It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rowan University Replicates BlackLight Power's Novel Energy Source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Rowan University Replicates BlackLight Power's Novel Energy Source

pesn.com

BlackLight Power Inc. (BLP) today announced the successful independent replication and validation of its 1,000 watt and 50,000 watt reactors based on its proprietary new clean energy technology.

BLP's 50,000 watt reactor generated over 1 million joules of energy in a precise measurement made by Rowan University engineers, led by Dr. Peter Jansson. The independent study included full characterization of a proprietary solid fuel to generate the energy before and after the reaction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by GoldenAge]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Michael Jordan, former CEO of Westinghouse and current board member of BlackLight Power, says "the offsite replication and independent testing announced by Dr. Peter Jansson and his team of scientists underscore the business viability and impact of BlackLight's new energy source as the opportune replacement of coal-based fuels and will go down as one of the most important advances in the field of energy in the last fifty years."

Check it out! Independent validation of a COP > 1.0 clean energy system!

Great news for the world!! Pass this around to everyone you know!

pesn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The link does not work...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

"The BlackLight Process generates more than 200 times the energy of burning hydrogen that can be harnessed to replace the thermal power in coal, oil, gas and nuclear power plants. These experimental results prove that the new power source discovered in our labs has the possibility to make a profound impact in our current energy-strapped economy."

In the actual heat experiments the calorimeter generated over 1.01-1.02 megajoules of excess heat of which only 9.4-11.0 kilojoules could be accounted for by our chemistry team.

This is quite the claim I must say. As always however, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. According to the researchers paper located here (.pdf), the team is basically unable to figure out how so much heat is being generated by this reaction.

Good stuff, I hope that they can create a working prototype of a generator soon.

Note: I have made a copy of the paper locally, and I suggest if this interests you, you make a copy as well. I wouldn't want to see this information suddenly "disappear", if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Well I think this IS the extraordinary evidence, xmadness - replication and validation from an independent, credible, source.

And I think BLP are much further along than prototypes - they are ready to license the technology out! This is very, very exciting!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
But the question remains, how long till the energy/oil companies find a way to suppress or buyout the technology?

There are so many industries and jobs that have directly evolved from oil, that it will take something insanely massive to ever change the whole damn thing.

Sorry for being the pessimist on this one. I would love for the world to get off oil, coal and natural gas.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is a game changer if continues to be verified. I have been watching these folks since 1995 and traveled from Santa Barbara, Ca. in 2002 to the Blacklight Power co. Site just to see for myself it was for real. It is. Can one even imagine the effects on the world/economics/international politics, etc. etc. etc. if this becomes a viable energy source on a large scale?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenAge

I am concerned that the rainey nickel was prepared by BLP before the testing. I wonder if BLP oxidized part of the rainey nickel to NiO and then doped the rainey nickel oxide with fine aluminum powder? If so they could potentiallyput the fix in for a thermite reaction that might not be easy to detect because the reaction products would be found in normal rainey nickel? It wouldn't take a lot of material to do this/ At -3.44 Kj/g for the nickel thermite reaction about 70 or 80 grams of aluminum powder might do the trick in this system.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think you may have hit the nickle nail on the head. Being as the experiment is not repeated in the reaction, a one hit reaction is easily explained by a little doping. If that were not the case, this would be much bigger and much easier to verify. We all hope and wish for the best, but if it sounds too good to be true - and information is sketchy Guess What??? It is investment fraud.

top topics

join