It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard an Interesting Theory Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Was talking to someone today and he told me something really interesting.

What if the govts of the world have lied to us about how hot Venus is???
What if its not nearly as hot as they claim it is??
What if its actually liveable???

So you say no way, but how would you know???
Because NASA told us so in our high school text books???
That doesnt make it so.

Have any of you actually been there yourself???
I'm guessing not, so how would you know???

What if Venus is populated by an advanced race and this accounts for all those UFO sightings???

Its possible isnt it??

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Some people claim they have bases there, and have had for a very long time. For this to be true no doubt someone and all the history books is lying. But even if this were the case, this would only be one or if they got along, several of the many races monitoring or involved with our planet.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When I piece this together with other information I gathered, it totally starts to make sense. Its like another part of the puzzle

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Noone has to lie about how hot venus is. We have life here on earth that exists in some of the most inhospitable environments, and it flourishes.

An atmosphere that will be lethal to one species, will allow another to flourish.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2. Maybe once upon a time Venus was more Earth like, but it is now a barren desert probably due to volcanism and lack of a magnetic field.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Regardless of the nature of Venus and my opinion on the theory presented:

If you aren't supposed to know something, you won't know about it. It is as cut and dry as that.

Who knows how many minor civilizations will never be known simply because those who conquer decided to wipe their enemy from the face of the earth and the minds of the populace.

2+2 can equal 5 if you get the right people to say it does and kill those who would challenge your word.

People like to believe what they are told, and if there is no information to the contrary than it becomes 'true'. If all those in power cooperatively nuked and then denied the existence of say...Midway...then Midway would cease to exist; never would have existed.

So is the OP theory possible? Sure is.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I have to ask: When was the last time you performed such ananylis on the planet?

It goes back to the OP theory: If you say something that can't be/isn't allowed to be opposed then you have the ability to create the 'truth' of your reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2.

And how many labs around the world own the type of equipment to perform those tests???
I doubt Joe Blow could determine that with his backyard telescope

Maybe some universities own equipment strong enough to detect water, but I doubt it.
Sounds like only NASA and a handful other countries might have the means, which brings me back to who do you wanna believe???!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Venus is pure assumption. People who dont accept probability should accept venus guesswork either to be fair.

Claims like "Venus has no carbon cycle" make me laugh the most since theres no way in hell they could ever be verified right now. Also scientists claim it has "no organic life", im not sure how many of them have been to Venus to check for vestiges of microbial life in any form, like the ones which live in the volcanic ducts on the ocean floor, some can survive exceptionally hostile conditions which IRONICALLY scientists told us categorically were "impossible for life".

So soon after being proven worng on our own planet they are making sweeping statements on a world they have never been to? Amusing stuff really. Mainstream scientists talk with authority on subject they know nothing about all the time, they just pick and choose which guess is "official" and which is "outrageous" and more times than not they have been wrong

Id take anything they say about Venus with a tanker load of salt if they are telling you categorically its true

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Even if Governments were lying to us, spectral analysis of the clouds of Venus don't lie. There is little to no water vapor, lots of sulfuric acid and CO2.

And how many labs around the world own the type of equipment to perform those tests???

Maybe some universities own equipment strong enough to detect water, but I doubt it.
Sounds like only NASA and a handful other countries might have the means, which brings me back to who do you wanna believe???!!

Lol a spectral analysis is actually very simple, and back in highschool physics we did them. So I doubt they are lying about the temp, but as someone mentioned, life can flourish in places where a human would be instantly incinerated.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The ancient Sumerian people portrayed Venus as a "blueish watery planet".

They also were aware of all of the already known planet bodies around our sun.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lets be honest if Venus was home to an advanced race who didnt want us to see, we wouldnt see.

We are always talking about why wouldnt we be able to see this, or know that, but fail to accept the most basic of facts: a species advanced enough to be flying around in ships with anti matter drives or whatever technology they might have for star cruising would be dictating to US what our technologies got to see, not the other way round.

