It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EliteXC mixed martial arts circuit is closing its doors for good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This came as a suprise to me.
Well sorta.
After the debacle that was Kimbo Slice,one would have to wonder where Elite XC would go from there.
Im personally wondering where some of the top fighters like Cung Lee,Gina Carano,Robbie Lawler,Nick Diaz,Murilo "Ninja" Rua will go.
UFC seems to be the only legit option to make a big payday.
I rather enjoyed watching Elite XC,and im sorry to see it go.

(ESPN.com)-Sherdog.com reported that according to T.J. Thompson, an executive at ProElite Inc., he was informed that the company would close for good this week and would file for bankruptcy protection. And Sports Illustrated, on its Web site, reported that ProElite told its employees and fighters on Monday that it was shutting down, effective immediately, according to multiple sources.

Sherdog also reported that according to numerous sources, an EliteXC card scheduled for Nov. 8 in Reno, Nev., has been canceled. According to the report, Joey Villasenor, who was scheduled to fight Robbie Lawler for the circuit's middleweight title on the card, was informed Monday it had been scrubbed.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah, it's sad to see Elite XC go. Was really looking foward to Villasenor and Lawler fighting.
I just wish people would have watched it for the more legit fighters who were in the organization and not just Kimbo Slice. :shk:

Dana White was actually talking about possibly getting contracts set for some of the top Elite XC fighters. www.mmaweekly.com...

I heard Nick Diaz is probably gonna go back to Japan though, and I can see Cung Le probably heading back to Strikeforce.

new topics

join