It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Field of Dinosaur Tracks Found.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Although a lot of stuff on the site was garbage, the dinosaur art section was pretty good unless its a hoax or something, like this picture - www.bible.ca...

From what I can gather, and it is hard to find a non-Christian site talking about these stones at all,

www.stupiddinosaurlies.org...

Hoax #43 is one of the best hoaxes around. These are the infamous Ica stones. Stones that were alleged to depict a lost advanced civilization processing technology beyond time and live dinosaurs and other extinct animals co-existing with humans. The stones, are hands down, a fraud made up by the Peruvian locals starting in the mid-1960's who gathered up stones from a field, engraved the images of dinosaurs, humans, and advanced technology using all sorts of science fiction materials, put them in the chicken coop to make them look old, and sell them to gullible tourists for profit. It was Vicente Paris, a Spanish investigator, who exposed the stones as a fraud after a four year investigation on the authenticity of the rocks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though a small number have been uncovered by archaeologists in pre-Hispanic tombs, the stones showing out-of-place animals or devices are considered to be a modern hoax created by Peruvian farmers.

I cant wait until they get some more pictures up on the new footprint field.

How exciting that they would find some many in one spot. I would love to go see them in person. Its one thing to see pictures, but I will never forget the first time I saw my first dinosaur exhibit with real bones. Having it be so tangible really adds something.

Great thread! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow, it took only the first post to start attacking Christians and lumping them together with Palin. Palin does not speak for Christians for that matter neither does the pope. Christians believe dinosaurs existed, at least all of them I have ever met do.

That being said this is an amazing find. I do though have a question. How is it we have tail drags? I thought they decided years ago that the tail was nothing more than a counter weight and dragging it would damage the skin. That idea makes the most sense to me anyway. Are the drags only a few and short? If so that would still go along with the original theory of the counter weight thing as it might be they just randomly touched the ground.

The OP would have opened better though if they had left Palin and Christianity out of the post, and just stuck with the find. Thanks for pushing an agenda and showing your colors.

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

From this picture I would have a hard time finding a foot print?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I agree, Raist. Lets stay on topic. Don't go on some stupid tangent because the media tells you to. If you want to rant about religion, create your own thread. I'll even give you permission to say bad things about my mom.

Back to The Topic:

Makes you wonder if there are any fossils in the area given how many footprints.

I know they initially stated the site will be closed while they perform their research. But I'd love to see this site if and when it opens to the public. Perhaps they will move these footprints to another Dinosaur museum. That way they won't disappear due to erosion. They can probably move these footprints to St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm in Utah:

St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site

That would another cool site to visit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join