It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard an Interesting Theory Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
BTW, bottom left corner, do they not look like roads or streets??
Kinda does to me

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Originally posted by pavil
Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2.

And how many labs around the world own the type of equipment to perform those tests???
I doubt Joe Blow could determine that with his backyard telescope

Maybe some universities own equipment strong enough to detect water, but I doubt it.
Sounds like only NASA and a handful other countries might have the means, which brings me back to who do you wanna believe???!!

Umm... I can do it actually.
Got the kit sitting right here...

Bet you WG3 can do it too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would imagine Venus would be one of the worst planets to harbor a civilization. Since it is closer to the sun it would make it much harder to inhabit. Imagine the Sahara desert in it's hottest day, now picture that x 10-20.

If I were a Venusian I would come to Earth instead. But anything is possible I guess. For all I know they could be living in giant glass domes.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Define life? Your definition of life is the only definition you can think of, because it is the only form of life you know. What about what you do not know? For all we know in our infancy, life could very well be represented by anything. Who's to say that one of the very planets in our solar system is not a living entity? Living in a different sense than we are programmed to understand. The universe is alive. Things move within it, much like things move within us, creating a representation of life as we are taught to see it.
We don't have the right to determine how life is classified, when we don't fully understand our own lifeforms here.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Define life? Your definition of life is the only definition you can think of, because it is the only form of life you know.

I will go as far as to say advanced life, such as humans or humanoids.
If some contactees are to be believed its advanced humanoid life capable of intergalactic space travel

I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but then isnt this whole subject kinda nuts???!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

An interesting theory based on......no evidence? Where is any of your evidence that the "World" is conspiring to lie about Venus? Why would they do that, to hide the fact that an intelligent race lives there that hides under the surface of Venus since they, even though they are more advanced than us, wish to hide from view? I'm sorry, but I have to call the BS police on this.

Does life exist or has existed in our Solar System, I don't know. I do know that they are more probable places than Venus for life to be.

Please present your evidence for the Cover up conspiracy involving multiple world Govts in regards to Venus.

Thank You.

Most theories I meet have at least some data to back up their hypotheses, does yours?

Here are some of the probes sent to Venus

www.spacetoday.org...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Pavil, you're still not getting it.

All I'm doing is just throwing theories out there, obviously its impossible to prove cause nobody has ever been to Venus.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone
I'm not trying to convince anyone
I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone

Just a theory that you should put in the back of your head for future reference, thats all.
Its no different than the whole UFO theory, I have personally never seen a UFO up close, but that doesnt mean they dont exist and that I shouldnt keep an open mind to them.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Again, people need to stop basing their argument around "you cant believe you dont have evidence". Newsflash....neither do you, all you have is the word of a couple of people, that isnt evidence.

Have you ever seen Venus? Have you ever studied it personally? Have you been there?

No to all of the above. All you have is someones word that they know, that isnt evidence of anything. You believe based on someones word, its fair enough to suggest people can easily question that word.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For more on life on Venus, simply Google "VALIANT THOR". Whether this is true or not, it is fascinating and this threads gives more validation to it.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by manticore]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
For more on life on Venus, simply Google "VALIANT THOR". Whether this is true or not, it is fascinating and this threads gives more validation to it.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by manticore]

Who's the hottie on his right, are they married???

[edit on 24-10-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Come to think of it, where the arrows are pointing looks like an entire city

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
Who's the hottie on his right, are they married???

As best as we know, they are brothers and sister... but it was a very long time ago...

Who knows though... Venusian's might live longer

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

i don't know, looks more like an impact crater (big green arrow) With the Surrounding GLASS (small green arrows)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

An interesting theory based on......no evidence?

Well I have some evidence... but since it was from Remote Viewer it won't do YOU any good...

But I will release it soon on my site for those interested

Where is any of your evidence that the "World" is conspiring to lie about Venus?

Where is your evidence that a few people who wrote the Bible are telling the truth?
Where is your proof Aliens exist? Why would they lie about that?
Can you show me a UFO I can touch?

I hear there are sea shells on the top of Mount Everest... what a crazy story... you trying to tell me that was under water once upon a time?

Hmmm Well lets try this...

What do you know about electromagnetic radiation?

Light Heat Xrays Gamma rays etc?

When the Sun emits energy, whether light heat or radiation... the minute the beam leaves the sun it remains constant.

That means when that beam hits Venus it has the same power as when it hits Earth. If that beam hits nothing it goes on forever,,,

If this was not true Hubble would not see the light of Stars BILLIONS of light years away (and hence billions of years in the past)

If this was not true Radio Telescopes would not hear the x-rays and other emissions of stars that have long since ceased to exist

I'm sorry, but I have to call the BS police on this.

They don't exist... can you prove they do or are you spreading disinfo

Does life exist or has existed in our Solar System, I don't know.

Then you are not qualified to make judgments on life on Venus... as you say "you don't know'

I do know that they are more probable places than Venus for life to be.

Please provide source data... or are you just 'guessing' again?

Please present your evidence for the Cover up conspiracy involving multiple world Govts in regards to Venus.

Please use search function to find the many threads on this already..

Thank you

Here are some of the probes sent to Venus

I like my links better...

Nasa does a Fly by shooting of Venus with Lasers...

I bet that must have ticked off a few locals...

