It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirty years of warmer temperatures go "poof"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dr. Loehle's work helps end this deception.

Don Easterbrook, a geologist at Western Washington University, says, "It's practically a slam dunk that we are in for about 30 years of global cooling," as the sun enters a particularly inactive phase. His examination of warming and cooling trends over the past four centuries shows an "almost exact correlation" between climate fluctuations and solar energy received on Earth, while showing almost "no correlation at all with CO2."

An analytical chemist who works in spectroscopy and atmospheric sensing, Michael J. Myers of Hilton Head, S. C., declared, "Man-made global warming is junk science," explaining that worldwide manmade CO2 emission each year "equals about 0.0168% of the atmosphere's CO2 concentration ... This results in a 0.00064% increase in the absorption of the sun's radiation. This is an insignificantly small number."

Other international scientists have called the manmade warming theory a "hoax," a "fraud" and simply "not credible."

network.nationalpost.com...

Since you won't see this type of truth anywhere on the mainstream media here it is, again Global warming is being proven, by science to be a myth.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I whole heartedly agree! Global warming has/is a mechanism to polarize america/the world....much in the same way as republican/democrat...little difference...neither is the problem...it's cyclic....and will "correct" itself over time!

AM

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There have been a large percentage of us that have always denied the overall effect of CO2 and the global warming lie. Strike 2 for Gore. What lie will he back so wholeheartedly once there is no more global warming to fear-induce?

I am glad to see science taking a stand on the facts, rather than being bought off to support an outright false flag environmental issue.

Go Science!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree also. Last year in my U.S. government class we had to give a presentation on a worlwide issue, as you probably could guess, many people picked global warming as an issue including me. My teacher told us not to take a stance on the issue before we researched it, but almost everyone did including me. I felt that is was a serious problem caused by the increase of CO2 in our atmosphere. After I researched it however, i found out that CO2 has no effect on global warming whatsoever, the rise in CO2 is actually somehow caused by the warming of temperature. I also learned of many scientists who believed we might have another mini ice age in the near future rather than global warming. When I did my presentation in front of the class, the entire class laughed when I said that the temperature might go down. The entire class laughed when I said that the CO2 levels didn't cause the atmosphere to warm. And they paid absolutly no attention whatsoever when I concluded with "research it yourself to find the facts, don't take anyone's word for it." Then the rest of the Global Warming presenters went up and said the exact opposite, spreading fear, and having no proof for their mainstream media "research" that is the same thing that everyone thought anyways. Just goes to show exactly how many of today's teens are brainwashed into believing whatever comes on the news or whatever the elitists say.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by cancerian42]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well... this is inconvenient. And here I was saving up to repay my carbon footprint... oh well, I can wait another 100 years when it starts warming up again.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Goshdarnit man, think of the taxes! How the hell are the elites supposed to tax life if they can't come up with some bogus apocalyptic pseudo science?! Lord (Rothschild) knows that bogus apocalyptic pseudo relgion dosen't work any more and the slaves seem hellbent on not killing themselves in warfare!

You have no simpathy for the plight of the trillionaires of this world and thus are truely a horrible person.

Seriously now, we are doing horrible things to this planet, and the deflorestation we are responsible for is criminal. But CO2 emissions have nothing to do with anything and are just a pretext for empoverishment. What needs to be done of course is to get governments out from under the control of economic groups and back to doing what they should be doing, which is defending and dare I say even enhancing our natural resources, of which forests are perhaps the most important. Countries need to be paid to protect forests, not forced to pay for breathing.

And of course, let all the greentech flow, we can get our cars off fossil fuels if we so wish, the enviromental impact of biodiesels in zero, if we utilise the land wisely and use the right crops and biomasses, and we can supplement them with electric cars and ethanol. One thing we can do which makes sense and probably is suprisingly economical is reconvert deserts to farmland using atmospheric moisture extrators on an industrial scale off solar panels and using low moisture quick growth crops like possibly hemp, maybe even GMO hemp, to use for biofuels.

It's not like we don't have any sensible options. But of course this global warming fad was never about making the planet better, it was always about making people poorer.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Kinda like the change the world had in the late 1970's early 1980's when it got hot from record cold and snowfall across the planet.

Only difference between then and now is you didn't have a Nobel prize winning spokesman talking about global cooling while driving industry into the ground with stringent pollution requirements which did no good, with hind sight of course.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So what does that make my carbon Credits worth? I pulled all my cash out of the market and put it in carbon credits.

And Al Gore just built a 100 foot "green" houseboat, what a maroon.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

I applaud you for standing up and speaking the facts as you researched them. You attempted to educated the sheeple and they "baahed" you away, as sheeple do.
It has always perplexed me the reasoning behind the "Global Warming" activists. If you turn the facts against them, then they truly have no leg to stand on. CO2 is consumed by vegetation and retuned as oxygen. More CO2 means more oxygen. Oops, forgot. We wholesale harvested that other 20% of the vegetation needed to clear up the excess CO2. Ok, so plant a freakin tree, a couple of shrubs and stop paving over every square inch of the planet and we will be able to get that 1 degree average temp back in about 10 years.

/convo
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! They makes me laugh....No, stop it...I cant...HAHAHAHA...take anymore of your "facts". Get away from me greenie.
/end-convo

Keep up the research. The rabbit hole is deep.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The big IF argument, IF CO2 is so evil and causes warming, then all this saving of CO2 is causing the cooling issue. Perhaps Al Gore should be put on trial for crimes against humanity for causing the current coming ice age.......how fast would solar activity be the blame then?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I do not agree with the OP, first of all SUNSPOT24, came in several months before it was expected and then rather than ramping up to its peak in the year 2012, it has instead moved into an unexpected cycle of inactivity.

