It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Military Presence in a Small Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have no qualms about disclosing my town of residence, since if the Feds come after me for investigating or whatever, I'm 110% sure they don't need a forum to find me. For those of you who are not familiar with the area, I have given links on key words to help you get a feel, and some information, of what goes on around here. Hopefully we can figure something out, or just debunk what a paranoid individual (myself) thinks.

I live in a small beach town in Florida, named Jupiter.

First let me state, the nearest military base is in Cocoa Beach, which is at least an hour north of here. The next closest south would be homestead, which we know has been shut down, and is on the list of potential "FEMA Camps." That's more than an hour south. To the west we have Avon Park, which I'm not sure, but I believe I saw it, too, on the list of potential "camps." (I'm putting them in quotes because it may or may not be true, and is irrelevant...maybe...to the post)

I've lived here all my life (since 1988) and have never seen military presence, until last Spring. I was working for a local building contractor on tearing down a house in a neighborhood, and frequented the local McDonalds for lunch. I started to notice more and more military personnel coming to eat there. The first couple times, I thought it was someone home on leave. I, myself, am an Air Force reject (was hurt in training and sent home before completion), and know how that sort of thing works. But as I stopped in to the McDonalds at least once a day for something to drink, I kept seeing them, sometimes the same people, sometimes different. As I stated, before now, there's never been a military presence in Jupiter. Even to this day, I frequent this McDonalds, because I recently moved just a mile or two away, and I still see them there.

Just this morning, four military helicopters flew very low over my house. I'm pretty sure they were some variant of the Black Hawk (my cousin is a Black Hawk mechanic, so I've seen pictures of a bunch of different variations). They were flying in formation, from South East to North West.

Ten minutes later two unidentifiable helicopters flew over my house, one going in the same direction but at a high enough altitude I couldn't tell what it was (sun glare in my eyes). The other one was heading North to South. About 15 minutes later, I saw two more, like the latter, flying in the same direction (North to South). These North to South ones were very small.

I do know we have a private airport near where I live, but (if that's still in use) it's only used by our local rich people who own their own planes, and probably the people who own the orange groves just north of me, if crop dusting is still a common practice.

Out west is an old Pratt & Whitney complex, but since they laid off hundreds of people (including many of my family) not much has gone on out there. Maybe the military picked it up? P&W makes airplane engines and rocket engines, and deals with a few other related things (building the air planes themselves, occasionally) but the only relevance to helicopters is P&W's Canada division, which has some involvement with helicopters. But that's Canada.

So, any thoughts? Am I just over-paranoid?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was born in West palm,used to live in Jensen Beach and my grandpa worked for pratt for years till he retired. That does sound weird, mabe I will call and ask him whats up.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Given the kind of world we seem to be making for ourselves recently, I suggest you're NOT overly-paranoid.

It wouldn't be alarming except most citizens don't seem to take notice or care that there local vicinity is potentially becoming militarized..., which makes it a potential target for 'bad guys.'

Unless of course, "they" are somehow the 'bad guys' in which case, once again, it pays to keep your eyes open.

Keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What branch of the Armed Forces were those that you observed in the McDonalds?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

Which branch is it? also next time you see them just ask where they are staying at.. start a conversation about how you were in the Air Force for a bit then bla bla.. should be able to find out.. then go out there take some pics.. if there is a military base there... then that's bad news.. that could confirm that military will be used as law enforcement

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It makes you wonder what it is, what they know, what they have in store for us.

I dont know if i'm brave enough for any of this.

If they want us to live in fear, they are doing an awesome job at it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Has anyone given thought to the potential that the military has been placed at defunct facilities in preparadness for potential problems stemming from the elections?
Moving small amounts of troops into the area would not set off any alarms.Massive troop movements would alert people,even if they are asleep.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I understand your concern and don't think your crazy, and besides the personnel...I saw several helicopters flying in formation and heard them for a few days...then I realized after seeing a sign...that there was an Air Show that weekend (at the private port here in my local area)...and I was told by others that there were military people and equipment because they try to get people's attention in order to recruit them.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

Official troop deployment as of Oct.1st. It would be the first time since the civil war.

www.armytimes.com...

Remember that Bush suspended Posse Comitatis so we should be seeing more troops in our neighborhoods.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I think you might have a point there Daddy. Broward/Dade County have been the worse voting precincts in the state of Florida since the "Hanging Chad" comedy. I imagine there is going to be ALOT of accusatory voter fraud issues coming out of South Florida in two weeks. I remember hearing during the 2004 election of people supposedly being physically blocked from voting. Don't know how much was true but there you have it. That would be my guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting town you live in! I like the whole story about the flag pole in the front yard, got to love how the Bush's really stuck it to the Housing Admin.

I personally think you should call up your closest military base and find out if there is excersises going on in Jupiter, also relay your concerns with them.

They might have changed there training locations, due to the fact they need to train somewhere. They tend to like using areas of less population to avoid to many people feeling like you do. Also their are alot of vet's and refugee's that don't like having to see the presence of military due to horrible tragedy's happening to them.

If you don't want to call them out of fear created on the internet and social networks like this one, then you are just alittle too paranoid and need to take a break from this site
Heck I had to take a break at one point

IMO there is nothing to fear, but it is good to keep an open eye and never surrender your right to information and freedom's...ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS (In case the bogey-man does exsists then make sure you have alot of people who care about you in the know of what your doing)

Either way Take Care of yourself

[edit on 11/13/07 by Spaxz]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How was my post off topic? Plenty of other posts after mine dance around the topic of martial law, yet mine was deemed off topic? unbelievable.

Maybe there is a secret base nearby then, that would explain increased military presence where there formerly was none.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How was my post off topic? Plenty of other posts after mine dance around the topic of martial law, yet mine was deemed off topic? unbelievable.

Maybe there is a secret base nearby then, that would explain increased military presence where there formerly was none.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thank you all for your reply's.

I believe it was Army. I never really thought to look at ranking or anything, and I was never really close. Next time I see one, I will make an effort to speak with them.

I have tomorrow off, I'll probably head over and hang out for a little just to see if any show up.

Idunquist, if your post pertained to Marshal Law, please send me a message about what you said. They were removed before I got home to my computer.

new topics

top topics

join