It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds flying into windows in Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed anything odd about the animals today (10/21)? My dogs were hyper this morning and actually didn't wait for me to let them out to use the bathroom. About an hour ago my mother called me and said that she had a bird fly into the window so hard feathers flew off of it. About 10 mins later she called back saying that 4 more had done the same thing. She does not see any other birds outside even on the feeders....
Anyone have any theories or am I just thinking to hard at 9 am?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by LilithAmara]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This used to happen every year about this time where I last lived. We learned (from the local Audubon Society) that it was due to the birds eating fruit that had over-ripened and had actually begun to ferment on the ground. They were flying drunk and not seeing windows.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
All three of my dogs have kept me up all night....my male cats wouldnt come in and my female and her 2 kittens wont get off my darn toy shelf! My bird spike wont talk to me or anyone else and if you dont tell him good morning or hello when you walk by his cage he goes nuts normally( he hasnt eaten anything either). I live by a river so I normally have ton's of birds out back that I feed in the morning and there is nothing!!!! My frogs are all gone from my pond too...something is up. I thought I was just being paranoid, or over thinking too

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

What area are you in, xoxo? Sometimes animals act strange before an earthquake.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah . . . they do sense stuff like that

Check this out . . .

[edit on 21-10-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well I got earthquake insurance right after the one earlier this year. But an earthquake was my first thought too. Lets hope its just a case of drunken birds though.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Nothing going on around here. I didn't see to many birds when I was outside a few minutes ago. But the dog is no more hyper than usual.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Also, keep in mind it is around a full moon. I know our cats go bonkers around the full moon.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes, in N In we had a bird fly into window of house the other day(died), My wife said two flew into windows at place she works the same week.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What was that truely *awful* film where birds start flying into things because the earth's magnetic field is dissapearing? It sounds very similar.

That was two hours of my life I'll never get back....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This used to happen every year about this time where I last lived. We learned (from the local Audubon Society) that it was due to the birds eating fruit that had over-ripened and had actually begun to ferment on the ground. They were flying drunk and not seeing windows.

Friends do not let avian friends fly drunk.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Your mother must have some very clean windows. In reality, it is odd to have more than one bird strike a window at a time. This is the start of the migration of many species heading south also. Could have been some tired and confused birds or something more ominous. Migratory animals do rely heavily on an"internal compass" if you will. I would imagine that any disruption in the compass would clearly be a detriment.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by jtma508

Friends do not let avian friends fly drunk.

I have seen those birds, cedar waxwings, down in South Carolina fall out of the trees stone cold drunk. First time I saw it I thought they were dead. Quite funny actually. Slowly, one by one , they wake up and stagger off.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asnivor
What was that truely *awful* film where birds start flying into things because the earth's magnetic field is dissapearing? It sounds very similar.

One of the best ever! Love Alfred Hitchcock...

Op I am sorry about what happened to your Mom, that is a horrible thing to have to deal with. I agree with the post about the drunken birds though, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
on an average day i get at least one bird flying into a window at my house , sometimes 2 or more a day. Its been going on since i moved to this house 6 years ago so i dont think its anything special. Just maybe bad eyesight on the birds parts.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i prepared taxes during the first 4 months of the year and this happened with the birds then.

one day after i got to work, i noticed the window had a big chip out of it and that the piece of glass was laying on the sill. i opened the window and picked up the piece of glass and looked at it, then stuck my head out the window and sure enough, right there on the ground was a dead bird.

i didn't think that was too weird at first so i went to my computer and sat down, preparing to start my day. after a few hours of work i heard a bang and then a repeated tapping. i went to the other window and there was a bird attacking the window lol. it was flying into it, backing up and flying into it again, over and over. when it got tired of that it would get on the window sill and peck the glass. the bird did that all day long for 2 or 3 days then i didn't see it anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
We have a Cardinal who shows up to attack our windows every morning. It's always the same windows, same time of day, too. We think he's attacking his reflection or something - he'll land and just tap the window really hard.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My dog is acting normal. My cat woke me up around 4 am meowing like crazy so I put him outside. I do have a Cardinal that keeps smacking into our sun room windows but it has been doing that since summer, everyday all day without fail. I'm surprised it hasn't killed itself yet. I've chalked it up to it seeing it's reflection and thinking it's another male Cardinal and trying to attack it. Starts every morning and it's still doing it now at 4:30 in the afternoon.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
We have a Cardinal who shows up to attack our windows every morning. It's always the same windows, same time of day, too. We think he's attacking his reflection or something - he'll land and just tap the window really hard.

The one here doesn't land and peck at the window. He actually smacks into it, goes back to the bush near it then takes another run at it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asnivor

The core

top topics

join