It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear found dumped at WCU with Obama signs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Obama is anti-gun, and therefore anti 2nd amendment. That's treason in some peoples eyes. All signs are pointing at some type of assasination from fellow country men if he makes it into office this election. The bear was shot in the head, and not in the lungs. A head shot is a kill shot to a smaller area of the target, they might be trying to imply they are good shots or skilled marksmen.

Bush liked trashing the first amendment, and democrats and librals pumped thier fists in anger.

If Obama starts trashing the 2nd amendment, all gun owners will pump ther shotguns,bolt actions, and semi-autos, and then fire in anger.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well, you know, it might be a hate crime against Joe Biden.

His name was on the sign, too.

To me the message reads, "We don't care enough for this cub. Do you think that we care this much about you?"

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why did Obama supporters feel they had to kill a bear cub to get their point across? This is just disgusting.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe its a message stating the Obama will properly deal with Russia?

Probably a stretch. As an avid hunter this type of thing sickens me. I hope whoever these poachers are, are found and brought swiftly to justice.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Why did Obama supporters feel they had to kill a bear cub to get their point across? This is just disgusting.

And why do you assume that these animals were "Obama supporters"? Does it fit your specs? Even the authorities don't know who they are. From the source:

"Western Carolina University deplores the inappropriate behavior that led to this troubling incident," said Leila Tvedt, associate vice chancellor "We cannot speculate on the motives of the people involved, nor who those people might be. Campus police are cooperating with authorities to investigate this matter."

But hey man, if you say they are Obama supporters, good enough for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think I was the first to introduce the possibility that this could have been done by Obama supporters. Everyone else jumped on McCain supporters, so I thought I would throw in some balance. Because you are right the perps identities are not known.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

So if the signs had been McCain-Palin signs, you would have immediately thought that McCain/Palin supporters were responsible?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

No, I would have thought that they were planted by Obama supporters.

My rationale is that this attack took place by a college. Unfortunately college kids are not the sharpest tools in the shed these days, hence their overwhelming support for Obama.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

So the signs were left by dumb people pursuing higher education who happen to be Obama supporters that do not mind being linked to a crime?

Yeah, good deduction.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

The only way we will know for sure is when they catch the perps they admit to being McCain supporters.

If they are caught and they admit to supporting Obama we will never know about it because the MSM will not report on that.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
Is this one of the first signs of hate crime against a possible Obama - Biden presidency?

I actually think it's more of a hate crime against bears.

You can't commit a hate crime against a "presidency" anyway. Hate crimes are committed against a person because of a characteristic that they have, some examples being race or sexual orientation.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

My rationale is that this attack took place by a college. Unfortunately college kids are not the sharpest tools in the shed these days, hence their overwhelming support for Obama.

Keep it up RR. This negative tactic is working great.

www.usatoday.com...

I'm beginning to think you are a secret Obama supporter with this negativity; turning thinking people, tired of the smear against the GOP.
Good job!!

Poor Bear!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Who in their right mind would do such a thing? Oh wait, I forgot, we live in the 21st century. People use violence to prove their points instead of intellectual conversations.

And here I thought the "sign fight" in my community was hilarious. At an intersection in my town a McCain sign has been beaten to a pulp. Upon the sign now are hand written signs saying "Biden is a LOSER - he's against free speech!"

I didn't think much about the situation until this morning when on my way to work I saw every Obama sign sliced into two or has gone missing. Now I'm not a supporter of either candidate (I

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here is a CNN news video link on the incident. You may need to copy and past the link in the address area of your browser for it to work.

www.wlos.com...

The officer at the end makes a good comment.

That hopefully they will catch the person or persons who did this and give them the attention they were trying to generate.

A sick act to be sure. An innocent animal, and a message that I as an American, do not tolerate.

