It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by sentinel2107

Someone mentioned that some shlokas from the Vedas are inscribed on the MIP??
Couldn't find an authoritative source on this! Any idea?

Cheers!

That'll boil the blood of the 3rd Abrahamic group. So you can't find any authoritative source on that.

Well, it's after all their moon.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107

Originally posted by wolfgang1711
I am waiting for the MIP to come up with Lunar soil analysis

The MIP (Moon Impact Probe) will not do lunar soil analysis.

There will be three instruments on the Moon Impact Probe
# Radar Altimeter – for measurement of altitude of the Moon Impact Probe and for qualifying technologies for future landing missions. The operating frequency band is 4.3 GHz ± 100 MHz.
# Video Imaging System – for acquiring images of the surface of the Moon during the descent at a close range. The video imaging system consists of analog CCD camera.
# Mass Spectrometer – for measuring the constituents of tenuous lunar atmosphere during descent. This instrument will be based on a state-of-the-art, commercially available Quadrupole mass spectrometer with a mass resolution of 0.5 amu and sensitivities to partial pressure of the order of 10-14 torr.

Full details here: Moon impact probe (MIP)...

Is it so? #! hmm No probs. I heard sometime bak about the Space shuttle kind of raft ISRO has on the Drawing Board? I think its name is AVATAR.

Also, does anyone here realize the Chandrayaan event is going to drive the wave of MEMS technology in India?

According to the info I have SCL Chandigarh in India is the MEMS wing operating for ISRO.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfgang1711
reply to post by sentinel2107

I am actually waiting for Token0 and the other patsy or whatever to reply to my post.

Let that boy always live forever, all hail the spirit of the boy!

Touching story,my heart goes out to the little boy who tried to make a rocket outa ice-cream cone.Great Stuff!

But i am wondering how other little boy's feel about this breakthrough mission who are begging for food,forced to hard work for long hours for little scraps of food,live in cardboard boxes,can't afford to go school etc.. etc..Indeed their hunger must have dissapeared after seeing pictures of an indian rocket taking off.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

You still dont get it....

That little boy was the son of a man impoverished and penniless, subsisting only from what he could eke out of the sea. That little boy who was once hungry, tired and ill grew up to be a scientist who sent a rocket to the moon.

In fact I know that boy. He was one of the greatest Presidents ever to serve India... he was APJ Abdul Kalaam; and his father was a poor fisherman from the south of India. Kalaam sold newspapers on the roadside before ever inventing the SLV missiles, or becoming president.

Do you get it now? Space travel is not some exclusive preserve of high-funded science in India, the final frontier belongs to all the people of any social class, of any monetary status and of any background.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here's one image of the moon taken on 4th Nov. from Chandrayaan from a distance of 311,200 km (so blurred!). This was the image flashed in the media channels.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken
Touching story,my heart goes out to the little boy who tried to make a rocket outa ice-cream cone.Great Stuff!

But i am wondering how other little boy's feel about this breakthrough mission who are begging for food,forced to hard work for long hours for little scraps of food,live in cardboard boxes,can't afford to go school etc.. etc..Indeed their hunger must have dissapeared after seeing pictures of an indian rocket taking off.

Sir, so why don't you put your all compassionate effort pulling those boys from poverty and terrorism there, instead of discussing so passionately about Pakistan gets power plant deal and China knows a strong Pakistan=a strong China.
Instead of littering and parroting here the same poor-boys thing again and again... and again.

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
You still dont get it....

He/she will not get it EVER because you can't wake up a person who is pretending asleep.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicScorpion

Originally posted by t0ken

Sir, so why don't you put your all compassionate effort pulling those boys from poverty and terrorism there, instead of discussing so passionately about Pakistan gets power plant deal and China knows a strong Pakistan=a strong China.
Instead of littering and parroting here the same poor-boys thing again and again... and again.

1)I am doing my part of pulling people out of poverty,so don't tell me what and what not to do.Those who should be pulling people outa poverty are busy building ice-cream cones which will hardly accomplish anything.

2)Have i mentioned Pakistan/China in this post?? I don't think so,it's better to keep your trash to yourself.

3)I did stop posting but one of your elephant worshipping freinds instigated me to reply to his/her post as you can see in above post.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

lol you can always trust the muslim sympathisers to drag the debate down into the gutter where they reside.

How can I put it best?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by t0ken

lol you can always trust the muslim sympathisers to drag the debate down into the gutter where they reside.

