It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Imperial Commander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
PODcast:

Imperial Commander

A short electronic song.

length: 03:06
file: btsmpod_3101.mp3
size: 3643k
feed: btsm

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Refined ambient beat! You should make more, this stuff is really good. Quite meditative.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
haha I don't know about that, but thank you! I keep hearing akward things in this one, and it's too short now that I think about it, so I guess another one is on its way.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Hey Om, another cool one. Do you mind if I ask what you are using to compose and what if any add ons you have? I am still new to it and am using garage band/live.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
FL studio exclusively with vst synthesizers by image-line. Morphine and toxic. Composed using the piano roll step sequencer in fl. Primary compressor is Maximus.

The website has a free demo version, it's the full version, but you are unable to save your projects.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Reply to OM:

Ah, ok. Perhaps slightly out of my league.

Thanks and I am always looking to learn more - one needs to have an idea of what to shoot for! Cool sounding stuff.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think garageband had drop-in options for 3rd party instruments and effects?

This site has some good stuff and it's free. There's plenty of help on the internet, so have fun. Everyone says you need to construct the bass track first and build your song around that, but the main thing is to remember not to box yourself in.

If you go off on a tangent playing around with something that isn't even gonna be in the song, keep doing it. Just have a noise play and start turning knobs to learn. You may not know some terminology or something, but you know that doing this causes this to happen etc. that's what I think is important

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to OM]

Thanks again! GB does have drop in, I have an m-audio tiny m-audio input box and I've thrown in some sounds from live. It is VERY time consuming to create, as you I'm sure are aware of, and so far my simple set up has kept me just interested enough to keep going. Thanks again and make some vids for youtube.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join