This by no means gives us cause to relax, I feel it is going to be the strongest event in recorded history once it starts in earnest. I have felt strongly about this issue above all else.

It could be building pressure to release in cataclysmic volumes in the near future. If it were releasing in smaller spurts as was predicted I would feel less concerned, but with the inactivity that is a hope for the past.

I also think that the irresponsibility and lack of accurate reporting is just another part of the global decolonization process. Interesting how the same people who would watch as lives are lost in the millions will be the same to survive because they already know what is destined to happen and have their safe bunkers ready and stocked.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I was initially quite excited by Don Easterbrooks paper. Until I read it. It's full or errors, misunderstandings and incorrect conclusions.

But, whilst I therefore seriously question his conclusions etc, it's still worth pointing out that his projection shows that the forthcoming 30 years of cooling will not see temps cool anywhere near to the level of the 1980s. And it will be followed by a period of warming which will be warmer than the 1990s .......

In other words, natural variability with an underlying warming trend. Each warm spell is warmer, each cool spell is less cool.....

So not quite what the deniers and coolers wanted!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The big IF argument, IF CO2 is so evil and causes warming, then all this saving of CO2 is causing the cooling issue. Perhaps Al Gore should be put on trial for crimes against humanity for causing the current coming ice age.......how fast would solar activity be the blame then?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by heliosprime]

The warming is already proven and the end result of the cooling process is a mini ice age, you seemed to have jumped on the Republican band wagon of ignorance about the subject. The earth and our entire solar system is a synthesis, an organic whole which works in unison with such great intelligence and purpose.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wait! This can't be right. Gore won the Nobel Prize. This just can't be right. How could Gore, the man who invented the internet, be so wrong about our climate.
This is classic. Thank god for science and not politicians.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Great find!!

But if you've noticed that Gore along with his crew of environmental nuts no longer refer to "global warming" instead they have backed away from this claim and now using the term"climate change", so they can still claim and impose their misanthropic economic and political policy on the rest of the world, at the expense of making everyone poorer, at the same time making themselves and their bio-fuel industry partners richer.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

...His examination of warming and cooling trends over the past four centuries shows an "almost exact correlation" between climate fluctuations and solar energy received on Earth ...

Wait. So the sun has more to do with whether it is hot or cold, warming or cooling, on earth than anything man-made? Who would'a thunk it?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A lot of you may have seen it but heres a great documentary called:

" The Great Global Warming Swindle"

A lot of scientists in the field say its all bollox and scientists would use it to a means in order to secure funding, where as politicians can use it to as a tool to tax people.

www.moviesfoundonline.com...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Classy Al Gore better get to making more Green global warming Koolaide to combat this. lol

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I was initially quite excited by Don Easterbrooks paper. Until I read it. It's full or errors, misunderstandings and incorrect conclusions.

But, whilst I therefore seriously question his conclusions etc, it's still worth pointing out that his projection shows that the forthcoming 30 years of cooling will not see temps cool anywhere near to the level of the 1980s. And it will be followed by a period of warming which will be warmer than the 1990s .......

In other words, natural variability with an underlying warming trend. Each warm spell is warmer, each cool spell is less cool.....

So not quite what the deniers and coolers wanted!!!

thankyou so much for posting this!!

people just typically spout off what ever they wanna believe with out thinking and it's nice that you pointed out what I have been saying for a while.

even according to that graph there WON'T be an iceage... and further to that: "as the sun enters a particularly inactive phase."
HA! look, if you were to come back in 50 years and prove it.. that's fine.... but to say the sun is somehow inactive long enough to sink us all into a big deep freeze, get a grip.
1 or 2 years does not a cycle make... specially for the sun.. I mean.... that's not even a blink in time..
some of you need to get off this anti-al gore thing cause it's clouding your judgment.

global warming ISN'T a lie.. isn't a swindle.. it's just a freaking fact!

causes of it we can debate.. but to debate whether it is happening is just totally ignorant.

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...
NOAA: Ninth Warmest September for Global Temperatures
Temperature Highlights

* The combined global land and ocean surface temperature for September was 59.79 F — this is 0.79 degree F above the 20th century mean of 59.0 degrees F.

* Separately, the global land surface temperature was 54.50 F — this is 0.90 degree F above the 20th century mean of 53.6 degrees F, tying September 2004 as 11th warmest on record.

* The global ocean surface temperature of 61.86 F tied September 2001 as seventh warmest on record and was 0.76 degree F above the 20th century mean of 61.1 degrees F.

Global Highlights for September

* Arctic sea ice coverage during September was at its second lowest extent since satellite records began in 1979, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center. Average ice extent during September was 1.80 million square miles, which is 34 percent below the 1979-2000 average and is part of an 11.7 percent decline in extent per decade over the past 30 years. The record lowest extent, set in 2007 was 1.65 million square miles.

I can't say it enough... some of you really need to wake up.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by pynner]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

I can't say it enough... some of you really need to wake up.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by pynner]

Global warming is a false religion with Al Gore as thier god. Not long ago it was discovered that all the data for the last 20-30 years in the US was corrupted due to poor locations of temperature sensors. Neary half were located on rooftops, or on asphalt parking lots, and some were even located next to running generators and trucks............

Perhaps it is you who needs to wake up before you freeze in the dark......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join