It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looks like Michelle didn't take the children

They all went in August. I doubt their great-grandmother is looking real great.

In my mother's last days, she was scary looking. Practically unrecognizable. I would totally understand if they didn't want to take the kids. Especially since they just saw her 2 months ago.

Besides, is there something wrong with not taking the kids?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Oh, poppy cock. Not everything said against Mr. Obama is based on race. Some certainly, but not even remotely is it the majority. I have issues with many of the Obama platform items, not least of which is his tax proposals, but that's neither here nor there.

Racism? Nonsense. I may not agree with the attacks on Mr. Obama herein, and I don't. But neither is it rascism as you seem to imply.

You contradict yourself in this post. In one sentence you say "some certainly" and then later say "Racism? Nonsense".

You also bring up his "tax proposals" as a problem you have with his view. So do you think it's better to borrow and spend as opposed to tax and spend?

I have not decided who I will vote for POTUS, I would like to see the Constitution restored and neither candidate seems to put this issue in the top 5 concerns.

Racism is neither poppycock or nonsense and to think its not relevant when considering Obamas run for office is kind of like putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalalal".

There is real anger out there against the idea of a black man ruling over all of us white people. It's real I've been face to face with it!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am well aware of the fact that there is racism out in the world. Thanks, though. My comments are geared towards those who seem to see any disagreement with Mr. Obama's platform as only racist. That is the "poppycock" I refered to. My disagreements with certain issues is rooted on simple disagreement, not the fact he's black. That particular issue is meaningless to me, I flat don't care. You may believe me, or not, as you choose.

I have several freinds who make considerably more than 250,000 dollars a year, why should they have to bear anymore tax burden than they already do? As far as borrowing...hell no. What I'd like to see is a bit less in the way of spending. Spending matching what's coming in? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Fiscal conservative, social liberal, to a point. That's me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I respect your view on the 250,000 tax increase part of Obamas plan. And discussing these types of topics when debating candidates is fine also.

I draw the line when it devolves into attacks on some ones motives for visiting their dying relative, no matter what their position in the world is.

Some on this thread suggested Obama would "off" his relatives if they became a detraction from his campaign. Wrong grandmother and simply disgusting.

How can you make this assumption not having ever met this individual?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have to admit, I thought the same thing though.

I guess in the end, I don't trust any politicians, I would never want to control so many people, it's just... I can't see a human being that wants this kind of power, actually at heart really being a decent and honest human being.

I think, I am more afraid of a person, who can stand up and be vetted and, never did anything wrong?

It kind of screams of corruption and bodies to me lol

I like when I see human flaws, it lets me know the person didn't "cover their trail" along the way.

President of The USA, control of 300 + Million Human beings, the largest Military in the world including close to 8,000 Nukes, in charge of Trillions of Dollars...

I don't know

I'd rather hang out with my kids and under achieve

The kind of motivation it must take... I suppose it's possible, that some people would want that job purely for the sake of doing good for the world

But then I as myself what kind of an enormous Ego thinks they are The One to do that job?

So when a guy above asks would he kill his Grandma...

It's kind of hard for me to say for sure, that inside any of these guys wouldn't be the type to do such a thing, particularly if there is proof of not being a citizen involved

(would that be the correct grandma involved)

No accusation,

Just saying,

I'll never be President, I'm a really nice guy... I screw up, I don't control my every move, lots of people have enough dirt on me... not to ruin me... but for sure I wouldn't get elected, I sometimes let my temper fly, I say crazy things once in awhile, People have seen me Inhale...

I'd like to be President, but I lack that motivation to... wear a face, every day of my life and I don't keep secrets from my friends and I am not enough of a manipulator or controller to do it the way these guys do their lives

and Can you trust people who are like that... yeah, maybe Mother Theresa... but she never ran for office did she?

I don't know

Just saying, the timing... would the guy visit Grandma just to look good and maybe not even care about her

It' possible he's a politician

Zero Obama comment in this... McCain would dig up his Grandmas grave imho just to get her vote
, he's falling that far behind in the polls

I just don't trust the intentions of anyone who seeks this kind of power, not when it's nice outside and you could be going fishing with your kids and getting some sun.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've no such assertion. I think he should visit his grandmother. Accusations of the sort you mentioned belong no where save in a garbage heap. I would like to know where you think I would advocate anything of the sort?

We seem to be on two different channels here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I should have typed "how can 'anyone' make assumptions like he would kill his relatives if they became a detraction from his run for office".

Not directed at you seagull.

Seems the attacks in this thread have stoped. Am I the thread killer here?

Spelling

[edit on 10/27/2008 by infinityoreilly]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I have different conspiracy theory on this gleaned from another thread. My theory is that Obama is personally going to oversee the indoctrination (reprogamming) of his grandmother so that she no longer says he was born in Kenya, and thus ineligible to run for president.

Now that she is dead, members ofATS can scroll back in these threads and see that some people are heartless schmucks.

R.I.P. Madelyn Dunham

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
im sure this thread will be closed to, but yea. I think its good for threads to stay open so they can see posts from the past. some posts in this thread show that people will put conspiracy above logic sometimes. and it makes them look disgusting

RIP

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
some posts in this thread show that people will put conspiracy above logic sometimes.

Screw logic... it's human heart that went missing in some posters...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

perhaps i should of used compassion

that works better

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Let me say, that while I personally can not stand Obama for his policies and views, I do feel for his loss today. What could be a great time for him will be forever shrouded in sadness and grief for him and his family.

May she rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hadn't posted in my thread in a while, so I just wanted to close the loose stringe. In my OP I stated that leaving his campaign trail could possible hurt his efforts, and obviously..I was wrong!

And I am never afraid to admit when I am!

I only hope that the people who had hateful things to say can at least in their own minds do the same. Even tho Obama wasn't my main guy, I have never thought he was not a compassionate humane being.

I wish all of us the best for the next 4 years, and its my hope and prayer that whatever happens we can come together as a Nation to solve our problems despite any differences we have between us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join