It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Mike,
This says impact probe is on the moon!
www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...
Of course NASA devices are aboard..ho ho

BP

Yep! I posted this on page 24 of this thread!
Check out the images beamed back by the MIP and relayed from Chandrayaan on the following pages!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Mike,
I have not been able to read the whole thread..But will check it out.

BP

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Mike,
I have not been able to read the whole thread..But will check it out.
BP

Yeah! Some of us have been here for quite some time with twitching eyes, tapping fingers, palpitating hearts, drunken breaths and squirming ass.....errr... donkeys

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Originally posted by wolfgang1711

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by wolfgang1711
isro.org...
isro.org...

carefully picked photographs I think

What?! They must be kidding, please tell me these are the photos from the McDonalds Lunar Orbiter (but then again, even they were clearer, and in focus).

Aye curumba!

*booos*

wZn

by far this is the highest resolution pic in my opinion. I have never seen such clear pics... just save those pics and then zoom it you would be surprised, in my opinion each of them seems to be 25 kms above lunar surface.

The images are CGI all the way.

Here are some more CGIs.: Tough call, eh!!

[Former Indian president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, right, greets Indian Space Research Organization Chairman G. Madhavan Nair, left, soon after India’s Moon Impact Probe successfully landed on the lunar surface, in Bangalore, India, Friday, Nov. 14, 2008]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here is a news snippet

Chandrayaan-1 Probe Lands On Moon
Posted on: Friday, 14 November 2008, 13:25 CST

India’s first unmanned moon mission touched down on the moon on Friday, according to Indian Space Research Organization officials.

The Moon Impactor probe detached itself from the Chandrayaan-1 (moon vehicle) about 100 km from the moon's surface and crash-landed on the south pole of the moon at 10:01 a.m. EST, making India the fourth nation to have a presence on the Moon.

India's flag now on the Moon, only Russia, US, Japan have that !

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
Here is a news snippet

Chandrayaan-1 Probe Lands On Moon
Posted on: Friday, 14 November 2008, 13:25 CST

sunny! Thanks. Your news is so old as the hills!!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Japan has a flag on the moon?
Missed that

So now India joins the ranks of the Cosmic Litterbugs... slamming another piece of hardware and scattering it all over the south pole... the one place on the moon most likely to have water.

With all the vehicles slammed and debrs spread all over the moon it will make anomaly hunting obsolete. So much space junk everywhere...

As I said COSMIC LITTERBUGS And they call it 'science' BAH HUMBUG

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So now India joins the ranks of the Cosmic Litterbugs... slamming another piece of hardware and scattering it all over the south pole... the one place on the moon most likely to have water.

With all the vehicles slammed and debrs spread all over the moon it will make anomaly hunting obsolete. So much space junk everywhere...

As I said COSMIC LITTERBUGS And they call it 'science' BAH HUMBUG

Pssst... this just in -- The planned "robot" in Chandrayaan-II will be fitted with a cosmic broom to surreptitiously sweep the litter to the nearest litter zone of another space power.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So now India joins the ranks of the Cosmic Litterbugs. With all the vehicles slammed and debrs spread all over the moon it will make anomaly hunting obsolete. So much space junk everywhere...
As I said COSMIC LITTERBUGS

Huh! Are you working for Green Peace? Or Green Peas??!!

A one square foot box scattered over an area of one square km ain't gonna raise the hackles of even die hard environmentalists! So just Chill!

Cheers!

[edit on 15-11-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Don't be so sure, I'll bet if green peace hears about it they'll be the first back to the moon, just so they can protest

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Japan has a flag because its moon orbiter malfunctioned and crasehd on the Moon in 1993. They has not intended to land any probe on the moon ! Hence we can count Japan out

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ok.. so now the photo-res trial-by-fire begins..

And as for those being poor resolution.. can anyone say with justification that those are not 5m pixel resolution photos..
What altitude were they taken at?

I think we have just got into this pie-in-the-sky attitude with resolutions of photos of the moon..
Anything that we do not 'perceive' to be acceptable to our rudimentary knowledge of cameras and space photography, is immediately labeled as fake or as a big cover up..

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Japan has a flag because its moon orbiter malfunctioned and crasehd on the Moon in 1993. They has not intended to land any probe on the moon ! Hence we can count Japan out

Why was that orbiter carrying a flag if it was not supposed to be put on the lunar surface?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

And as for those being poor resolution.. can anyone say with justification that those are not 5m pixel resolution photos..

I think we have just got into this pie-in-the-sky attitude with resolutions of photos of the moon..
Anything that we do not 'perceive' to be acceptable to our rudimentary knowledge of cameras and space photography, is immediately labeled as fake or as a big cover up..

You said it, man!
CGI is the all-encompassing term!! Hell, my ass....errr... donkey is CGI.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

the entire Japanese orbiter (spacecraft) malfunctioned and landed on the moon. Every spacecraft carries that country's flag. What India, US, Russia and European Union have done is to land a probe on moon and that probe carries the flag.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107

reply to post by zorgon

Why was that orbiter carrying a flag if it was not supposed to be put on the lunar surface?

because there was no flag on it..It was an imprinted emblem..

Just like there was no flag on the MIP... The 'flag' concept here is just the flag imprinted on all 4 sides.. Hopefully the crash debris fell in a manner that shows at least one of the imprinted flag metal pieces upwards. Otherwise we have a flag looking down onto the moon..

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Here's the photograph taken by the MIP, sharpened a bit. The res does seem fairly good, though ISRO as usual have kept us in the dark about the altitude this pic was taken from. The TMC of course would have a much better resolution. The first images are slated to be on the net tomorrow (Monday).

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The reason I asked altitude was to try and get a fair judgment of resolution..
How do we know this is not a 5m resolution photo? There is no key/legend to determine actual size of the features photographed.

My concern is that the whole 'aura' generated around '5m res photos' may not be much better than this (and that is not a let down or a bad thing).

Its just that, when the actual 5m res photos do come out, I hope we don't have folks going.. 'oh my home camera can do better than that >> coverup >>CGI >> fake >> didnt go to the moon'..

We had enough of 'poverty >> spend money on the needy first >> shameful' already...
I hope so.. but I predict otherwise!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
well I heard they just got pictures of the locals on moonbase 1

au.youtube.com...

raaahhhhhhhh

wZn

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
LASER instrument on Chandrayaan-1 successfully turned on: Article Link...

Right from the horse's mouth: ISRO press release

[edit on 16/11/2008 by sentinel2107]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join