It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would other countries help us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
if for some reason the U.S. government were to turn its military on its own people, would countries around the world come to help U.S. civilians? or would they just sit back and do nothing? and if the U.S. govt. told them to not give aid to the U.S civilians would they? i just thought of this question and id like to hear what other people think

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is hard. Would other governments help? I fear they would be helping the military. Would they protest? I hope so. I hope it would make a world wide event in support of the people. If I saw Americans sneaking across the border, would I help them? Yes, without a doubt.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
why would you think they would be helping the military? im shure that if this were to happen it would draw a lot of world protest on the U.S govt. if other countries were to help us out which ones countries do you think would help?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As an american living in Europe for the last ten years I didn't feel much anti U.S. sentiment.
That could change if global economic collapse is blamed on us.
I do think the states have been designated as a future scapegoat.
That is one reason for GWB's reign maybe.
If we go down the rest of the world will probably be in the same boat methinks.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No of course not

We are the only idiots that run around spending our money and lives on the rest of the world, no one else does a damn thing except atack other places...

No one would do a thing for us... as above your biggest concern would be aiding the army against us...

I mean give me a break... most of the nations of the world are still governed in essence by a nationality the revolves around race or religion as the sole determination of national identity, what do they care of us...

all they do is bash us for not wantubg to understand thier pathetic cultures... first chance half the world gets they would stomp all over us...

we are the people that abandoned them or were forced to flee for our beliefs... a chance to be rid of thier refuse as far as most would be concerned...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Personally I doubt it .I believe most of the world right now would consider it as something we all deserve and would just sit by and watch the boat sink .

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

i do understand that there is a lot of countries on earth that do hate America country. but is it the people that live in America that they hate, or is it the government in America that they hate? i know there would be some countries out there that would sit back and be glad that its happening but im shure that there would be atleast a few countries that would atleast try and help the US civilians

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

all they do is bash us for not wantubg to understand thier pathetic cultures... first chance half the world gets they would stomp all over us...

These pathetic cultures that have FAR more history and meaning than your culture you mean? You know, the cultures that have existed long before you and your family....

It's words like that, that would make a lot of people think why would we need to help people like you in the first place...

Unlucky, you just lost my vote with that ignorant and backward comment.

As for the rest of you, well i think the UK would help in some ways, but i fear our leaders are tied in with your leaders and uncertaintly may be the biggest problem.... But yeah I guess the UK would try and look after our American friends...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hi Lizard ..I do believe your people would help us just like I know our people would help you if we could ..But like you said ...I think our Governments are in on it whatever happens together anyway and you all will be fighting your own Gov while we were fighting ours I am sure ..so neither of us would be able to come to eachothers aid ... ...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
glad to be getting some replies! does anyone think that countries like Russia would possibly help? I'm really interested on this question and would like to see what peoples opinions are.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Whatever is going on in my country right now and whatever is happening to alot of the people... for whatever reason... we are no more immune to those that would seek to control people, who would infiltarte or rise to power than anyone else...

and No nation hs not been exactly where we... may or may not go...right at this moment... but I would add, the story is in progress and not finished yet...

BUT as a culture, if you want to really have a go... what America attempted / is attempting to be we are working from a VASTLY superior model than any nation on Earth

Okay... I'm not talking about culture as IN your music or your art or food... that's all wonderful... I have a deep respect for, much of Asian Culture in that sense and much of European Culture and... I could make a list a mile long of the wonderful things people have written and created in terms of "culture" around the world...

None of that changes, and lets use China as an example, fantastic heritage, great Music, great art... a Milion contributions... BUT It's still... all about being CHINESE, it's primative by comparisson to what we are attempting in the USA

and will it work?

I don't know... it is... going along okay all things considered, we have worked alot of it out...

Age... of a culture?

Go again to all the cool things that were created by that culture...and hoorah, you have some points

But still, the diversity that is America has created more patents in the last 200 years the history of the world combined even through modern times... and that is absolutely real...

Sure, currently we have some real issues to face, real ways to figure this out... Islam vs christianity being a huge issue in terms of... can America survive these cultures on the same soil? can religous freedom across the board really be possible given the nature of religion? or do we need to...do something about it?

Many, many problems to address...

But still our nation is founded on an ATTEMPT for all people to have freedom, for us all to work together... fused out of... until recently the refugess from places where no one would tolerate them...

When you stack that up against... nations who's basis for being a nation is a set of Music and food and holidays centered around an ethnic orinetation

there is no superiority in that.,.. we are NEW and that way is Old and not viable

Frankly I get disgusted when I hear about... other "cultures" and how Americans don't care about them... we are made to feel intellectually inferior and what you Believe about yourself becomes True...

and... I simply don't buy it... Okay? it's BS your Brat's and Beer and Classical music over in Germany for example doesn't make Being German... better than being or more worldly than Americans... or a Great tradition of martial arts... doesn't make China a superior culture...

WE absorb all of it into the whole of us...and for most of the time since our inception, we have dominated and grown because of that...

Does Apple pie and Rap compare to what China has given the world Classically...lol, HELL NO

but they will also never be much more than Chinese either, we have all the room in the world in our system for Transformation... Absorption... Change and improvement... Far less limitations in the long run...

And what we do here, what this continent is becoming is...far more radical and forward thinking than these short term problems we have or an administration or two bent on corruption on conquest...

What we have as a culture will overcome all of this while... those I refer to... who fight wars over 2,000 year old phisophical and religous identities will crumble to dust... by thier own hands...

