It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yeah, no doubt to make sure she now had her Kenya story line "straight".

Can you read? It's a different grandmother! Jesus!

Originally posted by redhatty
When my dad took the turn for the worse, I told my job the same day that I was going on emergency leave/time off - flew out that night and I stayed for a week, literally on the death watch.

I've been there. And I'm not going to judge anyone for their decisions around such a personal matter. I did not judge my brother who decided to work the rest of the week and was too late for my mother's death. I did not judge my sister, who lived NEXT DOOR to my mother - for not coming over the night of her death to see her before she went.

If there's one thing I learned in experiencing my mother's death, it's not to be judgmental of people around it. Because each person handles it differently and some people can handle being right there beside the bed and some can't.

I simply refuse to make a judgment about someone else going through what turned out the be the most difficult thing in my life.

I see that's not a problem for some...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by centurion1211
Yeah, no doubt to make sure she now had her Kenya story line "straight".

Can you read? It's a different grandmother! Jesus!

Sure. But in my conspiracy theory, Obama's whole family is in on it. Or will be once they get to all of them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
If my grandmother was so sick that she "took a turn for the worse" I wouldn't wait 4 days to go see her. I certainly wouldn't announce 4 days early that I was going to stop everything and go see her in 4 more days.

Well it just so happens that I'm in the same situation with my surviving grandmother (the other one passed away a while ago). Even though things "took a turn for the worse", they weren't critical yet according to medical staff. So I did pay a visit, and I'm glad I did, however it was not on the moment's notice (also considering I had to go overseas).

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by sos37
Remember she did tell the media a week or so ago that Obama was in fact born in Kenya, not Hawaii (www.israelnationalnews.com...).

2. That was his Kenyan grandmother! This story is about his American grandmother! Two different people!

Fine, point taken. You've proven the white grandmother isn't the one who said he was born in Kenya, so the conspiracy theory to have her off'ed is null and void. I was wrong and I admit that. It was a lack of sufficient researching on my part.

But I will make no apologies to anyone. If the two had been the same, I believe Obama is capable of giving the order to have a family member silenced to secure his own future or his kids' future. His children are the only ones I can't see him ever hurting.

The theory about his suspending the campaign to go and "tend to his ailing grandmother" being a load of bunk is still valid, just as the lot of you scoffed at McCain for suspending his campaign for addressing the economic crisis.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In my eyes .. this is a publicity stunt. If McCain where to do something like this, the dems would be creating stories that McCain is admitting defeat or something.

Perhaps Obama is going to say "Thanks Gma for covering up that im not a real full blooded american, that oculd have gone sour."

I dont care what you bums say, Obama is NOT telling the truth, hes a liar and everyone knows it.

Come Nov 4th Mark my words this country will be sorry if they elect Obama

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The latest from Andy Martin:

BARACK OBAMA IS NOT BARACK OBAMA

“OBAMA’S FATHER WAS FRANK MARSHALL DAVIS. OBAMA IS REALLY FRANK MARSHALL DAVIS, JR.,” SAYS ANDY MARTIN

OBAMA’S ‘DREAMS FROM [HIS] FATHER] WAS REALLY A BOOK ABOUT HIS REAL FATHER, FRANK MARSHALL DAVIS

contrariancommentary.wordpress.com...

When I first read Martin's article I felt sorry for barry or whatever his name is. After sleeping on it I decided who does he think he is to lie to America like that? When you run for POTUS, stuff like that is important. I would have liked him if he had been honest but Noooo he's gotta be a sneak and try to pull one over on us. Does he think we're stupid? Yes he does
Did he even write the book about his father? Why would he Lie and decieve so many by saying said it was about himself?! That's a big whopper to pull on people, even though I doubt it's illegal it sure says a lot about whats his name. I see a person who disrespects the American people in almost every way.
Wheather he is a citizen or not which Still Needs to be Proven cuz even this too could be a fabrication. He is rich and powerful enough to have found out by now and should have; for goodness sake, the last I heard he literally has 5,000 lawyers!
his disrespect for the American People is despicable

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I believe Obama is capable of giving the order to have a family member silenced to secure his own future or his kids' future.

