It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any particular world figure / leader getting into your dreams lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The past couple nights I've sprung out of bed feeling like a chicken in a hen house that has been compromised by a fox.

The two dreams so far have been of Obama.

2 Nights ago: I was giving Obama a second award from some organization I was part of.
The first award was 1992 and this particular one was set in 1999. I have no idea about what sort of award but it was a grammy type award. The 1992 award was cheap, like my organization was only started and had a limited budget but the 1999 award was as shiny and prestigious as a grammy / academy award.

Last night: I was being bullied as a kid by a childhood friend's brother. (I never was even once bullied in life, strangely) Then the dream morphed into a custody battle I was having with my nonexistent wife over my nonexistent daughter. You guessed it, I got Obama as a lawyer. The dream seemed to center around some sort of social injustice theme but wasn't clear either way.

Strange the dreams were of ANY political / world figure as I've never in my life had a dream with such people in them. I lean toward McCain more of just those two, but would love to see Ron Paul elected as my signature says.

In my wakeful state after springing up out of bed, I felt like the dream was more invasive then out of my own imagination, as I said I've NEVER dreamed of politicians / leaders ever in my life.

I ask this question: Has anyone, lately / short term, been experiencing these sort of dreams with a reoccurring appearance by any sort of world / political figure? What can we extrapolate from such dreams?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yea,

Sarah Palin..

Every night

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You lucky dog!

Are you sure that's not Tina Fey?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No.

I am glad I can keep my dreams and politics separated.

Though it would be nice to step into the dreams of others.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I see you're not picky!!

I have, they are George Bush nightmares.
Also very large crafts in the skies, and not due to dear Blossom either.
This was before the Federation of Light fiasco.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
STOP IT! ALL OF YOU. He's trying to be serious

Gwyneth Paltrow

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I once dreamed I met Richard Nixon.

Check that.

I once nightmared I met Richard Nixon.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I had a dream about Sarah Palin about two months ago. She was saying something stupid about some place in South America. Well, I don't really know exactly what she was saying, but my dream self got that wonderfully sinking "Oh jeez" feeling.

Other than that, I don't dream about politicians much... Thank the stars!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Very recently I had a dream and Obama was in it... I'm not even American....
I usually arrive home first, from school than my family, in real life. In this dream, that happened, but the rest of my family didn't return. So I kept doing the things I usually do than I hear my fathers car arriving, late at night when I started to become a little worried about my family. I go downstairs, I see my family and guess who's with them? To my surprise it was Obama! After some coffee, he leaves and my father starts yelling at me: why didn't you go have dinner with us and Obama? What's wrong wit you? etc... while I was completely unaware of any dinner with Mr. Obama....

I dreamt this about a week ago and now this thread pops up, this was a nice coincidence

[edit on 21/10/2008 by kingsnake]

I also don't recall having a dream with a politician....

[edit on 21/10/2008 by kingsnake]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I see you're not picky!!

I only see her from the back - its easier that way

And this is lot better than my last dreams about Margaret Thatcher

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, not to freak you atlantican or you siblin (or anyone else who has experienced politician dreams), and don't answer if you don't want to, I have a question.

Have you or either of your biological parents ever been patients in a military hospital?

I should put an exception on that.

I DON'T mean in the case of their or you being wounded in battle, or injured in the course of duty, like a broken arm or leg.

I mean in terms of becoming ill from say pneumonia or something else, while they or you were serving.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by undermind]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's possible. If it did, it happened before I was born or when I was very young, so no details. Why?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Actually yes. My Father, TB in the Korean War.

I'd definitely like to hear what you are thinking, indeed.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Undermind, is your default pic an elongated version of the face on "The Scream?"

Anyway, during the primaries I had a dream about Giuliani. It was frightening, as it was rather saucy in nature and ewww!!

I do have a crush on Putin though, so maybe the next dream will be about him.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

She was a dream to some once. And raised business rates. And beat Scargill
and then totally failed to retrain the miners. And the left didn't bother to remind her. Clowns. As ever. But seriously, she was divisive, the first women in control of an historically male dominated structure, can't blame her. But no, I would not dream of her leadership again.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Last week I dreamed about walking into my old college with Obama!

Which is weird because I'm not American and I don't focus too too much on politics. The only obama-related things I did the day before were watch a "Barack-roll" and "Can't stop Barack" music videos on Youtube.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The question centers around military psi-tech.

There is a correlation between undergoing treatment for certain illnesses by military doctors and the subsequent experiencing of dreams which have to do with political matters or matters under investigation by one or more of the various intelligence agencies.

The origins of the project - we might as well call it that, so far as I have found - were in the response to a particularly 1950's, 60's and 70's military problem: scientists in the then Soviet Union were competing with each other to come up with the grossest, most harmful biological weapons. The West needed an effective response, and they needed it urgently.

In parallel development with this tactical problem were two ongoing projects.

The first - the one about which there is the least information - is a project to harness the power of the human mind in exactly the same way as you would a computer. In objective terms, the human mind is the most complex entity known. However, I don't mean harnessing in the sense of gaining information or calculating something in terms of speech or writing or numbers. I mean a computer that inputs and outputs the symbolic language of the subconscious mind.

What if you could film your dreams?

How would such a film be recorded, how rendered viewable as on a tv screen?

If you could film a dream, it's possible also to reverse the process and introduce dreams to the subconscious. Although it's by far the most powerful compared with the conscious doorkeeper, unlike the conscious the subconscious doesn't argue or refuse to process, it simply takes what the conscious mind tells it to be true and comes up with an answer. You've heard of asking the subconscious to solve a problem before you go to sleep, then dreaming the answer or having it suddenly arrive apparently out of nowhere?

The other project related to this is to find out how the human genome works.

More later

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Interesting! Got any project names or a couple links to various discussions on it?

I'd love to read me for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My most recent political dream had McCain, Palin and Obama in it.

McCain was talking to me, and said that I would probably vote for Obama and not him, but being Canadian, I doubt in real life I would cast a legitimate vote.

What made the dream funny, was Obama came into the dream walking like a dog, and being walked by a black dog. Which really makes no sense from real life perspective.

I patted Obama on the head and he kind of coward away, so I pet the dog walking him who was much nicer in the dream.

top topics

join