It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm days away from being poor AND homeless.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
lol... I just looked up...

Everybody Mentions Tempe Rofl, Seriously is the best place in the United States to fall flat on your arse

1.00 coronos a t Dos gringos Thursday Night's be there...

I'll be the guy acting like the G-d Father from Old School...

Seriously, I'm over by the Biltmore now... 20 minutes away, but still go out in Tempe at least once a week... Because Mojitos on my corner are 15.00 each and it gets pricey, but, the women are even hotter over here...

I pay even here... 1/4 of what an Apt in NYC would have cost me... and I am next door to several of the Phoenix suns, John McCain owns a condo around the corner... it's all Dolce and Prada, smells like expensive leather when I go out...

If I told you what I pay to have that, you'd crap your pants

But also...

Tempe-Scottsdale-East PHX down Camelback only up to hwy 51... DO NOT do the ghetto here...stick to Tempe at first and as close to ASU as you can

West Phx and South PHX is like the detroit of the West... Cops keep the Meth heads away from the nice areas... and they are cheep, you save nothing by going ghetto in this city, it can be dangerous if you pick the wrong location

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You've convinced me to quit my job, get out of my house, and move.
Now, I just need you to have a chat with my wife.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Haha lol, I have to laugh because ... my life last year really was very remnicent of the movie "Old School" admitedly and honestly somewhere inbetween the performance of the God Father and Hank the Tank (only a few Hank the Tank moments) mostly great fun...

But... It like the Movie requires a DIVORCE to get there if your married

and I'd have been happier if my marriage worked, be Happy, especially if you have kids as I do... Nice to live like this..for a time, but better to have your kids around 24/7

I would however, seriously reccomend the path for anyone who gets Divorced ..particularly if your taken for all your cash...

Really the situation... is no different than styarting life... being young again, no reason to not get a degree... and certainly you would make abigger fool of yourself being broke and starting over in yuppie land...

I found it to be a great way to restart my life, make friends, get my business going, be assured of jobs, have fun...

It is after all...what College towns are designed to do for you... if I was much older, or even didn't look as young as I do, maybe not so good... being 50 or 37 is a big difference...

But lol... hopefully when I get married again I don't F up this time!

Particularly though for the OP

A College town is a great, safe, sane, fun place to start over with tons of opportunities and... particularly if you never did it, or have no strings attached... what are you waiting for!!!

Doesn't have to be forever... but if your going to ride out a Great Depression... Borrow some money from Uncle Sam, fill in really lame jobs and party your kiester off while everyone else cries...

There ain't no depression that will prevent you from donating some Plasma going to Keg party, stuffing and drinking your face off and meeting pretty girls!

5 G a semester... for going to class lol,

again...

nop 1 Party school in the USA, a depression will deter No One

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, I really enjoy this place, nice people.

I have decided to stay after a very long and emotional day. Yes, it is the ones we love that really matter in our life, our family and close friends.

I urge anyone that is alone right now to find someone, and if you have someone hold them even closer. I have a feeling we will be relying on each other a lot more in the near future.

I know I must replace my doubt with hope, and I hope for all of us around the world that we can make it through this in a friendly and helping way.

Take care, and keep your head up.

I know this isn't much from a random person on the internet, but I truly see the good in all of you that reside here, we all believe in freedom of information and ideas. It is a noble idea that brings us together.

And no one shall take this away. Goodnight friends.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
you can come and stay with me i dont care, we always have all kinds of brainy adventures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join