Peace

[edit on 21-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Areal51

[edit on 21-10-2008 by RRconservative]

Whatever the heck that is supposed to mean it's not an grounded in fact. A poll held at the University of South Alabama had Obama at25%. That's about a ten point difference between preference polls taken statewide in Alabama.
I'm having problems finding a list of student polls taken by universities but I found one taken by Whitworth University in Washington state. The results had Obama 48% McCain 47% which is still lower than average support for Obama and higher than average support for McCain compared to statewide polls in Washington.

Anyway... I say it means the bear market is dead! Bull it!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

7 SUSPECTS INTERVIEWED,
CALL WCU BEAR INCIDENT
A PRANK, NOT POLITICAL

Tom Johnson, Western Carolina University chief of police, is reporting that as of 4:30 p.m. today (Tuesday, Oct. 21) seven individuals – all of them students at WCU – had been identified as involved in the placement of the body of a dead bear that was found on the WCU campus at about 7:45 a.m. Monday, Oct. 20. Authorities have interviewed most, but not all, of the seven individuals. Based on the information provided by those interviewed, authorities believe that the incident was not some sort of political statement, as had been the subject of speculation due to the fact that campaign signs in support of Barack Obama were found on the bear’s body, but was a prank.

According to interviews conducted so far, some students camping in a forested area off campus stumbled across the body of the bear while searching for firewood late Saturday night, Oct. 18. The students put the bear, which had been shot, in the back of a pick-up truck and continued their camping trip. Those students arrived at a social gathering at The Summit, an off-campus residential complex, on Sunday night, Oct. 19, with the bear in the back of the truck, and struck up a conversation with other individuals about what to do with the animal. One of the students suggested placing it at the base of the Catamount statue at the main entrance of campus. En route to campus, the students took random political signs to put over the bear’s head in an effort to cover the head wound and prevent blood from spilling into the bed of the truck. The students dumped the bear into the center of the roundabout at the entrance to campus at about 2:40 a.m. Monday, and returned to their apartment.

The students told Chief Johnson that their actions were not politically or racially motivated. One of the students involved in the incident is African-American. At this time, no charges have been filed in the incident. Campus law enforcement officers and N.C. Wildlife Resources agents will discuss their findings with the District Attorney’s Office to determine whether charges would be appropriate. The discussion with the DA will not take place until all perpetrators have been interviewed. Johnson notified the State Bureau of Investigation early in the investigation and has briefed the U.S. Secret Service throughout the process of the investigation.

Upon hearing of the findings of the interviews, Western Carolina University Chancellor John W. Bardo issued the following statement: “I am pleased to hear that this situation appears to be a stupid prank. I am disappointed in the extremely poor judgment demonstrated by these young people. I hope that this intolerable incident can serve as a learning moment for them and for others, one that reminds us that we must respect one another’s opinions and we should not jump to conclusions without first having all the facts.”

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think I was the first to introduce the possibility that this could have been done by Obama supporters.

First off, you didn't introduce any "possibility". You flat out blamed Obama supporters by going so far as to already question "why" they did it.

Second, if you would have bothered to read only the first page of the thread, you would have seen jam321 bring up the possibility almost two hours before your response. If you actually believe you were first, and use such ignorance when forming your other beliefs, then maybe it's time to re-examine a few of those as well.

Regardless, I hope whoever did this is caught and punished. As mentioned before, bear cubs are not legal game when it comes to hunting.

[edit on 10/22/08 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Regardless, I hope whoever did this is caught and punished. As mentioned before, bear cubs are not legal game when it comes to hunting.

[edit on 10/22/08 by redmage]

I very rarely buy into an 'eye for an eye' argument but I'd have little problem with the perpetrators being left unarmed in an enclosure with some hungry bears.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm quite disturbed by this

People had to kill a bear to make a point?

Maybe I should wreck an old Ford and hang McCain posters on it...

Stoopid Rednex

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
Our nation is sick.

This pretty much sums it all up.

The world has been telling you this for years, finally the time has come Americans are starting to see how sick their country is.

Who could seriously even think of doing something like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join