It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Audio Set-up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok I'm a car audio junkie and I'm curious to see (and/or hear if you want to post a video) what you people have in your automobiles. It would make more sense if you're posting about an aftermarket system, or at least a couple aftermarket speakers or something like that. If you want to boast about your stock setup, though, be my guest...

I'm currently working on the sound system in my own car but its still in the moderate stages. The head unit and mids and tweeters in my car are completely factory, but its some kind of hifi factory set so it sounds really good.
In my trunk I have two 12" Polk Audio db124's in a wedge pro box. They're facing downward and my buddy made a new floor for my trunk so it doesn't flap around like the old one did. The subs are being powered by only a 220 watt verge mono amp. It's not a whole lot of power but these babies sure do pound...
I'll try to add some pictures within a few days.

So go ahead and post about your system or if you have advice for anyone it would be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by louiekid333]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All right it took a little longer than expected to get the pictures but here's a couple...Not much I realize, but hey, what do you expect out of a seventeen year old kid?

[edit on 29-10-2008 by louiekid333]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My system is only in the beginning stages, money is really tight right now.

I have two Sony 6x9 Xplode speakers in the rear windshield compartment. I have no tweeters, and no mids. My stereo is a lowgrade system.

Im working on getting a stereo. One that puts out over 220wts. Also trying to get two 5x5's to go in the doors, no prospects on tweeters. I also want two 12's to put in the trunk, might get those before anything else as I have a guy who wants to cut me a deal on his.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gehennasoul

Good luck with that. I don't know about anyone else, but I much more enjoy driving my car when I have a nice system to listen to.

BTW: Are my pictures showing up on anyone else's computer? Because they're not on mine...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree. No your pics don't show for me.

Any idea on tweeters? The two 12's im getting are Pioneer. Im not extremely knowledgable on systems.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Pioneer whats? My buddy that made the floor of my trunk has 2 10" Pioneer somethings(I'd have to ask him and see what they are) in a really nice bandpass pro box and they're a little louder with mine...

And as far as tweeters go, that depends on what type of music you listen to. They produce higher frequency sounds, so if you're listening to, say, techno, yeah, you'd want tweeters. Otherwise, they're not extremely necessary.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I listen to a little bit of techno, but mostly new age metal stuff. I want an all around system that play everything though. Figure with tweaking I can get something decent that does most of it.

Im not sure what pioneers he has, havnt looked into it much since I don't have the money just yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Couple questions:
How much (approx) is he wanting for the pioneers?
Is he providing a box with them?
Is he providing an amp with them?

Just curious

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He said $50 for both 12's with box and 50 for the amp. Can't remember exactly what the amp wattage was though.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok that's probably a pretty good deal.
Mine were $120 for the subs in the box, $50 for the amp, and installation free. Not bad, considering the subs themselves would be worth around a hundred each, new.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah he's a friend of a friend kinda.

I have a feeling thats what its going to take. What kind of amp do you think would be good?

I take in other people's opinions alot.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
depends on the brand and RMS wattage...
Do you know what amp he's offering to sell to you?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Im not sure, he lives a town over from me so I havnt been able to talk to him more than once about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok well keep me updated on the process if you go through with it. I'd like to know what you get...and what he's got if you find out.(I'm assuming he has a nice system if he's selling stuff to you)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He does. He's got 3 cars. A caprice, Toyota Camry, and a Firebird. The caprice is by far the best system. Im not sure what all he has in it anymore as he said he was going to change it up, hence selling some of his stuff to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
oh, gotcha. What car do you have? I have a Suzuki Reno, which I'm sure no one has heard of, but for some reason subs that would be mediocre in any other car sound really good in mine...must be the way it's shaped or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have a crappy 86 Olds Firenza. I want to get another car too, but that's not going to happen anytime soon so figure better audio will make driving the hunk of scrap easier.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh, believe me, it makes driving a piece much easier

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Even putting the two 6x9s in the back are better than my factory setup. I took out the two 1.5inch mids out of the front. Well one, I lost the speaker wire for the left one so just eliminated them both, since the right one didn't work well with the rears anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah my friend had a Ford Taurus with a factory set-up, but he didn't like that and his parents wouldn't let him turn another car into a rolling bomb(he morphed their Toyota Sienna into a complete bass boss lol) but he went and put stuff in it anyway. I already told about the 2 10" pioneers he has but along with that, he has two 6x9 Sparkomatics that are next to impossible to find nowadays and two 5" alpine mids(not positive on these measurements but oh well) and they are insanely loud.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join