It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cried so much this evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Believe it or i cried today cos i was talking with my g/f she came round tom my place and was piised off cos it was so so untidy.

I blamed myself for not being fit enough to even tidy my room, i have vowed not to drink every night! to keep myself healthy,its gonna be difficult not drink every night cos i am used to it.

does any1 have any special ways they can share withn me to help in my new venture.

# saying "cheers"usually means geteting piised shouldnt say it in future!!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ummm...the only way to defeat alcohol is to start smoking pot. Marijuana is awesome...kidding...dunno...haven't had to stop yet. May 22nd will be when I have to stop myself...

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Are you crying cuz you gotta stop drinking? Why not get into a program to help yerself stop? AA?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
wish i knew how to help ya stop. i know i cant stop but ive cut back alot. i dont think AA is the answer, seein all those pathetic drunks would probably make you wanna drink more.

do you like to drink b/c you wanna be messed up every night, or for some other reason?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
will you adobt a new name sober? sorry to hear it man.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you want to cut down on the drink, just find something else to do. Read, for example, or take up a sport or hobby. I know of one person who took up horse riding - he couldn't drink at the same time and ended up pretty fit from it.

I'm bollocks with keeping my place tidy too. Nothing to do with drink though - I'm just an untidy git. (But KayEm loves me anyway
)

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think you just need a gf that can make a sprite can disappear in her mouth...

Well atleast I do.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
start exercising...different kind of "outlet" instead of drinking and will make you feel better and make you want to stop drinking so much.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
LMAO @ Lysergic!!!

Drunk

I agree with shoktek and Pisky here. When I decided to cut back on pot (was a chronic smoker), I started working out even more, and I gradually lost the need to smoke everyday. If you don't like working out, you could find another hobby, anything that can keep your body and mind occupied for a while is good.

I think it's really a good thing that you think about cutting back, cuz being a daily drinker sure isn't good or healthy, at least not when you get wasted every evening.
Good luck on your quest man. May the force be with you.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
activities. a new hobby. possibilities- walking(the beach or the park), frisbee golf, photography, bike riding, any type of exercise you can get into regulary.

for me, gardening is my number one hobby. just going on a walk can everyday can help alot. if you live in the city take a ride to the country and go for a hike(this works great for me). alcohol can be a devastating drug; i know several people that have went through detox numerous times and it aint pretty.

Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
wish i knew how to help ya stop. i know i cant stop but ive cut back alot. i dont think AA is the answer, seein all those pathetic drunks would probably make you wanna drink more.

do you like to drink b/c you wanna be messed up every night, or for some other reason?

Exactly

I cried cos i figure myself to be too fat

I drink less beer now.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I cried cos i figure myself to be too fat

I drink less beer now.

Maybe those low-carb beers actually do taste like the real thing?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Low carb beers??! wtf i drink less beer not low carb.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
how much do you weigh? how tall are you? if you don't mind me asking... and i'd go with pisky's idea of finding another outlet. sports would be good, if you have to lose weight.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
However, pretending that the question is current . . .

1. AA is a valid and powerful group experience for many folks. But one has to take on their values as one's own and earnestly apply them; call the buddy when tempted etc.

2.Antabuse might be an option if you had someone in your life who would insure that it was swallowed past your mouth daily.

3. A residential treatment program for 90 days would be the most powerful choice.

4. In my experience of watching and treating folks with an alcohol addiction . . . or near it . . . anyone who chronically drinks 3 OR MORE drinks/cans/glasses per 24 hours either already has a drinking problem or will have in relatively short order.

5. That means that alcohol is already causing problems in their personal lives, relationships, jobs, driving, etc. and it is only a matter of time until it gets seriously worse whether that timeline is weeks, months or years.

6. Also, if anyone cannot forego alcohol 100% FOR SIX MONTHS--and NOT crave it; miss it--THEN THEY HAVE AN ALCOHOL PROBLEM.

