It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard an Interesting Theory Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey, you know I am hardly the poster child for man made Global warming, we agree on that topic. I just give the rationale explained for many of the Venus probes.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Neither side of the global warming debate have been terribly convincing IMO.

I will concede however that here in Toronto winters have been gradually getting warmer the last 15 years or so.
And a buddy in Montreal said the same about Quebec, so perhaps there's warming going on. Whether thats natural or manmade is very difficult to prove.
(perhaps its a bit of both??!!)

But what I also find hard to believe is that spewing billions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year isnt going to do some type of damage.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by TallWhites]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
What if... What if... WHat if you spent your time worrying about starving children instead of make beliveing about space

My group has raised millions for charity...

What HAVE YOU done?

Uh huh though so... shot off your mouth

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
But what I also find hard to believe is that spewing billions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year isnt going to do some type of damage.

Yeah it will make more plants grow
You DO know that plants like CO2 and turn it to oxygen for us?

Also the fact that the temperature on the sun have slowly increased since the Mini Ice Age of Medieval times might give you a hint

[edit on 28-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I do hope here in Toronto we get a nice spike like in 1100BC

Move to Vegas we had three months straight over 100 and topped at 122

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Lake Vostok is going to be like opening a whole other world. Part of me doesn't want us to contaminate it and part of me wants to see what is down there.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Actually amateur astronomers can do their own spectral analysis of Venus, here...

Sky and Telescope magazine

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Also I have a hard time accepting the NASA explanation Jupiter is just a gas giant and nothing more, that just never sounded right to me

It's not NASA's explanation, it was known long before NASA existed - it's the explanation of every astronomer on the planet. Mass alone proves that Jupiter isn't a solid body (except perhaps for its core). You can do the maths yourself and determine what its mass is...

Planetary Mass

Here's the Formula...

Planetary Mass Formula

[edit on 28/10/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Yeah it will make more plants grow
You DO know that plants like CO2 and turn it to oxygen for us?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by zorgon]

You mean all those plants and trees in the Amazon we're rapidly cutting down??

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
Actually amateur astronomers can do their own spectral analysis of Venus, here...

Sky and Telescope magazine

Well that does prove Venus prolly wont hold life, although I would need a bit more evidence then that

Originally posted by Insomniac

Also I have a hard time accepting the NASA explanation Jupiter is just a gas giant and nothing more, that just never sounded right to me

It's not NASA's explanation, it was known long before NASA existed - it's the explanation of every astronomer on the planet. Mass alone proves that Jupiter isn't a solid body (except perhaps for its core). You can do the maths yourself and determine what its mass is...

Planetary Mass

Here's the Formula...

Planetary Mass Formula

[edit on 28/10/08 by Insomniac]

Thats also something I didnt know, and thank you for posting

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join