It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter with extraterrestrial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm don't have an opinion one way or another on if this guy/girl is for real. However, I'm an American who does live in Canada and Canadians use the metric system: meters and centimeters etc. The only Canadians I know who still can think in and or use the Imperial system is the older generation. My father-in-law for example who was around when they made the switch.

But they all use feet/inches when referring to height. They would say, "I'm 6 foot" not however many centimeters that would be.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry nad we get the usual I just saw alien posts often.. 1 might be true but we have to be judgmental and not gullible. It's something that's unreal, I wouldn't put it past me that this does or can happen because I believe in aliens out there maybe flying around in our skies but I havn't seen any and I would love for some good aliens to pick me up like they did with you.. I would ask for extra time and find out everything.

If what you is saying is true then ask them for something, ask them for information on where the world is heading, try find out as much as you can and tell us i'm sure there will be many here interested to hear.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

I believe as well. Aliens, visitation, and all the sort.

I don't believe BS.

If it smells like...looks like...It must be...

I try to understand the thinking...Hmm...This great event happened to me, so I think I am going to open up an account on above top secret.

That would be my first action as well. Actually...I would probably go to the doctor to see if i've got some weird alien virus, I'd also probably have someone investigate the area where it landed, check radar, all that crap.

Oh that's right, you are afraid of being ridiculed publicly.

xul

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nad78

One last time, IF YOU THINK IT IS FANTASY please do not comment. I understand it souns silly but please if you have only negative comments i would appreciate them kept to yourself.

Why?
Why can't I say that all this sounds like a total and uber and utter bull# to me?
Give a proof to your story or GTFO.
Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Younger Canadians use the metric system. That change happened sometime after we were already using the other. I think in inches, feet, yards. I have to use conversions for the other.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Listen, numpties. The guy asked you to stfu with the dissection of his statement. Please honor that. It's really not that hard. I would love to hear the rest of what has transpired before thinking about whether something that you people are going to say can't happen due to x, y and z in any case.

Now STFU until the words are all in print! Have a little decency! If you can't, head on over to the MUFON site forum.

If this were a creative writing forum, you could interrupt and critique along the way. Let the guy unburden himself and if you don't have anything encouraging and kind to say, save it for your mother-in-law. It's genuinely not needed here.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xul

Originally posted by Nad78

One last time, IF YOU THINK IT IS FANTASY please do not comment. I understand it souns silly but please if you have only negative comments i would appreciate them kept to yourself.

Why?
Why can't I say that all this sounds like a total and uber and utter bull# to me?
Give a proof to your story or GTFO.
Simple as that.

Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to read it. Go elsewhere. I want to read what he has to say.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Too late - I think he didnt find enough 'believers' for him to continue....

For what its worth I wouldnt believe or not believe him - just an interesting story, whether true or not..

Entertainment for entertainments sake, maybe a bit more of this should go on on this site, by that I mean less outright 'flaming' and more just encouraging whether true or not. You get plenty of laughs on this site why close down another potential avenue

[edit on 22-10-2008 by pedetemptim]

xul

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm also from Europe and the first thing I noticed is the wrong metric system he used in his story.
This is enough for a big hoax alart for me.

Sure, there could be some sort of explanation why feets and inches were used instead of centimeters and meters but you know .....Occam's razor.
And I just don't know anyone who could translate (our) metric system into feets and inches without some serious calculations.

But, furthermore, it just sounds funny to me how this alien took his time to try to learn "every human language on earth" instead of... I don't know...like... exploring the universe?

The whole story sounds like a hoax and I think i've seen similar threads here before...some could be even made by the same individual because the pattern is always the same - a big skeptic at first, then a close encounter of a fourth kind, then some obnoxious lame blah...blah and blah story and finally that typical "please just go away if you don't believe me" crap.

P.S.: And even if you think this story could be true... just don't blame me, blame the countless proven hoaxers that were here before doing their jobs.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What amazes me is there is roughly 6,800 spoken languages on the planet Earth. 96 percent of them are only spoken by about 4 percent of the Earths population. If "something" had the knowledge to learn that many languages, don't you think that they could do a little better than broken English?

We are not picking the story apart. The story has done that all by itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join