7. There is evidently a genetic predisposition to alcoholism. For such folks, especially with other conditioning factors also having been the case, such folks MUST forego alcohol 100%. "Contolling it" is a delusion. Doesn't happen. Well, in maybe 35 years or more I've seen maybe one person out of several thousand control it and he only drank one glass of wine with his wife before bed for his heart. Never touched another drop outside of that regimen. His wife was with him all the time.

8. A lot of the joking about alcoholism is a defense mechanism; a rationalization, a very sad, sick commentary on a chemical addiction which destroys lives, families, jobs . . . and kills and maims thousands of people on a regular basis. If you are one of those people or a close family member, it's not a laughing matter at all. Yes, I've laughed at alcohol jokes and likely will again. But I also recognize the hideousness of the problem.

9. Actually, truly, alcohol is not sophisticated, hip, cool, smooth, erudite, clever, funny, educated, alert, smart, rational, constructive, worthwhile, . . . for millions upon millions of people.

10. The only difference between ether and alcohol is one water molecule. The effects are the same.

11. Take a computer typing test. Take one can of beer. Take the same test. Drink another can. Take the same test. etc. through a 6 pack. When you have sobered up, look at the different tests in sequence. Ask yourself if you want to go driving by your little 4 year old girl on the street with your fine motor coordination and judgment centers already put partially asleep even with one or two cans?

12. If you were chronically driving under the influence, in my neighborhood, I would turn you in.

13. Anyone with an alcohol problem who has read more than 3 of the above items . . . or even 1 . . . is likely protestingly screaming bloody murder because of the DENIAL factor. The denial is one of the hallmark symptoms of alcohol addiction. Blame also tends to be a biggy.

14. Any treatment program without a group process component is likely inadequate for 98% of people with an alcohol problem.

15. Alcoholics tend to be brighter, more sensitive, relationally gifted etc. than the average person.

16. They are also extremely likely to be awash in co-dependant relationship dynamics. LOVE IS A CHOICE by Minirth and Meier is one of the absolute best books on Co-Dependancy I know of.

17. Another book on root causes--ATTACHMENTS by Drs Clinton and Sibcy is a book I'd buy more or less every person alive, had I Bill Gates' money. Any parent and anyone with less than perfect parents needs to read that book, imho. Thankfully, it has a section on correcting past deficiencies.

18. I wish you well. Your presentation of yourself in terms of your avatar and some of what I've read of you . . . would not leave me expecting a lot of good-to-yourself behaviors by way of prognosis.

19. I don't know what it will take for you to decide at a deeply core level that you've had enough of alcohol. Usually it's 40 years or more of seeing everyone close to you in a mangled heep under your heel; your health at death's door; no prospect of a stable job; etc. etc. Until then, most alcoholics keep convincing themselves that they don't really have an alcohol problem . . . that they are doing just fine, thank you--that it's horrible society and the do-gooders who are their problem, etc. etc. etc.

20. You COULD convince yourself that you want off that merry-go-round much earlier. I haven't seen a lot of people do that. But it IS possible.

21. Of course, you could also continue to worship alcohol and the ground you stumble and spill it on--whether figurtively or literally. But alcohol doesn't care how much of your life it trashes. Alcohol doesn't care how much of a fool it makes of you. Alcohol is the furthest thing from a friend. It's just a slowly deadly chemical.

22. IF you truly want help, help is available. But you may have to become AS PERSISTENT AND RESOURCEFUL IN FERRETING OUT THAT HELP--AND IN PERSISTENTLY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT--as you have been in finding a bottle or can to feed your compulsive craving slave master.

23. Feel free to U2U me. Not sure what good I can help you with hereon but am willing to respond as caringly as I can. AS you might guess, I'm not always one to handle you with foam and fur lined kid gloves on the topic. I'm full of compassion. But in this field, usually a 4 X 4 up-side the head is one of the most compassionate things one can extend . . . figurtively, of course, . . . most of the time. LOL.

top topics

join