It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A split second into the future through Deja vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well I'm about to contradict myself, because I put in my profile dislikes "radical experiences" aaah o well.

I think we have all had deja vu at least once just like I'm sure we have all had a lucid dream before. I am curious about those who had what I call "chronic deja vu" before. Basically regular deja vu, but it last longer, and in your mind you can predict accurate details into the future before you have a chance to tell anyone what can happen. I have had few of these instances.
I try to tell myself that it was all mere coincidence and I have read scientific articles that break down what it is, but WTF, the feeling is overwhelming due to the fact that I would bet my life that I have seen, felt, and experienced it before, just I know it wasn't it this conscious reality.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
deja vu is crazy. i get them often. like one or twice a month or so. i decided to post here because i had one today. it was about me reading something a specific thing on a thread i posted on earlier and while i was reading it hit me. i remember this. the thing was, the "vision" happened over 5 years ago.

the feeling you get when you realize it is undescribable and it feels pretty cool. lol. when i was younger,(in my teens) i had deja vu all the time. usually at least once a week. and when i have them now its usually just something coming to pass that i "visioned" in my teens.

cool thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bean328
the feeling you get when you realize it is undescribable and it feels pretty cool. lol. when i was younger,(in my teens) i had deja vu all the time. usually at least once a week. and when i have them now its usually just something coming to pass that i "visioned" in my teens.

I'm 22 and I know exactly what you mean by in your "teens". I used to get it all the time, and 1 of the most memorable experiences I had with deja vu was when I was 14, but it is just as bizarre that you feel a specific time when it happened, like 3 years ago, or 5 years ago, I usually feel like I can narrow that much down. "chronic deja vu" actually maybe something else see link , but my definition kind of had precognitive experiences thrown in the mix.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i have been getting deja vu since i can remeber, i have found if you think hard and think about sumthing that WILL NEVER HAPPEN and picture it, this becomes a deja vu, dont ask how but it works. must be sumthing that you think will never happen in your life.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have deja vu experiences quite a bit. Lately They have been more intense and I can actually remember full conversations with people before they happen. It scares people when I start reciting what they are going to say before they say it. I posted a topic about this a few month back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
Basically regular deja vu, but it last longer, and in your mind you can predict accurate details into the future before you have a chance to tell anyone what can happen. I have had few of these instances.

Deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So how come some have loads like myself and some have one or two in their life.

Is deja_vu something to do with being psychic ?

I have thought that I get many because my life is on the right path,,I always go with my instincts and let life flow.Some though last a couple of minutes as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I have thought that I get many because my life is on the right path,,I always go with my instincts and let life flow.Some though last a couple of minutes as well.

OMG!, thats so funny you said that, because I too, try to convince myself of the exact same thing. I didn't know there was people out there that thought that way, but yeah, when it happens, I just say, well...this was inevitable..lol

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
there has been some discussion among certain scientific communities that try to explain the fact that we all are precogniscent to one degree or another.
Test have been made where unknowing subjects were seated in a room and as much a 5 second prior to being shown a disturbing image, physical reactions were noticed and recorded.
The theory is that somehow we are either seeing into the future or sending ourselves some future event back into the past.
Either way, really awesome if true.
Deja vu may be instances of this.
Note:
It has also been studied and theorized that the human brain suffers a sort of hiccup and the deja vu sensation is our brain rebooting and catching back up to speed.

For the record...
Deja vu once a month or so.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The ability to see into the future is base upon a belief in predestination. I hope that what you experienced was some kind of coincidence. The idea that I am destined to do what I do with out free will is not very inspiring.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Famedt
The ability to see into the future is base upon a belief in predestination. I hope that what you experienced was some kind of coincidence. The idea that I am destined to do what I do with out free will is not very inspiring.

Yes yes, free will or not, would affect they way we live our lives, althought that is for an entire different thread.
the whole deja vu/precognitive experience thing happends to people in a matter of a flash, or few seconds.

