It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction .II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You prolly thought about a single, current, whole race, within our human race, going extinct one day before, correct? But do you ever give thought to, not a race extinction, but an 'attractive looks' extinction with humankind? Like thinking one day no human being shall look attractive to any other human being here. How would the world go on with human beauty extinct? For the moment, imagine no more humans that are cute, nice, handsome, adorable, admirable, beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, fine, hot, sexy, pretty, good, great, dreamy, and etc. of the alike words that would imply humanly attractive...
Would be such a down and spiceless and ugly state for humans.

So the question is then: What can science and technology do, now or later, to prevent our humankind's 'attractive looks' from going extinct?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
fear not ugly people have kids too

infact theres a theory that the pretty will get prettier and the ugly will get uglier and the race will split into ones similar to "the time machine"

with the ugly trollish morlocks and the funshine pretty kids of the eli

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There would always be attraction on some level - thats a major part of reproduction and finding a 'mate'

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Got to agree with you on that one, i met my partner on the internet 5 years ago. I fell in love with him before i had even met him. It would'nt of mattered what he looked like although i did find him attractive, The eyes do it for me. You can see a persons soul in their eyes, well at least it feels like it.

People are attracted to different people. Have you ever thought 'whys she with him?' Or cannot see what your freinds find attractive in people? Its like we are programmed to be attracted to certain people - maby so we dont upset the balance. As I think Mabus was possibly getting at was that ultimately we could become one type of look - like animals. No one would be better looking than anyone else? In a way that is not such a bad thing, sometimes superficial looks are all that matters to some people - i find that really sad, they miss so much.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

It can never be.

If the looks bar is lowered, there will still be people with above average looks.
It's like if evil was totally wiped out, the lesser of goods would then be the evils.

Or in prison for life, eventually someone is going to be the hot chick. LOL!

In school I remember thinking one year, "Wow... We have not one hottie in the class this year but the other classes have many!" But by the end of the first week I would have my top 3 all mapped out and by the end of the semester I would have at least one solid crush.

I think, as of late, the bar has been raised considerably. I look around and the ones hitting the age of majority are just about all 8/10s. The other's a measly 7.9/10! LOL!

What you are getting at is different, I know. Though there is another interesting thing I've noticed...

Ever see two extremely attractive parent's kids compared to the offspring of two less than pretty? I find if two fugly parents make a child, that child is orders prettier than the children of the finer looking parents. Just my silly observation. Maybe it's the water here.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Things that attract us to others evolve with us. So if we de-evolve, then I would say we get attracted to lesser or weirder things. Put your imagination to what just different cultures like. Sure there are some similarities between ALL of them, but there are many "out there" as well.

Attraction will always exist it will just change over time what makes us feel it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is going to sound a bit un serious,but it is very true.

As long as we have alcohol the ugly people dont have anything to be worried about

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by Mabus

What you are getting at is different, I know. Though there is another interesting thing I've noticed...

Ever see two extremely attractive parent's kids compared to the offspring of two less than pretty? I find if two fugly parents make a child, that child is orders prettier than the children of the finer looking parents. Just my silly observation. Maybe it's the water here.

I'd noticed usually the offspring is better looking than their parents. But I'd also notice offspring not better looking than their parents.

Sometimes you look at an attactive woman that makes known she has kids, and you'd wonder surely her kids must look better if not just as attractive. Sometimes you look at an unattractive woman that makes known she has kids, and you think, to yourself, "Who inpregnanted her?" and think, "Surely her kids arent better looking."

^^In both cases you could be right or completely wrong.

The thing about unattractiveness is even the very human themself may find themself unattractive. So if the whole humankind for ever does attract to each other, whose to say they, each themselves, find themselves attractive? If we find not ourselves attractive surely we wont confess our attraction to one another since we'd think the other wont find us attractive since we dont.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I truly believe that beauty is only skin deep, as long as there are considerate, sweet, funny, etc.. people left then they will attract.

When I first met my husband I was not at all attracted to him but as I was alone I spent some time with him anyways and we've been together for almost 15 years now. As I hung out with him and found myself becoming attracted. I find this happens often even with women (maybe even moreso), like I start a new job and meet a bunch of people and you'll think one woman is really beautiful and another is not so much and then as you become familiar with them the pretty one becomes less pretty and the ugly one becomes prettier...it's the inside that counts.

Just my opinion.

Adnil

new topics

top topics

join