How can I put it best?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Now how does a muslim sympathiser relate to the topic being discussed about indian space programme? Really doesn't make sense when India has one of the largest muslim populations.

Well i guess all the bowing down to cows and snakes really have done some people's head in.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Someone mentioned that some shlokas from the Vedas are inscribed on the MIP??
Couldn't find an authoritative source on this! Any idea?

Nope! Didn't find nothin', although saw a statement like "sanskrit verse praising the moon inscribed on the MIP." In all probability, the good ol' ISRO chaps might have done it - after all, moon is a part of the hindu pantheon.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Next Orbit lowering (to LO-3) achieved: Chandrayaan-1 gets further closer to moon

... "The current orbit of Chandrayaan-1 is 255.3 km (the farthest distance from the moon) X 101.3 km (nearest distance to the moon). The orbital period is 2.09 hours", ISRO spokesperson S Satish told PTI. ...

The 255.3km x 101.3km is against the planned LO-3 of 250km x 100km.

ONLY THE FINAL LAST MANEUVER TO GO!!

[edit on 11/11/2008 by sentinel2107]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Here's one image of the moon taken on 4th Nov. from Chandrayaan from a distance of 311,200 km (so blurred!). This was the image flashed in the media channels.

Why it's so fuzzy? Though the image is shot from 311,200 km, there is no reason to be so bleary like this. Has the NASA already delivered their favorite image processing tool(s) to ISRO
?

Whenever, whatever it comes to the moon something happens...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

OK retard. I know, you are that Sobbing Humanitarian. Who would question every scientific mission.

Who are you anyway to comment on any other country's space programme?

Is that all you have got to degrade other country? jealous fools!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicScorpion

Why it's so fuzzy? Though the image is shot from 311,200 km, there is no reason to be so bleary like this. Has the NASA already delivered their favorite image processing tool(s) to ISRO
?

Whenever, whatever it comes to the moon something happens...

ISRO-NASA / Nair-Griffin MoU in Bangalore (on Chandrayaan)

Memorandum of Understanding! Hmmm....

To blur or not to blur, that is the question --- Fakesmear

[edit on 11/11/2008 by sentinel2107]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

PSSST This just in... keep it under your hat...

Their is no Moon... its just a hologram...

There is no Chinese orbiter up there... they bought a picture from NASA and NASA double crossed them to make them lose face. They also faked the recent spacewalk because I know someone who's job it is to monitor launches from China and no rocket was launched that day... as well as the fact that China published the conversation with the astronauts a day BEFORE the launch... then called that a 'technical error'

There is no Japanese orbiter... the HD video is so obviously CGI its a joke. We have spent years looking at rocks and craters from LO images... nothing in the Japanese film matches up or is even recognizable... Just look close and compare... show me Tycho, Copernicus, anything we know by sight...

There was no Apollo landing on the moon... all a hoax.

Langley has shown us the full size models and sound stages, they have shown us the fake craters blasted by the USGS in Arizona for 'practice'

So either the moon is a hologram or someone else owns it and won't let us look

Oh yeah? Prove me wrong then

...---...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Memorandum of Understanding! Hmmm....

To blur or not to blur, that is the question --- Fakesmear

NAZA plans to rule Space

Here is a short summary of NASA plans and fumbles

NASA AND Department of Defense Merge
NASA Dominates World Space Programs - List of Countries NASA has an agreement with

ESA
ESA and NASA extend ties with major new cross-support agreement

Canada
NASA_Canadian_Space_Agency_Agreement

China
NASA Administrator Visits China

Japan
NASA_Japan_Agreement
NASA in Japan NASA Japan Representative Field Office

India
NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation
NASA To Work With India on Moon Mission
U.S.- India Space Cooperation

NASA Airplane Safety Report Stalled
NASA Mum on Plane Data that Might Scare You
NASA Safety Panel Members Quit
NASA to release air-safety survey
U.S. government hides alarming air-safety report

NASA Despite Safety Concerns, NASA Will Launch Shuttle as Scheduled

There are more... those are just the ones I have had time to file...

All links here

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I rest my case.

I am curious why anyone even responds to such obvious bigotry...

Let them rant and move on... much better to pick on NASA

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

PSSST This just in... keep it under your hat...

Their is no Moon... its just a hologram...

There is no Chinese orbiter up there... they bought a picture from NASA and NASA double crossed them to make them lose face. They also faked the recent spacewalk because I know someone who's job it is to monitor launches from China and no rocket was launched that day...

...---...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by zorgon]

That someone is Captain Shield from NORAD?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join