Originally posted by Erasurehead
It scares people when I start reciting what they are going to say before they say it. I posted a topic about this a few month back.

The experience varies for everyone, I've never had it that good, but I have had enough time to recite what someone will say and do in my head before it happens, - this of course happening with deja vu can get you thinking how the hell?...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It sorta makes sense to be on the right path when that happens and inevitable is definatley a good word to use when it happens,,,there was a time I used to think oh wow that was so weird but now I smirk and giggle to myself and I kinda do my giggliing with God.I used to think that God and other spirits in Heaven are like watching a huge tv screen down on everyone alive as they know our moves before we do,so I always think they know once we're had a deja_vu / coincidence.

And at the end of the day we do have free will but whatever path we choose the ones upstairs will always know.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The deja vu sensation is said to be due to the fact that, instead of the brain seeing the image first and then interpretate, it does it the other way around. So basically the interpretation comes before the brain realizes it saw the image.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
teens being middle and high school. im about to be 21. i usually narrow them down because i know what has happened after ive had it. so i remember things that happened after.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

the feeling is overwhelming due to the fact that I would bet my life that I have seen, felt, and experienced it before, just I know it wasn't it this conscious reality.

You have seen everything in your life take place before you entered a human body. Your higher self, soul mind was aware of everything that would happen to you and usually when we have De Ja Vu it is a marking point letting us know that this event was ok and was supposed to happen, that your on the right track, in the right place at the right time. It can be given to us from our own subconscious mind or a guide.

I know the feeling, I have had it many times and for me it feels as if you have been at that place or experienced it before and you get this feeling of you somehow know what is about to happen next. If you tune in carefully usually the message is always clear---that your on the right path and you feel everything is going to be ok whatever the circumstance. Not always but in most cases, for some it can be a warning and usually you get other intuitions along with De Ja Vu when there is danger present but for the majority of De Ju Vu cases or so I hear or was told they are specific marking points or events about to take place in their life, something like passing GO in monopoly.lol

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

i get exactly that

its like when you realize your having de ja vu right in the middle of it, and you can change the outcome of your vision

when that happens i usually stop in place and i say "im supposed to do this now" sometimes i do it sometimes i do the opposite of what i did in my vision/de ja vu

one time i had a de ja vu of me stopping and thinking about what i was supposed to be doing next. it gets pretty complicated

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bean328
deja vu is crazy. i get them often. like one or twice a month or so. i decided to post here because i had one today. it was about me reading something a specific thing on a thread i posted on earlier and while i was reading it hit me. i remember this. the thing was, the "vision" happened over 5 years ago.

cool thread.

I know what you mean about deja vu and posts here.

Just recently (22nd October) I posted in a Sarah Palin abortion thread and mentioned in the last post (sorry, think I killed the thread with this) about ethnic cleansing done by the English back in the 1300s

and now a thread (25th oct) titled French Accuse English of War Crimes
about war crimes from 500 odd years ago.

It's not exactly something that comes up in news items everyday.
So it felt kind of funny.

I had a real sense of deja vu and thought wow what a coincidence.

Then this thread jumped up to most recent threads and I just had to post about it.

I don't know, maybe I'm just drawing a really long bow on that one.
But it felt weird just the same.

Also I have a friend who I've known for about 5 years who swears blind that she knew from kindergarten. We both lived in different states back then but she still insists that we've been friends before.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by Flighty]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It hasn't happened to me in a long time, but in my childhood and teens I used to have very clear and specific dreams. Often I didn't remember the dreams the next morning, but then the deja vu would start and the incident (usually something ridiculously unimportant) would unfold just exactly as I dreamed it.

Once or twice I've had a really intense deja vu where I was experiencing an incident for the 3rd or 4th time, not just the second, and I still wasn't able to change any of it.

For me they have been very weird and sometimes frustrating experiences that I avoid thinking about too much in depth because I don't like the implication that my life is pre-destined.

top topics

join