It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this? Ghost/Ufo?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Cigarette smoke and orbs, what is this for stupid question is the guy who asked this actually being serious? + It's very easy to photoshop but the 2nd obviously are orbs, if you run abovetopsecret.com I'd thought you would know and the rest is plain cigarette smoke and if you don't smoke it's a ghost.

If you don't believe in ghosts or orbs, tell us yourself what it is.

Stupid question.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is what i think is going on

Perceptive Reality- Perception of what we want/or we think we want to see subconsciously after playing an intense VG, such as horror games your subconscious mind perceives the game world to be a reality. Also connected to retinal memory where you begin to see what you saw in the VG, such instances of Perceptive Reality can lead to or cause Seizures.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for posting a lot more of what is virtually proof that you have an imagination worthy of being a fiction writer.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Yes we see the same things, but often have different idea's about what it means.

But that is my point exactly... its not that we see something different... we all see the same image... NATURALLY we interpret it differently depending on your belief... but the point is that the image is there.

In the past people who saw these oddities where convinced that they were seeing nature spirits... of course we come along with our modern 'knowledge' to convince them how wrong they were...

What if they are NOT wrong? what if at some level these are manifestations of something?

I'm not a skeptic, just tired of the nonsense like many others. I'd expect no more than a handful of posted images and video's a year if people were being sensible and honest.

I too am tired of all the hoaxing and garbage threads... but I am still interested in finding the odd stuff. If this one is really nothing well so be it... but as you say "only a handful a year" If that happened what would happen to the board? What would you talk about? If new people cannot present these ideas here, where else then?

Lately I see on other boards that ATS is getting a reputation for pouncing on newbies to debunk. I see it here in posts... What's up with that? Is this no longer THE place to bring up topics like this? Isn't that why the Gray area was created at the
from skeptics as a place to put stuff like this?

I on the other hand get equally tired of the THOUSANDS of posts by people on the skeptic side that have nothing to add EVER except the same line over and over "its only rocks" "your just seeing what you want to see" etc.

It works both ways doesn't it? If a person doesn't think there is any value in a thread, why does that person feel the need to waste everyones time with such rhetoric? I think by now we all know their stance... its not going to change anyones mind so get over it.

I and many others see the 'spirits' in these images... I do not buy the 'orbs' in these type... what I want to know is are the photos real (the 'smoke') or are they created.

As was pointed out if these were from the Ranch... they would be front page news here... but if in someones back yard all of a sudden there is no value.

They may indeed be nothing... but they are ODD

[edit on 23-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashGecko
Perception of what we want/or we think we want to see

How about this...

Some people have better perception than others
Artists for example

Isn't that what awakening and enlightenment is all about? Increasing your perception and understanding of the world around you?

But thanks for your opinion, welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by CrashGecko
Perception of what we want/or we think we want to see

How about this...

Some people have better perception than others
Artists for example

Isn't that what awakening and enlightenment is all about? Increasing your perception and understanding of the world around you?

But thanks for your opinion, welcome to ATS

Been Here for a while just normally a reader. But the more that is out there the more people want to believe so they will listen to any fabricated story that suits their need to believe. I am not poking or prodding at any one but more research needs to be made by some before they make a single comment on these threads. They should take the time and do the research or sit back and listen(read) the arguments on this site first. So if you took it offensively, well to bad i don't know any of you from a stranger on the street so do not take i personally.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Cigar smoke....100 percent sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i seen the photos and i know about ghost hunting and stuff the pictures with the 2 dots on the top right corner those are orbs and then the pictures with the smoke are either clouds or it might be a mist when spirits try to manifest theirselfs they will appear in a mist but it does look like smoke

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I see, first, smoke.
Secondly I see moisture in the air.
Thirdly, I see more smoke.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i just saw the same thing last week! driving in the mountains of costa rica. i could have sworn it was fog... and it was...

the second picture looks like some new snow. or even dust particals creating back scatter (a problem seen alot in underwater photography)

i dont see any evidence of anything in those photos. i think your a bit paranoid or wanted to believe in ghosts and aliens sooo much that you believe something seeminly out of the ordinary would be them. sorry, but i would like video and more than 3 photos.

however, thanks for making them clear photos and not grainy blurred things

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The photo that resembles smoke looks to me like low fog. I've seen it before myself. Sometimes just a few feet off the ground in small clumps. I'm not a weather expert but I am pretty certain that is what it is. The photo with the fence in it, I don't see anything except what looks like water/dust spots on the lens.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

assuming its not smoke, then these certainly don't seem to fit under u.f.o's
they look like your typical ghost activity photo's, not that i'd know if that is the case, they just look like the kind of stuff other websites pass of as ghosts, whatever the true explainations are.

as for it being smoke, your the only one who will know, if it was you who took the picture in your backyard. your the only one who will know if you were smoking or not, or near a bonafire or steam vent.

everybody else, will be sceptical due to people who are known to hoax or pass of things they know are not mysteries to fool people into thinking they are.

i won't judge you by others who have hoaxed or tried to fool people, but it is impossible to say without doubt what it is.

it cannot be smoke and steam at the same time so somebody is wrong so far, and all people can do is guess at the nearest thing it looks like, but only you will know the truth. its impossible for anybody else to say what it is 100%.

it's not compelling enough or provable enough going by the photo's, to rule out smoke and steam.

im unsure what causes the orbs, but im sure someone here has dealt with that before and can explain them? i have no clue about what causes them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Looks like cigarette smoke....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't understand some people here. What's the problem with believing first until proven fake? Does it assault anyone's person? Does it cause financial difficulty, like gambling? Does it make you a nutter? How can trusting your fellow man make you weak?

Faith takes a lot more strength than skepticism. It's easy to come out with the old "That's a cotton puff" than to take the chance that although it looks like a cotton puff, it's really old Auntie Wilma come back to make sure you're safe and warm.

My observation here has been that the chronic debunkers give knee-jerk reactions, immediate denial. It's absurd! I'd much rather err on the side of the one reporting (i.e., my fellow man) unless it's obviously meant as a hoax, in which case it could just be good for a laugh rather than an entire "I told you so" thread.

Is it really so bad to stumble? Is it so bad to fall? Does it hurt you to trust for a while? So what if a hoaxer gets past once or twice? Does it hurt anyone? No, it doesn't even hurt the credibility of the believers because science lies to us daily. They, however, can rewrite the whole story without fear of losing credibility because it's "Scientific Method". It's "Reviewed by Peers". That's just so that it doesn't step on the toes of someone else's reported info. Even contradictory evidence is okay in science though. It's simply one expert's word against another. We normal, unejumakatid folk can't get away with that though so we deny, deny, deny. We are our own worse enemies.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have been into photography for years now and have come across these images so many times.......

If your near a house taking shots, and it's cold outside, you alos have things like hot water pipes and possible central heating venting systems that can alos cause this.

The so called ORBs that are either monitoring us from another world or are reminents of the dead coming back.....these can be easily replicated with dust particles and a flash.....simple as.....maybe moisture in the air and the flash relecting of it, reflections via the eye piece of a bright light behind you causing anomalies like this. As you find with most amateur digital photographers, they never use the eyepiece and just use the viewscreen on the back, causing the light to go through the eye piece.

I don't think there is anything special here to be perfectly honest. Thanks for the post though

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The first and third pictures do look like it is either cigarette smoke or steam coming from a machine or a sweating individual. The middle picture looks like water marks on the lens of the camera that was used to take the picture, that is my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join