It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Economic Stimulus for the US???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was perusing the internet a second ago and found the following article on CNN.com

money.cnn.com...

Makes me wonder what's going on. I know we had the one before - I didn't mind getting free money from the government, but come on... we just dropped 700Billion didnt we? What next?

An update at about 802 pm Korea time:

This makes me wonder what will happen now.

edition.cnn.com...

The world markets are rising in anticipation of the possible 2nd stimulus. Wonder if that will lend weight to it actually happening?

And here's another tidbit: France injected a ton of money into their banks. What is going on in the world? Are we going to be able to nose out of this dive we're in or are we all just throwing money away?

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by mf_luder]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by mf_luder]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, since their money comes from the trees in the Fed's backyard, may just as well toss in a few more dollars.... What's a bit more debt? Or.... In my opinion, the 2nd straight day that the markets have increased... maybe their first attempt to crash the system didn't work.... pretty bogus if you ask me!!!!

Guess we'll see huh?

Starred and flagged....

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
they print more money, give it to Joe 6 Pack so he isn't as upset about all the money going to the banks, and inflation rises because of more money in the system, the dollar is worth less, so you can't buy as much, and in the end, it will be J6P's fault that the dollar is in decline. At least that's what they will try to tell us LOL

At this point we have to see if the Treasury, Fed and markets make it until congress reconvenes in November.

At least if they rush a stimulus, some people will have some money to spend for that Big consumer party known as christmas.

Or maybe a quick payment on that inflated mortgage note.

Or probably beer and cigs

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I hope they do, I could use the money! Times are tough right now, if they can send billions to theifs and no goods on wall street and banks, why not me? I am not even a criminal, so they should send me even more.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well the banks and Wall Street have lost billions of Americians money and just consider it a down payment on what they owe us.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
if they did it i think it's sort of an empty gesture.

i'm not sure that the average person is even aware how money works, especially when it means that creating more out of thin air and pumping it into the system causes things to get worse.

it's either that or in the desperation they simply don't care because of the quick fix of being able to pay that little extra on their bills. i can feel for everyone wanting something like that though. times are indeed tough and money is definitely tight but i'm not sure another stimulus is what we really need.

maybe they're trying to get that last minute bit of stuff paid off for the people that are almost caught up so that when the dollar completely dies, those people won't have quite as much personal debt. i wish i had more to offer on this

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hey, we'd all love some money. Who doesn't like money??!?!

I don't want another stimulus package. I want our government spending under control. This is just pouring more gasoline on the fire.

There are going to be people out there...that instead of paying bills or debt...they'll say F it an go buy a damn tv or xbox. WHY?!!?!

This just keeps people on the same path they are on. We need to straighten our acts out.

I'm not rich by any means btw...i barely scratch by and i live check to check. The last 2 stimulus packages didn't do much...why do it again and blow more money?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Exactly man. I'm in the Army and fighting to make debt and stuff - while free gov't money would be great, there has to be an end to the throwing money at the problem solution somewhere, right?

We need action.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
HYPERINFLATION!!!

Yep were well on the way to wheelbarrows full of cash to pay for bread.. this money doesn't come from no where.... well it does and they why hyperinflation is coming.

Tip: pay of any debt with this money , then if you have some left , buy food and supplies for a rainy day.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I certainly hope we never get to that level.... wheelbarrows full of dollars...

But what can be done? How do we fix this?

Throwing money at it can't be THE solution.

top topics

join