It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! A Prediction Which Actually Came True!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Friday. 17 October 2008.
It was predicted. It came to fruition.

I predicted that I would have the best day of my life on this date. I did, but it was even better!

Let's rewind. Let's look.

My son came running down the stairs early in the morning of the day in question. His hair was a mess. He was wearing his Sponge Bob pajamas. I had just gotten done feeding the cats, dog and fish. He came running over screaming DADDY, and tackled me.

"Daddy! We're going to the Diner right?"

"You bet Little Dude!"

He proceeded to wrestle me, and he 'beat me' 3 out of 3 matches. AWESOME!!!!!!

"OK little Dude, time to brush your teeth and change."

"Daddy, I don't want to go to school today!"

"Sorry Buddy, but you have to go."

"But Daddy........"

"That's the rule. You are going to school. Let's brush you're teeth. OK?"

"Ok........" Talk about a forlorn face!

We brush his teeth, put on his school clothes, and finish getting ready. His Mommy packed him up his lunch box. She might be a pain in the toosh, but she takes GREAT care of him. She really does.

"Dude! I need my squeezy!" He runs over, jumps in my arms and gives me a super squeezy hug.

"Daddy, I love you so much!"

"I love you even more Dude!"

"Daddy! No you don't! I love you more!"

"OK little Dude we love each other the same. OK?"

"OK Daddy."

So he goes off to school, and I wave to him as he heads into school.

I'm working from home on that day, and I keep looking at the clock. FINALLY!
He's home!

"DADDY! It's time!"

"Dude!"

"Daddy! Let's go!"

I'm already dressed. I already hit the ATM. Oh. I am ready! I start to strap him into his seat.

"DADDY! I want to do it!"

"You got it Buddy." He straps himself in, and does a pretty good job. I make a minor adjustment or two.

"You comfy Dude?"

"Yep."

Suddenly Satan, I mean my lovely wife says - "I'm coming too."

Great. Good times........ yeah that's it. Good times.......... So we get to the Diner and he orders his meal. He and I have an ongoing joke. He always orders Bear Meat, Chicken Lips, and Snake Knees. He and I always laugh at that almost uncontrollably. His mother just rolls her eyes. Anyway he orders for real - grilled cheese and french fries. Satan, and I order and we all eat. L'il Dude and I keep making faces and noises the entire time.

"Lombozo. Will you just grow up?"

"Mommy. Stop yelling at Daddy?"

Oh the stare I got from her..........

"L'il Dude, you want to go miniature golfing now?"

"Lombozo, what's wrong with you? He doesn't want to go...."

"Mommy stop! Daddy let's go!"

So we drop Satan off at home and head to the miniature golf course. We get our clubs and played. It took forever to finish, but man it was awesome. Funny thing. I must need a calculator, because when I tallied up the score he 'won'!

"Daddy. I want to go fishing, and go on a haunted hayride tomorrow. OK?"

"L'il Dude, I have somewhere I need to go."

"PLEEEEEEASE Daddy."

How in the heck do you say 'NO' to someone who is begging to do something I love to do, and is smiling his toothless grin? I can't.

"Allright Dude."

"Daddy. Don't bring your phone, ok?"

My cell phone goes off like every 5 minutes and stuff.

"You have a deal Buddy."

"Promise Daddy?

"Yep. I promise. No phone."

So the next morning we wake up and go fishing. He did great! 3 Sunfish. 1 BIG Catfish, and 1 Bass. Awesome! We ate the lunch I packed. Turkey and cheese hoagies on hot dog buns. Some cheese puffs, and milk. It was chilly, and the foliage was exquisite. Absolutely perfect.

"Daddy, tell me a story."

"What kind of story Buddy?"

"An Iron Man story."

So I tell the story as we finish our lunch on the dock. Yep. Perfect.

"OK, L'il Dude. Wanna go on a hayride?"

"YES!!!!!!"

"So we go to the farm and do our thing. He goes on a pony ride. We run through the corn maze, then go on the hayride. The hayride is a tractor which is pulling a trailer. There is a little hay in it, and it is not covered. Awesome! It takes us through the haunted woods which has ghosts, goblins, skeletons, vampires and spiders at every turn. Awesome! He loves it! He is gripping me pretty tightly though. Eventually (about 20 minutes) the hayride pulls up to the pumpkin patch. They let us out and I say:

"Dude! Pick the biggest one here!"

He did! This thing is massive! So we pick up the pumpkin. He always 'helps' me carry things. We get back on the hayride and head back to the main facility.
There is a band playing in a makeshift barn stage. There are boiled hot dogs, apple cider donuts (which I LOVE), and a bunch of baked pies. We each get a hot dog. I buy half a dozen apple cider donuts, and watch the band for a little bit.

"I love you Daddy."

Oh man.......... Truly perfect.

"I love you too Dude!"

"Can we go and buy some scary stuff?"

"Yep."

We go to the gift shop. It is huge! You can get everything from little wind up eyeballs to hay bales, and everything in between. He picks out a couple things, and it's starting to get dark.

"Time to go home, OK?"

"OK Daddy."

We take our stuff to the car, strap him in, and head home. We get home, put the dinosaur pumpkin on the front porch next to the hay bales. I plug in the lights - we have a huge spider web adorned with orange lights and two light up spiders, plus a couple other lit up things. Cheesey, but awesome none the less.

We go in, get comfy. We read a Halloween book, then put on a Halloween movie (Monster House). He's asleep before the end of the movie.

Yes indeed. The best 2 days ever! Phrophesy realized! Yeah!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
this is what im talking about! this is what its about. past all of the aliens, the money, the government and NWO, past all of the crap in this world... you have found the one this that matters. LOVE. true LOVE. im glad you had a great couple of days with your son.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Totally awesome story!! Too many of us get too wrapped up in our 'lives' to realized that our real lives are where we get real satisfaction! I hope you inspire more to do the same! Regretfully, I missed alot of my daughter growing up due to splitting up with my 'Satan', but the times we did have together are the memories I treasure most!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Evidence that it is the little moments with the little people in our lives that bring us the MOST joy!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading that !! I hope you and your little dude enjoy many more light hearted, fun , satan free days together !! LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"Mommy. Stop yelling at Daddy?" LOL She got

Bet that put a BIG ol smile on your face! I knew you were going to have the best time of your life, and guess what, even better ones are to come!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's always gonna be better! If I could only create a way to travel 1,000 miles in a heartbeat I would be golden!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow, the hayride sounds like a lot of fun! If you don't mind, can you tell me whereabouts they have hayrides and apple cider donuts (OMG yum)?? I'm also in the Philly area and my young'n would have way too much fun at such a place.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

It's called INDIAN ACRES. It's about 15 minutes from across the Betsy Ross Bridge. Absolutely awesome. Nothing super fancy, just a great time. They do a GREAT job.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

You sound just like my husband. He's the BEST DAD EVER!!!!!!

GAWD, I hope he doesn't call me Satan.................

Thanks for such a nice story.

new topics

top topics

join