In fact, I would go as far as to say.... 99% of the difficultes we have come from our involvements with the OLD World... we have bent by the UN and by the words and beliefs of foreigners to...be more like them, hang on ideologies and... internally due to our diversity in time we will move away from all that again... I assure you

But I'd rather be an American and have the hope and promise this nation holds... than be from any nation on Earth and I don't feel bad for not respecting those cultures asdie from an apreciation of the arts they create because they represent a system of hopelessness...

Mostly... The EU, step in the right direction, parts of Asia... due to a tendency to absorb... materially if not ethnically... sure, some cultures are doing better than others...

but the rest of the world is a friggin mess and I have no envy or desire to jock what is primative or fails to work...

[edit on 20-10-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

And meaning? History... I'll give but history is the PAST and has little to do with today...as a a citizen of a nation that Once...a century ago was the largest empire on earth well knows...

Meaning? What does it mean to be British? Or Chinese or Indian?

That your essentially a bit inbred? Follow a series of traditions?

I'm sorry... Americans Make POOR choices lately, personally and in the government...

But lack of a culture... and takeing what works...when USED correctly makes America great...

I can... drink my Tea in the afternoon and drink my wine with dinner, and do sushi for lunch and absorb all the benefits of all those things...

To be ;locked into a specific culture... and set of ways to me would be, a severe limitation no matter how good thiose traditions are, they aren't perfect.

Sadly, I know many of us have recently chose fast food and TV... and some would say that is American culture, but no. It simply nothing more than an education system that was corrupted and in time will repair itself...

lack of what you acribe as meaning to me is merely limitations of history and an inability to innovate

I am sure, in due course Americans like myself will recognize what a relief it is to be unburdened from...silly superstitions, dogma of religion , and forced practice of outdated traditions or limitation on life imposed by... History, Frankly I will through this whole Tragic phase of things, be doing what I can do and what does make America great... I'll be writing MYSTORY not Living in HISTORY

and lol?

Vote?

What the heck am I running for?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think the real question here would be "If in Martial Law, would the US government bring Foreign Military to do this task."

My point here is I don't think Americans will just turn on their fellow Citizens just like that, and start gunning them down, at least that's what a soldier with decent intelligence and soul would do.

But try and bring Troops from North Korea, or Venezuela as an example, and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mopus,
I think you are missing the whole point of the thread and it is a good point.
We are about to be the victims of our own fascist govt. Will other people help us?
From what I have been reading the chinese and russians will be the occupation force after we have been decimated by a deadly flu vaccine that is now being manufactured in -guess where- china.
What are those big white stripes in the sky that you probably don't notice.
Heavy metals like alluminum and barium and lead which attack your immune system. The fluoride in the water seems to have worked well on you.
It was first deployed by nazis to keep the prisoners calm and it lowers our IQs.
We were used to kill the natives and cut down the forests and now we are blocking up the scenery for mr. rockefeller. get with the program.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No they would not help us. Most of the world is angry enough with our governemnt right now. And in the pat ive talked to many cultures, chinese,easter europe, and especially central and south america...
their biggest gripe... why is american governemnt stationed and occupying all over our homeland? The dislike that very much. alwasy have.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You see the entire premise of your post is that the American government would be standing alone in turning on its people.

The NWO that will take over is poised to take over the ENTIRE planet - hence ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.

The people of other nations will be as busy as we are fending off the invading internal army, feeding their families, and staying alive - they will be of no help to us just as we will be of no help to them.

The foriegn governments will be busy holding down their own citizens just as the American government will be doing to its own. All at the request of the one supreme leader of the new world order, yet to be seen.

So, believe it or not we are all in this together no matter what religion or race we are. We just don't know it yet.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Mopus very inspirational post ..you make me proud of being an American when you put it that way ...thanks ...you actually give me some hope when I see it as you put it ..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the answer lies in recent History. Did anyone save the German people when the Nazi's gained full control? Did anyone help the Soviet people under Stalin or Lennin?

Did anyone outside those countries even know what was going on to the people inside those countries?

The answer to all of those is No.

It will truly be up to the American Citizens at large to defends themselves. However we have two advantages over history, and that is a very well armed population and the internet to spread information. We shall see how far the NWO gets...

Oh ya, and to people who believe the US military would not turn on American Citizens, I do have to keep that hope as well, but it does not bode well when right now the Military is enlisting convicted felons and Milgram experiments show just what human beings are capable of.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You shouldn't be worried wether people of other countries "like" you or "not" , it doesn't matter really.

You have to remember , just like in the US , the governments of other countries control their own military.

The normal civilian has been conditioned to just accept whatever the government does , and to "fear" its power.

Afterall the military is usually trained to handle weapons , when the average civillian doesn't even have a clue.

Not that it really matters , but I don't think people in other countries hate the american people , the US government is not well seen though.

So yeah , civillians from other countries will be too busy with their own affairs , leaving it to their goverments to offer you guys help , because the military is "supposed to do this kind of stuff". Then , since this world is run by a piece of paper , aka money, that is all that it takes to convince another country's leader to not give any orders to their military force. or some kind of agreement.

Not all countries are into producing weapons as the US is, so i don't see any profit for them either.

The world is too divided and too blinded by the money system to realize this won't be good for anyone. Not their fault though , they have been conditioned to think that way , "you always need someone living like crap to have another one living well" , a load of crap.

But a load of crap that is considered reality by many.

It would require a global awareness that is overdue , and you must realize a lot of people believe what they assume is right , not what is actually true.
And even if you shove the truth down their throats , or they are overloaded with evidences , there is a high chance they will fall into denial , and after sometime maybe they will try to accept it , or simply ignore it , and that usually takes some time. We might not have that time , who knows?

I wish luck for us all , and hope we can get through this.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
alright, well if that was to be the case. would the U.S. military fight against these foreign troops or do you think they would go with them

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join