It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians reject McCain cash plea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Russians reject McCain cash plea

news.bbc.co.uk

The Russian mission to the UN in New York says it has turned down a request from John McCain to help fund his presidential campaign.

Ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin and others received standard mail-outs asking them to help "stop the Democrats from seizing control of Washington".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
and the most beautiful part of this?

US presidential candidates are legally barred from accepting foreign donations.

Spokesmen for the McCain campaign and the mission accepted the letters were "a computer error".

Oh of course, of course, we completely believe that your letter was actually aimed at China. Computer error, eh?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is hillarious.

And to Mr. Rogers who claims quite rightly: ""it sounds like they're having a little fun at our expense"."

So am I. Call me what you will, I do however believe this is a mistake. Nevertheless a hearty laugh is what I needed this early in the day.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I just can't believe what a bunch of obviously lying bastards they are. You can't just send a letter saying:

"I am proud to stand with our Republican candidates as the Obama Democrats and their wealthy liberal backers focus their attacks squarely on defeating Republicans and gaining control of our government.

"I want to do all I can to help stop the Democrats from seizing control of Washington and implementing their radically liberal policy for our nation."

And then claim it was a "computer error". Why doesn't anyone stand up and just tell him we know he's lying?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Do you think that Russia might be a little bitter knowing McCain's ties to Georgia? Considering the fact that his top foreign policy adviser took in almost a million dollars from the government of Georgia and McCain was very vocal in criticizing Russia in the aftermath of that conflict, I am not at all surprised that Russia would snub him.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I don't believe that it was a mistake either. I am sure they have loopholes to allow for this type of investment to occur. It isn't like McCain really cares about campaign finance laws.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think they went public with it to prove a point. Otherwise they would have politely ignored it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

The letter in itself was not a computer error, it being sent to Russia is. Could be of course because even a total moron could know Russia will not be buddies with McCain.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
WTF Politicians these days are actually beyond retarded, not just publicly but actually in their internal affairs as well.
What the ish was he possibly thinking sending such a request to RUSSIA of all places? Computer error my a$$!
This cracks me up, what's next? I mean really McCain is just outdoing himself.

new topics

top topics

join