While I cannot comprehend what has transpired to form your opinion of this man, you have a right to your opinion and a right to voice it. Your opinion is definitely valid. I totally disagree and I don't understand it, but I respect your rights.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am not an Obama supporter, but c'mon. This is his grandmother...a woman who helped raise him.

I'd be more concerned if he didn't go visit her when she is ill.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As you have TRIED to tell these idiots, ITS NOT HIS KENYAN GRANDMOTHER YOU MORONS! Also, keep saying he's having her killed to keep her slinet, just shows how stupid you are.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As you have TRIED to tell these idiots, ITS NOT HIS KENYAN GRANDMOTHER YOU MORONS! Also, keep saying he's having her killed to keep her slinet, just shows how stupid you are.

Uh, you might want to read up 5 posts. This was already resolved back then. Rather than call you stupid for making the same mistake I did in this thread (by not reading carefully enough before I posted), I'll just remind you to read before you post.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

And after that post, after she has told you people more than once, you still say Kenyan Grandmother and he's killing her to keep her silent. Good job. centurion1211 being one of them saying Obama is going to kill all of his family to keep them silent because they are part of a conspiracy.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by GamerGal]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

grandmother says he was born in Kenya...maybe she has outlasted her usefulness....just a sick thought...

maybe they got tim russert too...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1smartwoman

ITS THE OTHER GRANDMOTHER!!! How many times do we have to scream this before you people get it?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The level of hate expressed in some of the posts on this thread is obscene and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just a question about this. Does anyone know if the rest of his family, i.e. Michelle and kids were with him?

If they were, this could be legit. But if not, there is something wrong with this story of her being ill. Why wouldnt he take the whole family down to see her if she is in fact dying? I havent read anywhere about everyone being down there, but I did hear on Tuesday about a campaign stop for Michelle today, so Im curious.

Sadly, I hope he is lying. Not for political reasons, but no one should have to end their life with a long drawn out illness.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
Just a question about this. Does anyone know if the rest of his family, i.e. Michelle and kids were with him?

No, they are here. Michelle is speaking in Ohio today.

His grandmother has been ill since at least March. The whole family went to Hawaii in August and visited with her. Believe whatever you like.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
the rest of his family, i.e. Michelle and kids

Looks like Michelle didn't take the children to see their typical white great-grandmother ... uh .. I mean great-grandma ... during this time of illness and possible upcoming death* (*possible upcoming death - according to the obama camp).

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

...and your point is? Maybe they don't want the little girls to remember Grandma as that sick little old lady, maybe they want them to remember her as she was when last they saw her...reasonably healthy, and up and about.

There could be any number of reasons, and it's really none of our business, period. This has absolutely nothing to do with an issue pertaining to how Mr. Obama will do in the White House.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see fear in some of the posts against Obama in this thread.

Recent discussion at my work by coworkers that was over heard by a third coworker who related it to me. I then asked one of the original people involved in the discussion whether it was accurate what I was told, and he confirmed it.

Mexican emigrant(22 years old) : Do you think Obama will win the election?

White "native" (27 years old) : God I hope not!

Mexican emigrant : Why don't you like Obama.

White "native" : (silence)

Racism is alive and well in the USA!

I believe, this of coarse is my personal opinion, that there's a real fear by "racists" that if Obama is elected and then goes on to be one of the better presidents in recent history that those who harbor the idea that someone who's black, or in this case half black, is less than those who are white, it will shatter their identity.

InfinityO'Reilly

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh, poppy cock. Not everything said against Mr. Obama is based on race. Some certainly, but not even remotely is it the majority. I have issues with many of the Obama platform items, not least of which is his tax proposals, but that's neither here nor there.

Racism? Nonsense. I may not agree with the attacks on Mr. Obama herein, and I don't. But neither is it rascism as you seem to imply.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join