It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran Detains 'Spy Pigeons' Near Nuke Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Report: Iran Detains 'Spy Pigeons' Near Nuke Site

www.foxnews.com

Authorities in Iran nabbed two birds believed to be “spy pigeons” near the country’s contentious nuclear facility, the Agence France-Presse reported Monday.

Both pigeons were caught near the city of Natanz, which is home to Iran’s uranium enrichment plant, AFP reported. Both had metal rings and invisible strings attached to them.

A source declined to mention what will happen to the pigeons now that they’ve been caught.

The results of a six-year probe released last month did not rule out the possibility that Iran may be running clandestine nuclear programs, a chief U.N. nuclear inspector said told the Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New Black Projects
BAE Mantis-yet another UK UAV

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Being a Rooster, this definately has me concerned. Based on a thread earlier in the month, I had actually considered taking my next vacation in Iran, but I no longer think it's worth the risk.

As I am sure most Conspiracy Theorists will agree, these may be the latest UMCAP's, Un-Manned Combat Arial Pigeons being developed by skunkworks in area 51. No doubt this news puts a new spin on the fat money grab going on in Washington as we speak. Can you imagine how many of these UMCAP's you can buy with $750,000,000?

But now the technology has fallen into the hands of "the Axis of Evil", and most likely will be back engineered and used against us (if this hasn't happened already, who knows how long the Iranians have been holding these two UMCAP's?)

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/20/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Researchers commonly put metal bands on birds legs to identify individuals over time. I have seen them do it to crows and I have seen pigeons branded. What is this "invisible string" however? Is it fishing line? It sounds like some hayseed cops pulled an idiot manuver. I am pretty sure they have robotic spy dragonflys and other bugs so I guess a bird is not out of the question.

On the otherhand, the pigeons could be trained to carry cameras or a recording device of some sort and upload the info live via satellite.

[edit on 10/20/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Researchers commonly put metal bands on birds legs to identify individuals over time. I have seen them do it to crows and I have seen pigeons branded. What is this "invisible string" however? Is it fishing line? It sounds like some hayseed cops pulled an idiot manuver. I am pretty sure they have robotic spy dragonflys and other bugs so I guess a bird is not out of the question.

On the otherhand, the pigeons could be trained to carry cameras or a recording device of some sort and upload the info live via satellite.

I believe the Dragonfly's and "other bugs" have been "outed" by the various intel agencies for years now, figures it would only be a matter of time before the US invoked the sinister wraith of the common pigeon. But then again, it could be the Israeli's... Send in a barrage of UMCAP's in a pre-emptive strike before O'Bama takes the election.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Originally posted by stikkinikki

I believe the Dragonfly's and "other bugs" have been "outed" by the various intel agencies for years now, figures it would only be a matter of time before the US invoked the sinister wraith of the common pidgeon. But then again, it could be the Israeli's... Send in a barrage of UMCAP's in a pre-emptive strike before O'Bama takes the election.

SF no longer utilizes DF's or OB's as tactical assets, you just may be right about the UMCAP's... A flag for you sir!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My guess is that the pigeons are Israeli. Thats the only plausible explanation. The article didnt mention whether or not they were armed though (like drones). I would think that if Israel could fly a flock of say 20 or 25 pigeons armed with marble sized micro-nukes then significant damage could be done to the reactor site.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
My guess is that the pigeons are Israeli. Thats the only plausible explanation. The article didnt mention whether or not they were armed though (like drones). I would think that if Israel could fly a flock of say 20 or 25 pigeons armed with marble sized micro-nukes then significant damage could be done to the reactor site.

So what you're saying is, these may just be UMAP's? No combat role? Hmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is an already established thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further comments/questons to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join