It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American st. Petersburg Police cutting up poor homeless people's tents, Disgusting!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Starred !

As always, you've written a good post: considered ... and REAL

Thank you

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well speaking as a person who years ago had to live in a tent for a while, I can understand both sides, and I do think this may not be the whole of the story.

We were fortunate enough to camp in a campground, and we worked to pay the rent on our space. Unfortunately, the campground manager began hassling us after a couple weeks because we were still there. We were eventually forced to move by a bad weather/leaky tent combo. By that time, we had saved enough money to live in a crappy motel with kitchenettes.
Good thing that place didn't catch fire when we lived there. I think the only reason it existed was because one of the owners sons was city council member of the town in which it was located. I worked there to offset the rent we had to pay, and oh boy can I tell a few stories about things I saw while we were there.

It did look like those people were near a major overpass, so it was probably a combo of not wanting them to be seen and not wanting them to get hurt, or hurt anybody else. I do know however, from personal experience, people, especially those in a position of relative authority, can be extremely condescending, and more often than not outright rude to persons that they perceive as having gotten themselves into their own mess. They seem to think it must be all your fault and you should just magically pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. Sometimes, it isn't possible, especially in cases of mental or physical illness. We were lucky in that we could work and didn't have any kids at the time, but it still took us about a year to get back on track.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If they were trespassing or committing some other crime and refused to come out when the police called them out cutting up the tent is really no different than the cops sending in a ram to tear down a door or wall of a house where some accused criminal is holed up.

Seeing the homeless congregate like this is a bad thing. They're making themselves relatively comfortable in their circumstances for an extended period of time rather than going out and doing something about their circumstances. I've had bad luck and know plenty of people who were "homeless" but at most it only lasts a month or two. Unless you're one of these career vagrant panhandler types who are on the same corner asking for change year after year after year.... Those types don't want to get out of their situation and quite often become agitated should you offer food or clothing or even work. They want some cash for their drug or whatever so they can pass out and in a few hours do it all over again. Those types should be dumped into the ocean. They dont want to be sober they dont want to be productive they dont want anything but to leach and be blight.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this is the people in power of our country its a top down problem, these "cops" are destructing personal property, of people who cant afford any better shelter than a tent and they cut them up..

If they were loitering or trespassing and the owner wants them removed issue them tickets or remove them don't destroy there property, this is like you getting a speeding ticket and the cop coming up and busting out a tail light or puncturing a tire on your car.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere Those types should be dumped into the ocean. They dont want to be sober they dont want to be productive they dont want anything but to leach and be blight.

You might be interested in the following quotes from a CBC piece:

More than half of the people who are homeless in Toronto are suffering from a traumatic brain injury, according to a new study that suggests early diagnosis and treatment may help stem the number of homeless people in major cities.

and follows:

What's more significant, 70 per cent of the people had the injury before they ended up on the street, said Hwang.
www.cbc.ca...

Are you quite sure you're ready to dispose of them like an Argentinian death squad? Mental and neurological health issues are no longer a capital crime...been that way for a few centuries now.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, I'm certainly not ready to support them. If the only other option in Argentine death squad so be it. Shame they don't have family willing to help but thats life.

I got to see a little girl stabbed to death by one of these mental patients who was out on a day pass from the hospital all of us tax payers were funding. Not 20 minutes after he got off the bus he stole an xacto knife from a hobby shop and stabbed the little girl over and over and over. I was only about 8 so I wasnt about to get between a mental patient with his knife and the victim.

The more I think about it the more an Argentinian death squad sounds like the best solution for everybody. Itll keep crime low and vagrants off the street and save money to boot.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Well, I'm certainly not ready to support them. If the only other option in Argentine death squad so be it. Shame they don't have family willing to help but thats life.

Certainly a shame that you were so traumatised as a child. I hope you aren't ever put into a crisis of faith in your belief by having somebody administer your brand of justice to anybody close to you...or perhaps yourself? People don't sign up for mental illness.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know, when the SHTF, when it really does, those same cops will pay dearly because our troops will storm their homes and give them a beating without asking what their profession is.
Are they too stupid to realize that they are simply just hired guns and whatever happens will affect them and their families TOO???

Right now the Black outfits, and riot NAZI gear looks very appealing. Wait when things really get tough- they will suffer like the rest of us or worse.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What an excellent point. While I don't have any statistics to quote, I lived in Savannah GA for a couple years and I recall the numbers being similar. Many of those guys were out of the street when the mental hospital closed and they had no where to go.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As we sit here piously in our homes with telephones, refrigerators and internet, these are the throw away people, and either you are with them or against them mentality huh?

This is how it will change or continue to grow. People wake up, this could be you and your family, those tents could have been your only hope for a shred of dignity.

Compassion has never harmed anyone but complacency, is how this could happen to the homeless. NAZI style takeover in our own back yard and people fear that if they speak out or even identify, that it could happen to the as well. Turn your heads, don't look, it has nothing to do with you.

Where will they go? Wandering this country looking for shelter, my God this is a third world country in the making.

Cutting their homes, cutting their dignity, cutting their only hope for humanity. Is this why all the FEMA camps were created? In the near future we will all be wrangled up and sent to the work camps. Children will be taken to orphanages, animals will be put down.

If they can do this as ordered, if they can justify destroying these peoples homes, then they can also go into neighborhoods and follow orders to shoot to kill, no questions asked. The police are being manipulated, controlled, conditioned, desensitized, hypnotized. They are selling their souls to become part of a machine, rather than fear for becoming that which they will obey and destroy.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey we (majority of Americans) put a NUTJOB in the white house, send the rest of them there too.

Really my wife works with mental challenged people, most of witch could not even survive on the streats a day, they dont even have the logic to seek shelter.. , very low functioning.. these homeless people are dealing with there situation, and we the rich people are hiring thugs in our name to go cut up there shelter..

How would you like it if the ultra rich just rolled up on your home one morning and bulldozed it ... ?

Oh Yeah that happens too.. eminent domain.

If you dont like homelss people donate to charities that take them in and make functioning contributing citizens, even the ultra low functioning clients my wife works with are helping the community , they do simple boaring work for cents a hour, but they like it its there family, there life.

If you want to see these people off the street help them in some way ot let them live there lives.

If you want to do what you want you have to let others do as they want, that's the way freedom works other wise your being very hypocritical.

I know people that work full time and can barely afford a apartment. If they get sick for a week, or somthing interupts there work there on the streets in no time. a majority of families in the USA are 3 weeks from being 100% broke. Don't get to high on your horse, it could be you in a tent next month, especially with this economy.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

so , what do you think the homeless will dumped in fema camps

HERE IS WHAT THE FUTURE OF USA SEEMS LIKE:

Fail to pay your bills, down on your luck = Instant death sentance.

Behind on your taxes = Instant death sentance.

Disabled and unable to work = Instant death sentance.

Old and decrepit = Instant death sentance.

Mentally ill, gypsy or weak = Instant death sentance.

Burden to the state = Instant death sentance.
-----
DISGUSTING!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't know where I was in October. Saw this vid linked to in a different post.
Think I would have been better off having not ever seen it. 'More comfortable,' is probably the phrase I was looking for.

Thanks for posting this a long time ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join