It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a BAD idea!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Updating the Electorial proceedure... Does anyone else see this as a bit weird. NOW it's a problem... We've only been doing it the same way for over 200 years! Shoot what's next... Change the Consititution?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Shoot what's next... Change the Consititution?

Well yes, if Palin get's her way, Constitutional Amendments WILL happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah, because changing the Electoral College system of voting is JUST like changing the constitution.

1 Voice, 1 Vote.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think every individual vote should be counted as a nation, not from state to state. Why should 1 state give 10 points while another gives only 3? I say we tallie each and every vote and the person with the most amount wins, not the one who wins the most battle ground states. We should all be battle ground states.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am all for doing away with the electoral college and applying something that favors the people more, but scrapping the electoral college isn't going to happen overnight, if at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is the best idea I've ever heard of. Down with the electoral college of people we don't know.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
down with electoral college and both left coast will always select the president. it is the only way to give low population states a voice.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Shoot what's next... Change the Consititution?

Scrapping the electoral vote system would likely require a constitutional amendment since the Constitution itself created the electoral system (Article II, section 1).

well i think the answer is obvious.

new topics

top topics

join