It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are people more in tune with psychic awareness after a loss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My father passed away very suddenly at home and it was a huge shock. We tried desperately to revive him, but it was not to be. Since his death I have found that I will be thinking of a song and minutes later that song will be played. I thought of Steve Fossett and then a week later his plane was found and other incidences that have got me quite scared. I am wondering if these are all circumstantial or just me being one of my psychiatric patients.
I am wondering if others have experienced this or whether I am clinging on to this as a reaction to grief?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss, my husband lost both of his parents with little warning two years ago and watching his grief and struggle to deal with it was very hard. It is a pain I can not imagine and one I do not look forward to.

I think that possibly after a huge loss so many of our barriers and self made walls are stripped away by the grief and trauma that we are more receptive the the frequencies of the universe. Maybe when in the face of such grief our higher selves reach out the to the universe and world at large to keep us going and get us through.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am so saddened for your loss. They say grief is an unexplainable individualized road that characteristically takes 10 years, passing through different stages. That is what they say.

It is neat to hear about your pop playing you tunes, or the universe giving you a hug, or a premonition ability maybe resultant from your ties that carried with to the beyond the physical.

My great aunt died. Not long after that I had some accidents so I can't define where any activity began.

Right before my second cousin got murdered, he took me aside and warned me of his fear that it was coming, he told me not to be afraid, that if I saw him lying down. He told me that no one dies-he will just step out from his body and still be the same.
I'd an odd feeling he'd been looking out for me..

The night before my love were buried, though separated for a very long time, we spent the evening dancing. There were no hell like the next morning.
I actually felt he and the others from the accident were stuck in a bad way, it came like that for years, maybe it was me that were stuck, but I did some research and set some thoughts and intention: it seemed to have worked. I don't recall how I went about it.

Things have been highly different for me in these last years, though I couldn't fathom the words to explain.

I don't or haven't felt the paranormal like I used to, now I more sense beyond the physical, understanding that both exist and are separate 'hallos' from each other. Re: someone living thinking about you vs someone passed from the phsyical thinking about you.

Take the best care of you-you might find your pop still will be teaching you along the way to help you through your separation.
*hugs*

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo girl

I lost my father (age 63) to cancer nearly five years ago, and even when it is known it is still very difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this.

Some people do have psychic connections with loved ones, and it may be their way of telling you they will always be there for you. Take these signs as a blessing as to many of us are in a material world and have lost our spirituality.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
thank you all so much for your replies. Today is my dad's birthday and so it has been a difficult day. Thanks :-x

top topics

join