It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is Financially Cursed by God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

www.biblegateway.com...

Consistent tithers are a small group – about 3% of American adults last year, according to a recent study. And the proportion of tithers appears to be dropping, the survey indicates. In 2001, 8% of adults surveyed reported that they tithed, according to the poll of 1,010 adults by the Oxnard-based Barna Research Group. The independent marketing research firm has tracked cultural trends related to beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviors since 1984.

Even among born-again Christians, who make up 38% of the nation’s population, just 6% tithed last year, compared with 14% in 2001, the survey found.

Among evangelicals – defined for the survey as people who believe they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs about Jesus with non-Christians – 9% tithed, according to the survey. The evangelical group makes up roughly 6% of the nation’s population, according to Barna figures.

articles.latimes.com...

So what big change has happend to the US economy since 2001? Tythes to God have dramatically dropped. So the american economy is now cursed by God himself. Americans are robbing God himself and now america will be cursed for it. As government increases its robbery of america at gunpoint through higher taxes the prosepect of correcting this theft from God does not look very good.

God himself only demands 10% why would man require more than God?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If we set aside the obvious religions implications, America is financially cursed because of Greed and corruption. God has nothing to do with it. That being said, Money has become the new god. If anyone is to truly find peace, they must accept that God is intangible and listen instead to the message. Financial doom is set about by the actions of men, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

God himself only demands 10% why would man require more than God?

Because Man has placed himself above God.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I hope you're not serious, I really do.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
If we set aside the obvious religions implications, America is financially cursed because of Greed and corruption. God has nothing to do with it. That being said, Money has become the new god. If anyone is to truly find peace, they must accept that God is intangible and listen instead to the message. Financial doom is set about by the actions of men, nothing more.

So following God commandments about NOT stealing or NOT to covet thy neighbors whatever has nothing to do with this? Is not greed wanting MORE than your neighbor? Did not fannie and freddie STEAL?

Fact as tythes have reduced so has the economy............

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
America will get through it, I mean if America gets hit then the world knows it too so its not just about America being top of the pile being judged. Some say America is spiritually linked to the Israel curse, if they help them in their cause less disasters happen and if they don't more things go against them. I am not sure how America right now is being judged by God through Isreal, what have the Americans done that may upset the Jews if they are God's chosen pomise and blessing to the world if treated well and sided with?

link   
I use to give my 10% until I read this quote from Jesus:

Matthew 21:22

“Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s.”

The money belongs to the goverment, it is theirs. Our being, our heart, our soul belong to God, weare his.

Churches requiring 10% tithes are not in God's desire. All churches want your money, which actually belongs to Ceaser. The Church teaches, "Thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods". Then they ask me to give them someone else's money. I just don't understand it.

As a result I stopped tithing and I stopped going to church. I instead use that money and time to visit God's most wonderous natural creations (sedona and the alps are my favorites), where I feel a little bit more in touch with him, away from a society which places so much importance on Ceaser's money.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks this way, but that could be why donations are down.

link   
double post

[edit on 21-10-2008 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

My point exactly.
The reason that AIG, Fanny, Freddy, etc..., think they can steal is because we are merely a means to their ends. We are not entitled to the wealth they all enjoy. We are no more than sacrifices in their eyes. So to them we are no more than the sheep on the altar.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It is not a curse - it is a lesson and an opportunity. A lesson in how not to do things and a breaking down of the old order to clear a space to make something better, if people have the will to make it so.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
It is not a curse - it is a lesson and an opportunity. A lesson in how not to do things and a breaking down of the old order to clear a space to make something better, if people have the will to make it so.

And just what would that "better" be? Better that God? Better than man?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
so your saying god made this financial crisis too.. wow it must be great to have such a great scapegoat to blame everything on.. why is that rock growing legs and walking across the floor.. oh god made it happen..

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Tithing is not required under the New Testament. If there is a problem with tithing in America, it is due to those still under Mosaic Law.

In the Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 verses Christ was not teaching
that tithing was required by the New Testament, but rather was just
re-enforcing that this was a requirement under the Old Covenant!

Looking for other tithing verses in the New Testament we do not find
any requirement for Christians to tithe.

source

Of course, tithing is important to the financial health of a church. Like my pastor says, "If money grows on trees, that tree is planted in your back yard!"