Venus Flyby 06.05.2007

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

The spacecraft is MESSENGER, and the planet is Venus. On June 5, 2007, MESSENGER will fly past Venus just 338 km above the planet's surface--and it will shoot a laser into the clouds.

science.nasa.gov...

I just LOVE NASA... they provide me with so much material

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

So the fact that the sky is clear except for the contrail with shadow is not of interest to anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well I have some evidence... but since it was from Remote Viewer it won't do YOU any good...
Umm got that right. What has been the success rate of your RV? Just curious.

Where is your evidence that a few people who wrote the Bible are telling the truth?
Where is your proof Aliens exist? Why would they lie about that?
Can you show me a UFO I can touch?

I hear there are sea shells on the top of Mount Everest... what a crazy story... you trying to tell me that was under water once upon a time?

I don't claim everything in the Bible is true. I can't prove all of it. Parts have been proven however historically.
I don't claim Aliens exist. I can't prove it nor is their undeniable proof.
I don't claim UFO's exist. I can't prove it nor is their undeniable proof.

Yes, once upon a time the area that was to be Mt. Everest was the floor of a shallow ocean, This can be proved with the motion of the plates in the region and plate tectonics.

What do you know about electromagnetic radiation?

Light Heat Xrays Gamma rays etc?

When the Sun emits energy, whether light heat or radiation... the minute the beam leaves the sun it remains constant.

That means when that beam hits Venus it has the same power as when it hits Earth. If that beam hits nothing it goes on forever,,,

If this was not true Hubble would not see the light of Stars BILLIONS of light years away (and hence billions of years in the past)

If this was not true Radio Telescopes would not hear the x-rays and other emissions of stars that have long since ceased to exist
I assume you are going somewhere with this piece? What exactly are you meaning here?

Then you are not qualified to make judgments on life on Venus... as you say "you don't know'
You guys are talking about a more advanced civilization than ours on Venus. There has been not proof of that, nor any tell tale signs left behind. No Radio or electromagnetic transmissions. no satellites or other vehicles. No evidence on the surface of any life forms nor of any evidence of said advanced lifeforms tunneling below the surface of Venus. They are so advanced that they have managed to be invisible is that it?

Please provide source data... or are you just 'guessing' again?

Guessing, but an fairly educated guess with some evidence to back it up, more than what you can say. Mars has water, the temps there while extremely harsh are within tolerance for life. That Planet would be the #1 contender for life other than the Earth. Other Planets and moons in our solar system have either liquid water or hydrocarbons that seem to be some of the prerequisites for life as we know it. Venus has neither of those as far as we can tell.

Could primitive life survive on Venus? Possible but unlikely given the conditions there. They would have to be able to deal with the Sufuric acid and temps and pressures. Can an advanced civilization survive on Venus? Extremely unlikely given the conditions documented by our probes.

Please use search function to find the many threads on this already.

Give me your best proof of a worldwide conspiracy to provide false info about Venus.

Nasa does a Fly by shooting of Venus with Lasers...

Again, where are you going with this? Maybe we are attacking the Venusian' s? Why didn't they shoot down the probe?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Umm got that right. What has been the success rate of your RV? Just curious.

Still classified... sorry

You guys are talking about a more advanced civilization than ours on Venus.

Not me... I have yet to describe the life on Venus beyond the cute Nordic blonds... but they may just be SAYING they are from Venus and not telling us their real home world

I have also stated that just because they have a spaceship, does not necessarily mean they are more advanced then us. Had we followed a different path with Tesla 100 years ago and not wasted time with a war...

They are so advanced that they have managed to be invisible is that it?

Well heck if they ARE that advanced how hard would it be to toss up a shield around the planet to give false readings? I wonder if that Venus flyby shooting got through
NASA is not quick to tell us stuff ya know

Even HAARP can already drastically heat the ionosphere

Venus has neither of those as far as we can tell.

Quite... except what those who have been there tell us

Again, where are you going with this? Maybe we are attacking the Venusian' s? Why didn't they shoot down the probe?

Swat at a mosquito and reveal themselves?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Venus Flyby 06.05.2007

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens.

Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

The spacecraft is MESSENGER, and the planet is Venus. On June 5, 2007, MESSENGER will fly past Venus just 338 km above the planet's surface--and it will shoot a laser into the clouds.

science.nasa.gov...

I just LOVE NASA... they provide me with so much material

Well thats interesting, if Venus is too hot for life and is just a barren planet, then why the need to send another probe spaceship over there???
Would seem like a waste of a few billion would it not???
(or a few hundred million, whatever the cost is)

Unless they know more than they're letting on.

Yes I know the craft is meant to check out Mercury, but Venus is also on its to do list.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by TallWhites]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That one was on the way to Mercury...

It just took pot shots at Venus... maybe target practice?

However they did find water ice on Mercury...

That didn't make main sream media yet either

MESSENGER Scientists 'Astonished' to Find Water in Mercury's Thin Atmosphere
www.planetary.org...

Seems there is a whole lot of water everywhere in the solar system

[edit on 25-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Water in Mercury's atmosphere, eh???!!!!
Thats interesting

Should it exist there since Mercury is supposed to be almost as hot as Venus???
According to wiki: en.wikipedia.org... it gets over 400o Celsius in some places, how come this water didnt evaporate into gases??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join