeed!

That's exactly what I wanted to ask! I wonder what happened to the MIP video? They're probably assembling all the 15,000 pics to make a continuous video. And this one is in color! I wait with bated breath!

Cheers!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Guys, why don't you think like me?

Why can't you see numerous ant lion 'dens' all over the lunar surface? Where did they come from? Yes, along with the meteors. Are they the aliens from some other parts of our galaxy, settled down and established glass structures and soul collectors? One more important point, if there are ant lions then there must be a(u)ntz too. In fact, there could be whole damn of ecochain out there.

Jokes apart, if there happened so many asteroids and meteors bombardments, where are those damn asteroids and meteors. Burned out? There is no thick layer of atmosphere to apply sufficient friction onto the incoming meteors. Then how come they vanished out of the lunar surface? If they are not burned out the lunar surface must be littered with boulders of crashed asteroids and meteors. They are absent! If there happened meteor bombardments and there are no boulders of meteors, then there must be some sort of thick atmosphere on the moon (John sir, you are right).

The most sickening thing is, do all these meteors are made up same materials and minerals? We are after all star dusts (fusion of hydrogen into higher elements) and made up of colours, Cobalt for blue, Chicom (sorry, I meant Iron
) for red, Copper for green, etc. But JAXA's, NASA's, ESA's pictures all are grey (worst grey than that of NASA guy's brains)? Why? The entire moon was burnt down to ashes?

At least ISRO MIP's images are Brown and I can see taints of green, red and other colours.

So, what is actually happening there? I am all confused, no wait, hitting the wall.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hi Mike,
Yes, I too think that the moon has a titanium shell, and that Mercury is a Sister Ship, Jovian Moons are worth a closer look too.
Not wishing to stray too far from the thread, I certainly admire this most praiseworthy effort on the part of India to pull off such a feat, it is truly a great success.
Like the rest of us I look forward to seeing many more hi res photos, a fresh look at Copernicus would be especially interesting as we could compare with John Lear's Copernicus Photos.
Oh by the way, the consistent 'shallow' craters, could indicate an industrial process, what do you think?

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn

LOL see... I suck at this game.

You are doing a great job, cogburn!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The craters are so rounded and smooth in the middle it is a high possibility that Giant space craft paused here, processed material, extracted helium 3 for their fusion boosters for onward journeys and blasted off leaving behind the crater pock marks. Else how come a 100 km asteroid that never gets burnt up is not their. If asteroids were the reason we'd be seeing semi circular orbs jutting out of the moonscape than empty craters.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join