It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
There is no Chinese orbiter up there... they bought a picture from NASA and NASA double crossed them to make them lose face.

There is no Japanese orbiter... the HD video is so obviously CGI its a joke.

There was no Apollo landing on the moon... all a hoax.

So either the moon is a hologram or someone else owns it and won't let us look

Oh yeah? Prove me wrong then

Where's the picture

China and Japan say they take picture... no show pictures
Where's the picture

India's Chandrayaan is a great achievement of your country, its success is the moment for celebration, but why you have to bring other countries here?

I don't want to ruin your party, so just let you know the most difficult thing of such moon missions is to send the satellite to the right orbit for desired scientific researches. I am sure at least Japan can make better cameras than India, so what's difficulty to take some pictures? Just out of curiosity, do you know what the goal is of your Chandrayaan? I am sure it is going to do a lot things and taking pictures is just a minor task.

BTW, both Japan and China have published a series of pictures, if you can not read information in Japanese and Chinese, that's your own problem. China indeed also published the entire moon map, which is the most complete moon map showed to the public so far. (I am sure NASA should have better pictures, but they kept them as secrets).

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redchina

should answer it! would you like to comment?

[edit on 12-11-2008 by wolfgang1711]

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redchina

There is no Chinese orbiter up there... they bought a picture from NASA and NASA double crossed them to make them lose face.

There is no Japanese orbiter... the HD video is so obviously CGI its a joke.

There was no Apollo landing on the moon... all a hoax.

So either the moon is a hologram or someone else owns it and won't let us look

Oh yeah? Prove me wrong then

Where's the picture

China and Japan say they take picture... no show pictures
Where's the picture

India's Chandrayaan is a great achievement of your country, its success is the moment for celebration, but why you have to bring other countries here?

I don't want to ruin your party, so just let you know the most difficult thing of such moon missions is to send the satellite to the right orbit for desired scientific researches. I am sure at least Japan can make better cameras than India, so what's difficulty to take some pictures? Just out of curiosity, do you know what the goal is of your Chandrayaan? I am sure it is going to do a lot things and taking pictures is just a minor task.

BTW, both Japan and China have published a series of pictures, if you can not read information in Japanese and Chinese, that's your own problem. China indeed also published the entire moon map, which is the most complete moon map showed to the public so far. (I am sure NASA should have better pictures, but they kept them as secrets).

read his post again you missed the joke did you?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I know it's off-topic here, but could you please post a link to a page where we could see at least one photo (besides the one most people say is a NASA photo), that Moon map or at least a page with some news about it?

I tried to find more information about it the day before yesterday and I could not find anything new, although my ignorance of Chinese may have been the reason for my failure, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I know it's off-topic here, but could you please post a link to a page where we could see at least one photo (besides the one most people say is a NASA photo), that Moon map or at least a page with some news about it?

I tried to find more information about it the day before yesterday and I could not find anything new, although my ignorance of Chinese may have been the reason for my failure, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It is my pleasure to provide some information that I know. Below is a moon map released by China. The entire moon as well as north and south poles (I guess). I actually didn't follow this closely, if I find any source in English, I will let you know.

A larger size of this image can be downloaded using below link
www....(nolink)/?yonja32odnn

To wolfgang1711, instead of a youtube video, it is better to provide a source with real substance, say something from NASA or even India's counterpart. Additionally, a joke is not always a joke, you do know his intention behind the joke, right? Also it is not just from one post.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Thanks, I will have to do some more research.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am neither supporting or opposing that video. Here in my Country(Germany)
An average German knows the Chinese quite well.

Chinese have a habit of not getting any sorts of jokes. Sorry, but thats true.

and the person who posted is also not Indian I suppose.
If I understand properly, this is a Website which tries to explore the secrets of the well hidden facts.

Nationalism is good but it often leads to certain misconceptions and prejudices.
There was even a talk of a German beer called Mondsbräu was in one of the posts did I get offended? I have been following up the posts here. Its only that they were discussing that when it comes to moon every space agency hides something. What can this mean then?
PS. MONDSBRÄU is an imaginary beer brewery on a distant future lunar base

hope you got the joke now. If still you dont get then you can take a couple of retrospection(forgive my English) of the posts, remember they were refering to moon as a hologram-?

I dont want the wonderful teasing of the thread going on to be spoiled, thats why I am interfering here.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by zorgon

I feel both the Chang-e1 and Kaguya/Selene are either lost in the depths of space or scattered on the Moon's surface! What have we seen so far from them? A couple of images that suck!! And the Chang-e1 that sent a lone pic of the Moon was allegedly taken by Apollo 15! Jeeez!!

Has anyone ANY idea where those probes are and what the dickens they are up to?

lets wait and see what C-yaan releases to the public..

I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but lets not get ahead of oureslves and assume that India will be all-revealing w.r.t. moon pics!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well if they don't Mike can 'purswade' his brigade to pay them a visit and politely request compliance

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
An interesting link...

Chandrayaan 1: In depth

Willing to see such an in depth mainstream media news articles for Kaguya and Chang'e. Can someone help us... from China and Japan. No, it is not a challenge, I would really like to see them.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

WTF?? Can people just accept india as a growing power?
IF US AND RUSSIA CAN DO, WHY CANT WE... WHAT IS EATING THEM SO MUCH?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
/me taps on zorgons noggin'

ARE WE THAR YET?

wZn

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I dont know if it was posted or not
www.mps.mpg.de...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

That's just one pic. You mentioned a Moon Atlas? Where can one find it? What I'm looking for is an Atlas like the one made from the Apollo images here...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

or here...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
/me taps on zorgons noggin'

ARE WE THAR YET?

wZn

Yep! Thar she blows! O'er the Moon she sails. And ready to shoot them thar MIP and flag on its surface, six hours from now!!

Sit back and relax with da popcorn and beer. The show has just begun!!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

w00t! I bought some flavoured colored popcorn too... you know I swear popcorn back then tasted better... whats the go with that?

Lets hope we get to see the real deal this time round.

What was your take on the China moonwalk youtube fiasco btw Mike?

big up to ya!

wZn

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Impact scheduled around 8:30pm IST.
Apparently there is no flag (cloth on flagpole) per say.. Its flag emblem(s?) on sides of the impactor..
Read this off a local newspaper.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
w00t! I bought some flavoured colored popcorn too... you know I swear popcorn back then tasted better... whats the go with that?

Synthetic Corn, synthetic 'butter'

Artificial Chocolate, Koolwhip, an edible oil product, cheese slices that contain no cheese. The last two are still found in the Dairy section.

Enjoy your popcorn

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

....cheese slices that contain no cheese.

Ne'er mind! Don't despair! There's plenty of that on the Moon! In fact it's made of weathered cheese! Didn't you know?

Anyway, I prefer my German Berliner Weisse beer! Or sometimes Märzen
If that's not available then Kingfisher it is!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Breaking News!! 2032 IST

MIP lands on the Moon! Pics to be relayed within two hours!

CHEERS!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join