It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty much super afraid right now.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

This is the "NORMAL" first stage of enlightenment. You've heard that ignorance is bliss right? Now you know why!
If you don't ignore the facts of what is happening around you, then it is easy to see how your fear is not irrational. Just give it time. Your fear will eventually give way to action, that is, if you want to survive. Its not a theory anymore...things are getting worse everyday. I mean, in a way its refreshing to see that there is actually going to be a price paid for all the delusion that surrounds us, and the way we live.
I started feeling better as soon as I started to DO something. I went to a local warehouse super market, and it started with buying a 50lb bag of pinto beans, and a 50lb bag of rice. It was like $35. I've added to that since then, but I'm NOT going to stockpile YEARS worth of food. I'm NOT planning anything either. I just got enough food to buy me and my girlfriend (who, by the way, doesn't believe anything will happen and thinks I'm a NUT!) a little time to choose a path out of the mess if worse comes to worser.... We could probably survive for two or three months on what I have. I got 100 gallons of water delivered to me for $100, 20 5 gallon containers. I bought several books on edible wild plants, a survival knife, seeds, I have a "BUG OUT" backpack which has all the basics for us in case of a sudden upheaval. I've been reading a bit here and there on survival sites. The fear is gone. I agree that inwardly what we really fear is DEATH, which is silly, we are all going there. Let go of your fear of that, and you have conquered almost ALL fear in life. I have also come to terms with the limited amount of control I really have...I'm not RAMBO...and I don't care. I will fight to the end even if I end up defeated.
I'm hoping we'll squeak through this MESS without ever having to break open the beans & rice, but it's there if we need it.
See what happens if you STOP reading all the doom & gloom...Your attitude would probably change. Me, I just keep coming back for more bad news, but I'm not bothered anymore. I have accepted that the current trend may end up much, much worse than what blind optimism would have us believe. I welcome the change. Things can not go on forever the way they are...it HAS to change. It may get worse before it gets better...it may not even get better. But I'm with the person I love most in life, and whatever happens, we will walk through that together...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i personally have been doing some very serious praying. i was unemployed for over a month, and right after i prayed about it BOOM igot a job. you can ALWAYS rely on god.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First of all do not panic. Construct yourselves a modest bomb shelter/survival chamber and stock it with enough supplies to last a couple of years. Be sure to arm yourselves and above all keep the shelter locked from the inside. Keep yourselves strong though a regimen of physical excersise and don't let your mind become weak. Stock enough literature and "entertainment" as you can. Before you know it the worst of the crisis will be over and you can emerge from your shelter and shoot mutants.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hi and i can feel for you. What you can do is retrain yourself to be able to live with the world and not just on it. Sounds like bable but if you can servive with out power, shopping malls and so on you will be fine. Do not do what everybody else is doing. Do not be a sheep. It will not be easy but anything that is good for you is hard to do. Not sure why but just seems that way.
Good Luck.
Cheers.
Kitos

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

By the way i feel for ya chacketa. The us is in a wierd place but death is always around the corner also, and compaired to that going back to our rutes as animals not confused by laws and social structure would probly be good for us. I mean do the strong really surve now with the world as is. And what about the weak, the one that pull us down. Equal oportunity is a great idea but its not realistic. but hey have faith in your hopes and follow your dreams. No resson to be afraid of some money being lost.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Get off your butt and get a job.
Then you won't have to "convince" your parents of anything.
You aren't a child. Most of the people who ever lived on this planet have been born to people younger than you.
Grow up. Then you won't be so terrified. Because you won't have so much time to waste in such self-indulgence.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have two suggestions for ya.

#1: Get a job or make your own job! Even if its a crap fastfood job. Whatever... Every paycheck is a chance to stock up and prepare. Its only too late if the poop has hit the fan!

#2: Get a boyfriend with a "guns are good", survivalist mindset. Go camping as much as you can.....learn EVERYTHING you can.

If nothing pans out and life does just go on....You will find yourself with income and a mate. It's a win win scenario.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It sounds like you are willing to give up the battle before you have fought a single battle.

Stop and take a real deep breath and go for a walk. I mean this. Go for a walk.

Look around you and erase everything that is man made from your mind. Look at what the world really is supposed to look like. Look at the animals and what they are doing. We have everything that we need to survive all around us. Unless the area that we you live in is hit with a nuclear or biological weapon there is absolutely no reason why you and everyone in your community can not survive. The stronger your community unit and more committed the members are the better the experience will be.

Like a child that would rather go to bed hungry before eating his vegetables; with time and patience, hunger wins out.

We too have been spoiled by what we think are the nicer things in life because Satan lied to us and we believed. We think that food that is poisoned and served to us old and tainted is better than the meat, fish or fowl that God presents to us fresh. We have think that the grains, berries and plants that God lays at our feet are not as good and those that have been contaminated, shipped and stored that we have to work to obtain.

We are all starving and it is time for us to go home. Back to how we were meant to live. Like humans not insects.

We are like grapefruits. A unique and single individual segment of pulp trapped in the casing with numerous other segments of pulp. Our segment is encased in a group with numerous other segments. These segments are encased in a thick cushion that holds us altogether and further encased in a top layer of skin. We are unique, individual and different yet part of a multiple of wholes. There are a too many factors that can influence the survival of all or part of the fruit but one thing is sure. Close proximity to pulp that is rotten will eventually destroy the whole fruit.

You are accepting that you are powerless and you are wrong. Your only weakness at this point is your lack of understanding of how to be one with your segment and one with the planet. This is easily learned. Just start Googling.

PS: You can store up for the short of it but sooner all later all stores will run out. Save for the short of it but prepare for the long haul. Start clicking

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Get off your butt and get a job...Grow up. Then you won't be so terrified. Because you won't have so much time to waste in such self-indulgence.

As harsh and as preachy as it sounds, I whole heartedly agree. There is no reason whatsoever that you cannot be independant and stop depending on others for your comfort/survival. This is a huge problem in america, of adults acting like children and living off the backs of thier parents, when the parents have put in so many years of taking care of them. Time to leave the nest, dispite anything that might pop up in your mind of why not to, go, get a job.

To be independant, and not having to be a dependant is a defining factor in survival. Only the strong survive. The codependant and lazy people are the weakest of us all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join