It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard an Interesting Theory Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
All you have to do is look at Tardigrades to see what sort of extreme conditions life can thrive in.

en.wikipedia.org...

And I'm always amazed when people seem to base their assumptions of life on THIS PLANET. There is no way of knowing that there could be other lifeforms out there, far beyond anything we could understand. Not carbon based, but other types.

I like the theory that they've lied about Venus, but even if they haven't, there is no reason to dismiss the possibility of life there. Sure, if Venus really IS hot, we couldn't live there, but that doesn't instantly make a planet uninhabitable. Just uninhabitable for US.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2. Maybe once upon a time Venus was more Earth like, but it is now a barren desert probably due to volcanism and lack of a magnetic field.

Chemical composition, volcanism and a magnetic field are hardly conclusive proof of anything in regards to life.

There are creatures who inhabit volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean that absorb enough sulphur to kill a human outright, under immense pressure, in complete darkness.

Life doesnt have to fit into the same box of chemicals and conditions we do to be accepted, it has its own rules on when and where it will occur and develop. Rules that we are only just learning the alphabet and pronounciation of, let alone the content.

Life here has spent a long time customizing itself to the materials we have at hand here on earth, we cannot assume all life has to follow the same rules of creation and evolution until we get a chance to study it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lada Regio, Venus

Courtesy of NASA/JPL
This is a very detailed image of Lada Regio
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), University of Michigan

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2. Maybe once upon a time Venus was more Earth like, but it is now a barren desert probably due to volcanism and lack of a magnetic field.

This in fairness is something which defies the point of the OPs thread.

How would you know what the spectral analysis of Venus did or did not state? You could only take someones word for that which I think is the point of the OPs post, if they were lying, we wouldnt know.

There could be any number of things on any number of planets and you or I simply wouldnt know unless we were told it was so. If people choose to tell us something else, we would never know the truth.

We assume the words of said experts are true but theres no reason to be conrete in that belief. History demonstrates that the recruiting of personel, the elevating of "selected" personel to key positions has always happened throughout time.

One of the most notable examples of this can be seen looking at the history of the Catholic Church, at one time they controlled ALL scientific belief and indeed military and social action. The manipulation and deception of the masses is neither a new or an unknown thing to human civilization, it has been happening since the dawn of time. Another set of examples can be seen looking at Hitler, or Stalin. There are too many to count.

When a population believes the word of people put before cameras most regularly and given "credibility" by the media, the potential for massive scale manipulation of thinking and ideology is very high.

The fact is if five or six key people, leaders, religious leaders, "media saturated scientists" were to come out tomorrow and say little green men existed, through their words and media saturation alone the masses would automatically accept the statements. It would be valid. Why? Because they have been given media credibility.

To the contrary any person who stepped forwards to say such a thing against the will of any ruling elite would be "discredited" or slanted as being unamerican, or crazy. The masses would believe it.

Study US electioneering, it works, it has always worked it has been employed again in this very US Election Campaign, why? Because people believe what the mainstream media presents to them as acceptable belief as a rule, in the same way people once believed what the Catholic Bishops and Inquisitors said as a rule.

There is nothing new in deception or manipulation of the masses, it was and always will be a part of human structure and the methodology of control. Democracy is a control structure, as was Catholicism, as was Communism as many things have been. They are the art of social control.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Lada Regio, Venus

Courtesy of NASA/JPL
This is a very detailed image of Lada Regio
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), University of Michigan

I dont see what your point is??? Unless you just posted a pic for the heck of it.
Are you saying those are rivers on Venus??

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix

This in fairness is something which defies the point of the OPs thread.

How would you know what the spectral analysis of Venus did or did not state? You could only take someones word for that which I think is the point of the OPs post, if they were lying, we wouldnt know.

There could be any number of things on any number of planets and you or I simply wouldnt know unless we were told it was so. If people choose to tell us something else, we would never know the truth.

We assume the words of said experts are true but theres no reason to be conrete in that belief. History demonstrates that the recruiting of personel, the elevating of "selected" personel to key positions has always happened throughout time.

