It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing Like A Presidential Election To Bring People Together...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As I sit here writing this, I am thinking of how many elections I've seen over the years, I am not 40 but I am not 30. When this time of year rolls around every 4 years, it gets ugly. Massive mudslinging occurs, then you have the talking heads either reinforcing or culling down a single candidate. We hear so many different things about our 2 main "choices" for president elect it is staggering. So to cut through all the media-made forest, we as individuals have to see the proverbial trees that are still standing... (i.e. - Research).

That is all fine and good, but in the end whether or not we have made our choice as to who we think will not let us down in times of need, who will treat the American populous with respect, who will create opportunity where there was none, we are still at odds as a people for the entire run of said individual's career.

I believe at some point we have to ask ourselves, "Why do we keep doing this every 4 years?"

To me, the system, congress, lawmakers, committee members, all of these persons are in it for the wrong reasons. There will never be a shred of humanitarian effort exerted by those who are driven by the most impermanent, UNimportant thing in this world.....

the not-so-almighty Dollar.

As long as there is an economic-based system in place, you will never find harmony amongst all the misery that has been created because of it.

There has to be a better way...?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
there is a better way but i'm afraid it would require a dynamic shift in the way the majority of humans perceive the world and their place in it.

when illusions become so infused with a persons beliefs, the illusions become real and stripping those away can be harmful to the individual but in the end it could be worth it.

i could see a peaceful, fair and truly balanced system when i close my eyes and hope for the best but reality has shown me over the years that my thoughts are rarely in line with the rest of humanity. if the rest of the people suddenly realize it's possible, then we may be onto something but until then we just have to look at the people in positions of power, see their strengths and weaknesses and try to do what we can to make sure that they have accountability.

i think that's the biggest problem, really. no one making decisions is accountable for anything anymore and if they were i have a good strong feeling that they'd think a little more before they acted.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Barathrum

I'm intrigued.

Tell me the better way you suggest.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
HAH!

We are not people .. we are cattle .. and VOTES!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't have an answer that anyone wants to hear, but I do find your title funny especially considering this year. I have always enjoyed the election season, but damn... this year has just been CRAAAZY! I find it funny that people are actually still considering either of the two main candidates as acceptable choices for presidency. PATHETIC! My 7 year old son would be a better choice than any of these people.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Nothing Like A Presidential Election To Bring People Together... into two separate factions. Is more like it

Considering the past

voting fraud
electoral college fraud

There is valid reason to believe your vote might not matter at all.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Our votes have never mattered. The Last president to actually do anyhting for this country was wacked, by our own government ... I stand by that

Rest in Peace my man!

J.F.K.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
in response to jam321

it's just my fantasy world where everyone realizes that money, power and the systems of the world are a giant illusion but instead of the panic and chaos that would happen in the real world, the people would realize that it's ok that it all came crashing down.

they would learn that all this "me me me" crap we've allowed to run rampant can't last. we would realize that we do have what it takes to feed, clothe and house everyone. this world has more than enough resources but only a few people in control of them.

people would maybe not only acknowledge the damage we've done to our world and our environment but would maybe hold themselves accountable and do their part to help repair or replace.

in that fantasy world, people would no longer see the need for war since everything was shared and everyone could have their part.

that's all i mean. i don't have all the answers but i know that if people could overcome themselves that we'd be a lot further ahead

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Barathrum]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but I think it is very appropriate - if long - for this thread (I was very tired so if a bit comes across as stream-of-consciousness, that is why):

I must post once again that the Republicans and the Democrats are the two sides of a two-headed counterfeit coin, thrust into our collective palm by a puppet media, the only purchase of which is NWO.

Any change either might bring relative to the other will not change the endgame. If we continue to be badgered into this circus that is thrown to us by our Neros, we will remain enslaved.

In fact, far fewer of us will be far more enslaved. Chipped, monitored, mind-controlled, there will be our human future entities emerging from the grounds with a new "religion," mind-wiped like our ancestors before us (*see The Terra Papers), understanding that their only purpose is to serve the "God Elite."

Ok. That sounds a bit far-fetched. I agree... But I wonder sometimes just how far-fetched that idea really is.

Point is, any coming from these two "teams" at that level, have passed "the test." Else they would have had issues at a much lower level.

And let's face it, even some republicans are insisting the Neocon direction is not where they want to go.

So what do we do? Shuffle along on that "vote for the lesser" track? Really?

How about shifting paradigms - one that espouses a resource based economy:

For the first time in our history we have an option, as a race, where the jobs no one wants to do can be made to be done by computer/robot effort. For the first time, "slaves" will be mechanized, and as the "slaves" proliferate, they will farm organic plots, with little bitty robots to hunt and remove all incest infestation. Somewhat bigger ones can go around and remove weeds.

