It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this? Ghost/Ufo?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Im not dimissind any phenomenon here, just feel the OP is streching my belief to accept he just randonly decided to go in his backyard and photograph a black sky and coincidently discovered smoke people

Is it just me or does that story seem just a little fishy, i think hes pulling our leg with some nice camera tricks myself

This is something I do quite often and don't get much results.
have to go back to work now talk more later.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
image 049 - smoke / vapour

image 060 - airborne dust

image 080 - smoke vapour

why do people read so much into photgraphic inepitude ?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

Heres links to three photos of my band playing at random places.
The same problem/anomolies happened to me.
Either there were a lot of ghosts checkin out the gigs, or it is a common problem with cameras. Don't know if any photographers could comment because everyone I've asked about it doesn't have a clue.
I have a feeling that it could well be down to moisture in the air though, as in the pictures from the main post it was night time, no doubt cold, and at my gigs there was a lot of sweat in the air and heat generated by the crowd, I'm assuming particles of moisture in the air captured by the camera.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I get orbs in my pics all of the time. Probably nothing extraordinary though. Here is an article about orbs, written by the president of the American Ghost Society Orbs Debunked

It's basically valid - natural explanations for orbs. ~ Most of 'em anyway ~

As for the mist, if you've ruled out all of the explanations given in this thread, then I would suggest to keep takin' pics. See if you can catch this, or anything else again.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What is uncanny is your obsession with paradolia. I would refrain from further posting about these pictures, as you don't want your credibility to sink even further than it already is.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by impostah

Even the most amateur of photographer knows that those are called lens flare.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is a couple of other pics I captured last night and I cropped the 'Orb' one for interest.
i186.photobucket.com...
i186.photobucket.com...

Notice how there are no 'Orbing' in the second photo and this is how most of them are apart from a few out of about 20 shots. I find this a bit strange

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ANTHONY33]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubSpecies
Well if I can't bring up these phenomena on this forum,.... then what is this forum all about... debunking everything!!!

Yes it seems that way lately..
Quite depressing actually...

Even if its smoke... still waiting on the shape

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
I just tuck this photo outside the back of my house just now.
It is a clear night out, no clouds no smoke here in Oxford UK.
It gave me the creeps as I only saw it when I loaded it on the PC
I wasn't trying to picture anything in particular, I just got the urge to take photos of the dark sky.
Any ideas as to what it might be?
i186.photobucket.com...

Will try and get more....
Wow! This is Creepy
Here is some of the other shots I just tuck....
i186.photobucket.com...

i186.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by ANTHONY33]

Hey dude it's interesting. Six years ago I took a photo in a small park in Russia, where there was a wooden cross. When I developed the film I got the same smoke figure. There was a church there before Revolution, when it was destroyed, and when they re-built it again (4 years ago) a friend told me that they found corpses down there, under the cross.
Maybe it was just my breath, because it was freezing when I took the photo... maybe not

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My Wife pointed out a cloud to me a while back that looked like Mickey Mouse. I did not however assume it was really Mickey Mouse

As to the other - God no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the dreaded ORBS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything but the ORBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Internos,
I feel your pain.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My Wife pointed out a cloud to me a while back that looked like Mickey Mouse. I did not however assume it was really Mickey Mouse

Good for you
You saw Mickey Mouse in the clouds. Now what has that to do with this thread?

OH WAIT I get it...

You actually SEE the face

I love the way the skeptics skirt around the point, yet all along see exactly what we are talking about

And it appears Internos has been banned
what's up with that?

Just for you Blaine

[edit on 22-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
An easy way to double check for mist etc would be to switch over to negative for a sec and check the thickness of the mist. You can even tweek the colors and see if it is actually anything that way too. Then check the orbs by inverting the colors etc.
I get lots of orb type pics and sometimes yes they can be a dirty lens( I clean mine constantly
) or water vapor. But if its clear as a bell and the humidity is low, I would be wondering to.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why didn't you walk closer and examined it?

What if it was an UFO/Ghost?

You just missed the opportunity of your life!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
nice bong hit bro! super natural indeed

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I hope the original poster doesnt mind, but I have enlightened the images as they were rather dark, I do think 2 of them are just an odd mist formation, althought the first pic with the orbs is interesting..

i402.photobucket.com...
i402.photobucket.com...
i402.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
SMOKE AND A DIRTY LENSE.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That is odd. You will have to show that to Oz.

Yes we see the same things, but often have different idea's about what it means. I'm not a skeptic, just tired of the nonsense like many others. I'd expect no more than a handful of posted images and video's a year if people were being sensible and honest.

I did not know about Internos. We can't have that. The wacko side is already overrepresented as it is. Can't have a good debate with people who believe everything put in front of them. Hope he comes back? He must have lost his cool for a post or two. We all do that. I told ya Orbs are bad

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
That is odd. You will have to show that to Oz.

Yes I collect 'odd' that is why I am interested in the 'odd' faces in the 'smoke'

It is one thing to say "your just seeing faces, but when they stare back at you there MAY be more to it...

Like this Noctilucent Cloud (right in the center)

Now I know skeptics have a pathological need to say 'its nothing'... but some of us are interested in the 'odd'

Yes we see the same things, but often have different idea's about what it means. I'm not a skeptic, just tired of the nonsense like many others. I'd expect no more than a handful of posted images and video's a year if people were being sensible and honest.

Fair enough which is why I stated that the 'smokey' images need to be done with a control... otherwise they are merely curiosities.. but that 'Deer' image... eben my skeptic wife spotted that right away... it is almost TOO GOOD

Now my daughter says there is a new 'smoke tool' for Adobe... Anyone heard of that yet?

I did not know about Internos. We can't have that. The wacko side is already overrepresented as it is.

I just heard... was a temp thing and he is back...

He must have lost his cool for a post or two. We all do that. I told ya Orbs are bad

Yeah he did... I saw the posts... but 'we' are supposed to be above that... while the trolls run free... At times it is frustrating and despite what people think even Internos is only human

Depends on which orbs

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A few more 'odd'

Seems ones in smoke tend to be more sinister

This one made the New York Times..

This one I have not found a better source yet...

"Face Rock", 57° 23.959' North, 153° 50.904' West, West shore of Uyak Inlet, Kodiak Island.

My favorite

Very Sad...

Grampaw...

I have many more
But that ought to give you the idea

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Zorgon you have an eye I wish I had, you find the most amazing things, Now that smoke the OP posted is strange, I didn't see that demon/devil head the first time i saw it.

I have also gone out and take pics in the dark just for giggles, I got tons of orbs, but I live in the desert, so we have tons of dust, even if we cant see it with the naked eye, but on the OP's pic it looks nice and grassy.

The smoke is more interesting to me than the orbs though.

Thank you OP for sharing with us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join