We would be like the amazonian tribe trying to spot spy sattelites.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamechanger

Lol a spectral analysis is actually very simple, and back in highschool physics we did them.

Can you explain how I would do one then???
What do I need?? Just a regular telescope???

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To do one on venus you would need a super high powered telescope with the right lenses and computer software hooked up to perform it.

Or maybe a sat orbiting Venus and giving you filtered images direct.

You me and joe bloggs arent going to do one. Theres only a handful of places with the equipment to do interplanetary imaging like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Lots of people believe there is life on our solar system, John Lear amongst them.

Mars is a better bet in my opinion, maybe there isn`t a civilization on it now, but I believe there was one. Bob Lazar was shown some pictures at S4 and from his tale there was someone ot something around the Cydonia region.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think William Cooper may have mentioned something like that and within the original 1958 full copy of "Proceedings of Lunar and Planetary Exploration Colloquium vol. 1" (May 1958). I think it mentioned Venus in one chapter.

man I would love a copy of that !!!!!!!! I think you can buy it on Amazon actually, someone should only 34.99 !

If it is the one Will. Cooper shows, it has AMAZING info and pictures in it !!!! Someone needs to buy it theres only one on Amazon used !

www.amazon.com...

book info from amazon:::

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
Vol. 1 May 13 1958 to April 25, 1959 Vol 2 is of Proceedings of Lunar and Planetary Exploration Colloquium, Volume Two, April 1959 To December 1961, discusses astrobiology, Earth sciences, evolution of the moon, ballistics of the Copernicus Ray System, origin of lunar domes, analysis of Lunik II photographs, seismic activity of the moon, lunar physics and topography, planetary studies, lunar experiments, lunar exploration vehicles, asteroids and meteors, meteorites, tektites, organic matter and life in meteorites, hydrocarbons in the Orgueil Meteorite, cometary phemomena.

[Now that I think about I think someone REALLY needs to buy this from amazon NOW !..... (and let us know whats in it).. I would if I had a credit card and had my own place

[edit on 20-10-2008 by ats__fan039]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

Lots of people believe there is life on our solar system, John Lear amongst them.

Mars is a better bet in my opinion, maybe there isn`t a civilization on it now, but I believe there was one. Bob Lazar was shown some pictures at S4 and from his tale there was someone ot something around the Cydonia region.

Wow, I never heard about this from Lazar.
Can you tell us a bit more, please???

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

dude what W. Cooper (oh and like how he got a handwritten letter in the 70's from a researcher that said they landed a "probe" on Mars in 1962 !!! (oh and theres a puported video of it on youtube from a film called Alternative 3 (1977) which is from the Club Of Rome (ie. FACTUAL) and that above book goes into about Mars the Moon Venus etc is more amazing and FACTUAL then whatever that is all about (what that guy said above).. someone needs to find a copy of that book. It seems to be available through amazon at the moment.

oh as well as the "secret" NASA books, such as "Exploring The Moon With A Camera" and someother ones. Cooper even said NASA had printed a book simply titled (the) "Moon Base" that looked like the other ones he showed. Watch his video man its amazing.

video.google.com...#

In light of printed documents and what he has in his book.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

Wow, I never heard about this from Lazar.
Can you tell us a bit more, please???

Not much to tell, I heard it from John once. Lazar was shown pictures of the Cydonia pyramids, he told John that there were openings, windows doors and structures that were not seen in the pictures released to the public, furthermore the pictures that he saw were taken on a lower orbit.

In John`s words:

I was telling the story of when Bob and I went down to JPL. The reason we went down there is, Bob just got out of S-4. At S-4 he was shown a picture of what they call “Cydonia.” And there’s pyramids there and “the Face” on Mars. He was shown very clear pictures. And on the pyramids there was no doubt he could see doors, windows, handles, door handles, everything.

Source

www.projectcamelot.org...

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Even John Lear claims Venus (and all the other planets & moons) are inhabited

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join