It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans angry, worried over state of nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Americans angry, worried over state of nation

www.cnn.com

A new national poll suggests that only a quarter of Americans think things are going well in the country today, while the rest of those questioned are angry, scared and stressed out.
Seventy-five percent of those surveyed in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Tuesday said things are going badly in the United States.

An equal portion of those polled said they are angry about the way things are going. Two-thirds of those questioned said they're scared about the way things are going and three in four said the current conditions in the country are stressing them out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Interesting, it seems that we as a people are beginning to wake up to the fallacies of our current government. We are angry stressed and scared we are fed up with government and how they run things. It's time for change people and I am sorry to say the candidates that we vote into office won't be the ones doing it. It has to be us, forcefully marching into Washington to turn this country around. These emotions that we feel must be channeled in positive ways to defend the country just like our forefathers did from Britain.

The war in Iraq also continues to be unpopular with Americans, with 32 percent of those questioned favoring the war.

If the public outcry is so genuine why isn't this colossal mistake fixed and we do what the people want and pull out?
This poll shows the strong feelings we have against this administration but of course it is fell on deaf ears.

-IgNoRaNt

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Frankly, I am polled out. We seem to have a poll for every twitch and many add up to nonsense.

I can see their anger. They are out protesting everywhere in masses. Everything is just about shut down.....
yeah right....

Same ol politics different year..... People get angry and worried and never do nothing besides shooting a letter to their representative which for the most part is largely ignored. But it makes one feel good to send off that complaint.

That is why politicians never take their constituents seriously. All they do is complain and never take action. Of course that is the same reason they keep us divided by class, race, or party.

As long as we don't unite as one they have nothing to fear....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Go figure... I guess I'm supposed to be jovial about the incompetence and utter corruption of our elected losers? The fact that the majority of them have little or no knowledge of history, economics, foreign policy, or how to tie their own shoes?

Hell yes I'm angry.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Problem is they don't care what the people think, they are still going to do what they think is best.

And what a convenient system they have made for themselves, because even if enough of these scarred, upset people make it to the polls and replace every one with someone else...it will just be more of the same....sad really.

Was 'sad' in that poll at all?

[edit on 10/22/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well I should hope Americans are angry! Their freedoms are being swept away bit by bit, I'd be pretty upset too... no, scratch that... I'd be irate!

One thing I never understood was how many people were complacent, either saying "Freedom isn't that important", or blindly arguing that they're the only free country on earth... which just tells me they've never left their country.

One things for sure... I really don't envy the US... I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
we are right where they want us to be.

Knowing that a majority of americans are really rednecks whether mentally or physically, no offense to anyone, we might see that the military industrial complex saw this before we did. Well at least as a collective nations anyways.

Think of the situation that would arise from an actual armed rebellion. We have no chance against an armed rebellion if we ever want to see freedom again.

Despite the glamour and the glory, who really wants to live some kind of insurgent lifestyle for an extended period of time, only to finally endure the inevitable conquest of every living being which could take years.

All the ''sheeple'' will become comrades if they let it happen.

Anger cannot get the best of us, for that is their plan.

Armed rebellion will never work again, at least as long as the technology remains as advanced as it is today. We are wayyy past guns and knives. most people wouldnt have the courage to fight back, and many more would obediently oppose all terrorists and obey the law so as to remain unaffiliated from them.

top topics

join