It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did I only have sleep paralysis in this specific house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
When I was 16 (Im 19 now), my father had a girlfriend named Tanya. And we used to visit and sleep over her house sometimes. I had my own room that I would sleep in each time. And at this one particular house/room, I had several experiences that I have never had anywhere else. My first one was sleep paralysis. One night after I had fallen asleep, I woke up in the middle of the night out of the blue which is something I rarely do because Im a heavy sleeper. And something woke me up, the whole room felt like it was shaking and I couldnt move my body. My eyes were open but the room was pitch black so I couldnt see. Everything was shaking, the room, the bed, everything. It wasnt an earthquake because we dont have them out here. And then after awhile, it stopped and I instantly feel asleep like nothing happened. Then another time I was over there, I was sleeping one night and I had a dream where this girl started singing "1, 2, freddy's coming for you" and in the dream Freddy Kreuger appeared under my bed covers by my legs. I tried to crawl from under the covers, but he clawed my back and then I woke up instantly feeling physical pain in my back, it felt like my back was stinging. That # tripped me out. I nolonger go to this house, but why did I always have crazy # happened to be over there? Im a person who RARELY has nightmares.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by shortydeemac]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with age or stuff you see recently. Things you've watched and stick in your head. I get those sometimes however, not often. But when I do, It's a sensation where I'm free falling.....I can't move and my vision starts to go black, sometimes even a pulsating of random color. Then I've had others that were more freaky, and they used to shake me up pretty bad. I'm used to them by now, every time I find myself having one, I force myself out of it, tell myself to calm down and wake up. The mind works in mysterious ways........as for the house, I don't think the house has any significance in sleep paralysis.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That house needed to be checked for radon gas. Not only can that chemical be deadly, it can also cause hallucinatory sleep paralysis. It's also been linked to hauntings and other paranormal activity due to the affect it can have on the mind.

join