One of the most notable examples of this can be seen looking at the history of the Catholic Church, at one time they controlled ALL scientific belief and indeed military and social action. The manipulation and deception of the masses is neither a new or an unknown thing to human civilization, it has been happening since the dawn of time. Another set of examples can be seen looking at Hitler, or Stalin. There are too many to count.

When a population believes the word of people put before cameras most regularly and given "credibility" by the media, the potential for massive scale manipulation of thinking and ideology is very high.

The fact is if five or six key people, leaders, religious leaders, "media saturated scientists" were to come out tomorrow and say little green men existed, through their words and media saturation alone the masses would automatically accept the statements. It would be valid. Why? Because they have been given media credibility.

To the contrary any person who stepped forwards to say such a thing against the will of any ruling elite would be "discredited" or slanted as being unamerican, or crazy. The masses would believe it.

Study US electioneering, it works, it has always worked it has been employed again in this very US Election Campaign, why? Because people believe what the mainstream media presents to them as acceptable belief as a rule, in the same way people once believed what the Catholic Bishops and Inquisitors said as a rule.

There is nothing new in deception or manipulation of the masses, it was and always will be a part of human structure and the methodology of control. Democracy is a control structure, as was Catholicism, as was Communism as many things have been. They are the art of social control.

See here people, Silver6 is a smart guy, he's learned to think for himself.

And I just wanna add this pic from Russia's Venera of Venus on descent.
Not saying its water (on the left), its prolly just different colour rock formations.
But it could be water, you never know

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not every telescope on Earth is owned or controlled by NASA. Not every infrared telescope is either.

So now you must adjust the OP theory to every government on the Earth is lying. Also, equipment not owned by all those governments are also lying. Also launching equipment to Venus is designed for extreme heat and pressure just for show?

Sometimes in life, things are just as they appear and there is not some hidden conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord
Sometimes in life, things are just as they appear and there is not some hidden conspiracy.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one" Albert Einstein

I will go with the expert...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

Not valid if the OP has a point though. Dont you think the people doing the coverps would ahve ensured that only the people they wanted got the persmissions to build and the funding to run those institutions?

All they needed to do was deny permission and assign a selected person to run a counter project, wouldnt be hard for any supposed NWO to achieve

I know because ive been helping to do it for years....damn delete, DELETE...hmm scrap the last part.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

I haven't done spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus. I have however done spectral analysis of various other things to determine their composition. It's rather easy and pretty cool to do if you are a nerdy science geek like me.

You would basically need a fairly powerful telescope, take the light that comes from Venus and run it through a prism to get the telltale signatures of certain elements. From that you can deduce what is or isn't in the atmosphere of Venus.

It's kinda hard to do, But I would venture a small college or museum's telescope would be powerful enough to carry out the process.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I will add my 2 cents just because it kinda fits in with this.

I have always wondered if the planets past us (Mars and beyond) weren't in some form of evolutionary creationism. If people have all ready lived on Mercury and Venus and when we left there it was so destroyed it evolved into what it is today. Or that the outer planets have had life and we only have 2 left. (Mercury and Venus)

So yes, it could be possible, but if we are going in and not out, we haven't learned much apparently.

So in theory you could well be correct, I for one have not been there as I just can't seem to master OOBEs. LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm not saying primitive life forms could not "possibly" exist on Venus. Life has ways of finding niches to survive. However, there are no "advanced" lifeforms on Venus. Simple microbes and bacteria, possible in certain spots, an advanced civilization however is extremely remote. There is no "cover up" of such an advanced civilization nor of Venus's climate being other than what we have observed. Of course, I must add, that I am a disinfo agent for the Venusian Empire though.

Mars is a much more viable candidate for life than Venus is. Venus has nothing going for it in the way of helping life sustain. No Water, Crushing pressure, extremely high temps. That makes for very hard conditions for life to exist, let alone flourish into an advanced civilization. Of course if you dispute all the findings ever collected about Venus, you could believe anything is there.

You are basing your hypothesis on nothing, ignoring all the scientific data that humanity has collected about Venus. Hardly a valid way of forming a hypothesis.

Everyone knows the real aliens in this Solar System are on Earth 2 anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Not saying its water (on the left), its prolly just different colour rock formations.

