It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about american politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm a little curious as to the political party system in America, please bear with me and keep in mind that i have a hypothetical scenario and a question to match it...here we go;

let just say for arguments sake that both the democrats and republicans are as evil as each other and actually in bed together with the NWO/CFR. hence meaning no matter who you vote for...your stuffed! (ok, theres the hypothetical)

Question: if the majority of America voted for a 3rd party, say the greens etc (in all hopes to take back your country from your corrupted leaders) would your democratic system work fairly and place them in the white house? in all fairness if a party has majority of votes they should be stated as a winner but i have a feeling this may not be the case in the USA.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think plz

AusWade

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AusWade

It is not the popular vote, it is the electoral college vote that puts someone in the White House.

I am sure that a 3rd party probaly could win the popularity but you would probaly see all sorts of tricks from the dems and reps to keep that person from getting the 270 electoral votes required to become President.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This is a video about how the election process works here. It is a bit confusing, but in theory I suppose yes, if there was mass voting in the most populous states (and therefore giving the 3rd party candidate the most electors) it could happen.

I think??

Edited to include video. Duh.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In theory, yes, a very smart third party candidate could win the white house. Do you know who Jesse Ventura? He is a leader for a new 9-11 commission, and that there is a conspiracy behind 9-11. He has been featured here in ATS. He was governor of Minnesota in the early 2000's. It can happen. Independents can win.

But if the NWO had all power, they would just corrupt the candidate/president to get there way.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
While it is accurate to say it is a theoretical possibility. It is important to recognize that it is highly improbable, given the status quo. Electoral votes are, the politicians tell us, vital to ensure fairness. Imagine that. In order to be fair, you're vote is only 'heard' not counted.

The electoral system is a dark cloud over our constitutional republic, not only incapable of reform, but unwilling to reform. recognizing this makes me question if it is a true enemy of democracy.

..., I think someone just threw a brick through my window.

new topics

top topics

join