The plants can grow with no insecticide, pesticide, or other soil-depleting chemicals - fertilizer included, because knowledge of what to rotate when and with which crops is programmed into the plan of the robots and this promotes soil health.

And with this much care, vast plains of healthy food could be produced - that if you used nanobots wouldn't need any cleaning and have had a virtually bug-free growth.

Land that is currently marginal could be planted and harvested despite being rather remote...

There IS an opportunity of abundance, where each of us can live like the Elite, and unlike them, we have love.

So we have to shift the paradigm, now, before they kill most and chip the rest. We have to promote and do whatever it takes to move us to that goal, and if there is a candidate who runs with the platform of promoting this goal of living with everything we want to do without the need to pay for it... Not like the Communist "Your Share" paradigm, but an abundance one. One where if you need or want it, it's pretty much yours for the taking.

Robots will build in abundance - and the cost would not be what counts...but the quality.

Farm animals could be rotated in pasture, by robots, that promoted healthy critters, eating what they naturally do in methods that leave them unstressed - much like nature (seek a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma").

Health would improve, and with money looking for patentable substances, we would instead look for cures.

We would not be limited by how much we had in our pockets as to what we could learn about this Universe.

I do agree with some that the whole shift would be easier if we could also stop allowing them to divide us with religion. People are so passionate about their gods, like one city cheers on one city and another cheers on another at a baseball game, and I look at it and think if we all understood that we humans DO have Godhead within ourselves/ourself, then the dickering about how to restrict that paradigm (religion, monetary) loses power...

And I think it's pretty clear that having people divided into religions is a good way to predict their reaction to a stimulus. As is parties, countries, whatever.

If we cast off our slavehood to the robots, we, too, will all be elites on a planet upon which technology freed its inhabitants to follow their bliss.

Things WOULD get gone, but not for money. For the love of it. Things done because one HAS to would die out mostly as every single human on this planet did not HAVE to do anything, but could do anything they wanted to - Just like those who would call themselves "Elite," are no more and no less deserving of that lifestyle, care, access to anything we want, as they are. I am neither more of an entity than they are or less, though I have love and sadly they lack it.

Through love I bring a message. Through love bring it to others.

And for heaven's sake, don't let your excitement of seeing the advantages of the abundance paradigm lead you to start with the abolishment of money; too many people will jump to the "Your Share" paradigm and think "Communism."

Start with pointing out all the things YOU can find that might be handled by a robot and you don't like to do. What would life be like if you had SOOOO much money that you didn't have to worry about it and could do what you wanted, with robots that protect children (transparently coded - oh yeah, only transparent code would be allowed on anything municipal, for sure, and others could go about their public and private...and I could go on in that direction).

Get them excited about being truly free.

Then explain that money in an abundance paradigm does not survive. And truly, the root of all evil is the love of money, and if we find a way to remove it from our interactions, people who enjoy others' company can gravitate, live near to one another (if tech keeps going - if we are not John Barleycorn, cut in our prime - we will have anti-grav and cities in the sky. In fact much suggests that some already have this. Meaning the antigrav) and congregations of like-minded people will spring up.

If you love to live on a farm you may farm along side the robots: they will move out of as much way as you a-feel like messin' with. I doubt there are many of you who would choose farming, faced with being able to choose what you want to do when you want it. With the Golden Rule as measure, who would long be unhappy? Because there is not a one of us wage-slaves that would not find people we love, people we enjoy being with, with common interests, love the people we are with, want to spend our lives with. Not one of us would spend time with people because we HAVE to.

The emotion-poor may choose: accept that we are equals, or move to another planet (which I think they can do).

Again I say, point is, never should it be Us and Them.

Oh, I was going to mention the fact that greed springs only in the fertilizer of scarcity; it has no meaning in abundance.

But I am tired, and this is dragging long...

EDITED after sleep helped.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes,

"They" want "us" to fight amongst ourselves and become civilly disobidient, so they'll have an excuse to order the Iraqi Baghdad Veteran troops into their cities from Northcom(FEMA), which they will be under control of all throughout the election.

That combined with the economic volatility in the news, and perhaps a terror attack yet to have happened in October (they threatened to do it in Oct.), would set the stage for some riots and such if Obama lost the election, at least in some of the major largest U.S. cities.

So do not give them what they want. Do not hate the supporters of the other candidates besides the one you like. If they act hateful toward you, let them, do not feed into it. Deny the government a reason to send in troops.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wondering if we could ever get to a "barter system" or "skill-based barter system"...you have the skill of baking breads and you need yard work done, I have a hungry family and the skill of weeding, planting, etc. Let me take care of your garden for some baked goods!

Just a random thought for today...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Barathrum

What you say would be nice. But as long as we have governments we won't have unity. Government is all about power and division. They want to keep us divided so that we will never unite. I feel the people of all nations could learn to co-exist and share but our governments keeps us divided. starred your post.

top topics

join