2 Corinthians

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

From the MacArthur Daily Bible, pg. 902

No required amount or percentage for giving to the Lord's work is specified in the New Testament. All giving to the Lord is to be freewill giving and completely discretionary (Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6-8). This is not to be confused with the Old Testament required giving of 3 tithes (Lev. 27:30: Num. 18:21-26; Deut. 14:28,29; Mal. 3:8-10), which totaled about 23 percent annually to fund the national government of Israel, take care of public festivals, and provide welfare. Modern paralells to the Old Testament tithe are found in the taxation system of countries (Rom. 13:6). Old Testament giving to God was not regulated as to amount (see Ex. 25:1,2; 35:21; 36:6; Prov. 3:9,10; 11:24)

You may have a point, though I think it is a long shot as the financial crisis is global. If you do, though, I think your finger is pointing in the wrong direction.

Personally, I think we are coming out from under Grace and coming under Conviction. The Age of Grace is ending and the return of Christ is imminent.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by skjalddis

And just what would that "better" be? Better that God? Better than man?

Umm... better than the existing financial system, obviously..

On the other hand, if you folks want to go around believing that you're cursed, far be it from me to stop you.
Have a nice day

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Tithing is not required under the New Testament. If there is a problem with tithing in America, it is due to those still under Mosaic Law.

No required amount or percentage for giving to the Lord's work is specified in the New Testament. All giving to the Lord is to be freewill giving and completely discretionary (Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6-8). This is not to be confused with the Old Testament required giving of 3 tithes (Lev. 27:30: Num. 18:21-26; Deut. 14:28,29; Mal. 3:8-10), which totaled about 23 percent annually to fund the national government of Israel, take care of public festivals, and provide welfare. Modern paralells to the Old Testament tithe are found in the taxation system of countries (Rom. 13:6). Old Testament giving to God was not regulated as to amount (see Ex. 25:1,2; 35:21; 36:6; Prov. 3:9,10; 11:24)

You may have a point, though I think it is a long shot as the financial crisis is global. If you do, though, I think your finger is pointing in the wrong direction.

Personally, I think we are coming out from under Grace and coming under Conviction. The Age of Grace is ending and the return of Christ is imminent.

How sad is your misunderstanding of Christs work on earth. In many places in the so called "new testement" comes into conflict with Christ teachings. That's because Paul was a false apostle. Follow Christ example not Paul...........

Again listen to Jesus........

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matt 5:17-18

Tytheing (which means a tenth) is an act of obedience to God, a sign you understand and obey his will...........keeping the commandments and the sabbaths and the holydays too............

To say there is no amount in the bible for tytheing is showning complete ignorance...............

[edit on 23-10-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
When God is removed from the hearts of the believers, it becomes God who is responsible for their heart ache.
Believe that God is the creator. What God would want their creations destroying one another. To believe in a God One must believe in their opposite as well.
For it is the demons best trick of all to convince you that they do not exist.

Look for the answers to our problems and do not blame them on GOD.
Blame them on the weakness of humankind. The weakness has has allowed us to fail in our own hearts, the glory of the Lord.
For it is the Lord that carries us when we are unable to carry on ourselves.
God exists in the hearts of all humankind and to deny this is to fail ourselves.

God is an entity that has no possibility of us comprehending it's existence.
The isness of being is that not of duality but of one.
Duality exist for all but the final dimension.
It is there we will find the isness.
We have carried back with us from higher levels of existence the knowledge of the isness but in our present state it is unattainable.

So are we cursed by GOD? I thought only those of demonic origins could conjure the "CURSE"
Does GOD want us to follow an lightened path, and not one of destruction?
Why not?
Does GOD want us to revel in our own misery, or be able to extract ourselves from it?
A child can be told many times not to touch the flame. The child will often not listen, not due to defiance but due to curiosity. When the child burns themselves they have learned the lesson of the parent. It is the parents that allowed the child to learn in this way. Is the parent wrong, or is there a broader scope to the lesson?
On might say that from then on the child may listen to the parent and not have to learn the hard way next time.
We as humanity are on the same path, God is allowing us to fall, only to watch us pick ourselves back up. Smarter for the experience.

The truth is, We will never know anyway.

mother is the word for god on the lips and hearts of children.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why not pay 10%? Why does Benny Hinn have more money then 3/4 of the people in the US? How come those pastors your see on TV have more money then 3/4 of the people?

Beliefs have no impact on the economy. However, greed does have an impact and the bible speaks against it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Why not pay 10%? Why does Benny Hinn have more money then 3/4 of the people in the US? How come those pastors your see on TV have more money then 3/4 of the people?

Beliefs have no impact on the economy. However, greed does have an impact and the bible speaks against it.

Because as MOST TV "pastors", Benny is a false apostle, when any TV or other "minister" asks for money, they are FAKE. If real God does provide for thier needs with out asking.

All these "mega" TV churches are false churches.......

new topics

top topics

join