So the pics Venera took are ok but the other data showing the extreme temps and pressure are to be discounted?

The lander survived for 127 minutes (the planned design life was 32 minutes) in an environment with a temperature of 457 °C (855 °F) and a pressure of 89 Earth atmospheres (8.9 MPa). The descent vehicle transmitted data to the bus, which acted as a data relay as it flew by Venus. The probe probably still rests on the surface as of today.

If those readings are accurate, water could not exist as liquid on the surface of Venus. The surface of Venus is a very nasty place.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by spines

I haven't done spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus. I have however done spectral analysis of various other things to determine their composition. It's rather easy and pretty cool to do if you are a nerdy science geek like me.

You would basically need a fairly powerful telescope, take the light that comes from Venus and run it through a prism to get the telltale signatures of certain elements. From that you can deduce what is or isn't in the atmosphere of Venus.

It's kinda hard to do, But I would venture a small college or museum's telescope would be powerful enough to carry out the process.

But there could easily be something in the Venus atmosphere that blocks the water signature, and give you a false-negative result.

Like I said before, unless you actually been to Venus, how would you know for sure??

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

So the pics Venera took are ok but the other data showing the extreme temps and pressure are to be discounted?

The lander survived for 127 minutes (the planned design life was 32 minutes) in an environment with a temperature of 457 °C (855 °F) and a pressure of 89 Earth atmospheres (8.9 MPa). The descent vehicle transmitted data to the bus, which acted as a data relay as it flew by Venus. The probe probably still rests on the surface as of today.

If those readings are accurate, water could not exist as liquid on the surface of Venus. The surface of Venus is a very nasty place.

Did you not read the first post of this thread, what if those are lies told by the govt???

And please dont call me a conspiracy nut, I generally dont believe in conspiracies

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well after reading i want to share my thoughts.

I don't believe there is life on Venus due to its proximity to the sun. I was watching a video with Michio Kaku that stated that if the sun expanded but one meter of its original size. all life of earth would be decimated.

I do believe there is life due to the fact that life has been found 3 miles below the earths surface leaving near heat vents which reach 2000 degrees Fahrenheit.

so in short, i have to see it to believe it

edited to put have instead of had

[edit on 23-10-2008 by SauberBMW]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SauberBMW
Well after reading i want to share my thoughts.

I don't believe there is life on Venus due to its proximity to the sun. I was watching a video with Michio Kaku that stated that if the sun expanded but one meter of its original size. all life of earth would be decimated.

I do believe there is life due to the fact that life has been found 3 miles below the earths surface leaving near heat vents which reach 2000 degrees Fahrenheit.

so in short, i have to see it to believe it

edited to put have instead of had

[edit on 23-10-2008 by SauberBMW]

Thats a good point, but Venus atmosphere is covered with a blanket, could there not be some type of unknown substance (like ozone layer) that acts as a heat shield to keep the temp down???

Its possible isnt it??

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

yeah it is possible. Maybe they built there cities underground. I was reading a post here on Ats somewhere that stated there should be 35 120 civilizations already in our own galaxy. But yeah like i said we never know due to the fact that all information we get is from certain guys at the top of the ladder.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Like what? you are grasping at straws here. There have been multiple nation's probes sent to Venus. All of them as well as other observations point to the same conclusions, a very dry, very hot, very pressured, very caustic Planet. I guess there must be advanced civilizations on every Planet in the Solar System since I haven't been there to disprove it.

Jeez...... you guys really need to get a grip on reality here. You are in Denial of any evidence presented to you.

My disinfo campaign for the Empire has worked.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
@Pavil

Dude, the title of the thread is that govts around the world might be lying to us for whatever reason, I'm not saying they are for sure, I'm just putting that theory out there.

Something to ponder, thats all.

Perhaps they wanna keep things under wrap so not to cause any panic, sounds plausible to me.

So let me prephrase for the slow ones around here.
Its an interesting theory I heard, thats all.
I'm not accepting it as fact, I just keep an open mind

Capiche????!!!

[edit on 23-10-2008 by TallWhites]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join