It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Bay- A breeding ground for future terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So you have people from countries the world over being detained indefinitely at a camp that’s somehow exists outside of international law and are held without charge. These people have been stripped of all human dignity; the religious amongst them are given a small respite to pray every day, new inmates quickly become religious just to experience the same thing. The detainees are been conditioned with fear and a loathing for their fellow human beings is being instilled within them, just how long will it take for some of them to snap?

It’s pretty clear that if the powers that be wanted to manufacture future terrorists this would be an obvious way to go about it – all they would need to do is release the conditioned detainees back into the wild and see what happens next.

Edit to add:
Appears im not the only one who thinks this way:
www.iht.com

[edit on 20-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It seems to fit precisely to the model of 'creating future blow-back' doesn't it?

We need to shut these people down before they virtually guarantee that more Americans will die. All their doing is fanning the flames.

And if all the bad guys are doing is sitting around praying all day, what's the point of the 'secret' detention?

Sends some reporters and a couple of federal marshals down there. Ask to speak to "their leader." Bet you it's a civilian!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I did not realise that they actually have detained children at Gauntanamo
As comfirmed by the Army foreign correspondant on the video!

[edit on 21-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I had the very same idea on an old thread...

Is this not some form of MK ultra programming camp, once released these broken people with fractured egos would no doubt want to get revenge?

They are pre-programmed martyrs....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Absolutely, especially as they are programming influential children!

I’m assuming some of them will be offered a way out by becoming intelligence agents in the field - seems like an obvious carrot. Some could be set free and then be secretly shaped into becoming terrorists by being provided with a hidden 'support' line, they could find themselves suddenly living next door to known influential despots/religious zealots for example who could shape their ideals and water their thirst for revenge - effectively they could become 'terror tools' for black flag operations to garter support for political agendas.

It's a good job that a country that puts value on decency, kindness and freedom is running the show, obviously they would never dream about doing such a thing!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Umm...they are already terrorists.

Do you mean it might make them even worse terrorists?

Good grief, get a grip on reality.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
How do you know they are all terrorists? This simply has not been proven. The evidence put forward for the few convicted terrorists is purely anecdotal; take the case of Salim Ahmed for example. Under such unlawful duress people will admit to anything, a modern day witch hunt is taking place and I find it truly repentive that the worlds most advanced country could be so backwards on this matter.

Politicians may wish for us to believe that they are all terrorists but how are we expected to believe in something we are not permitted access to see, not even legal representatives get to visit the people they are representing in court! The camp is a mockery of justice, if the people are guilty then why are they not in a real prison?

The point is the captives are going to be psychologically effected for the worse from being held in the camp, nobody can deny that!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
How do you know they are all terrorists? This simply has not been proven.

How do I know???
Because these terrorists were caught on the battlefield attempting to kill allied forces.

Do you think the allied forces just randomly pulled innocent civilians out of their homes for no reason and stuck them in Gitmo? If not, then of course they are terrorists.

Try thinking for yourself once and awhile instead of being brainwashed by whatever liberal media you get your news from.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A great place to recruit and turn people into double agents. Torture a man enough, and then show him kindness, he will do anything to keep the kindness coming, anything at all.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by freeradical
How do you know they are all terrorists? This simply has not been proven.

How do I know???
Because these terrorists were caught on the battlefield attempting to kill allied forces.

Do you think the allied forces just randomly pulled innocent civilians out of their homes for no reason and stuck them in Gitmo? If not, then of course they are terrorists.

Try thinking for yourself once and awhile instead of being brainwashed by whatever liberal media you get your news from.

You're being sarcastic, right?

Man, I don't know what world you live in. Why do you think they're there? You think these are prisoners of war? You MUST be joking!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

May I refer you to this?

www.nationaljournal.com

The first thing that jumps out of the statistics is that a majority of the detainees......are not Afghans -- nor were they picked up in Afghanistan as U.S. troops fought the Taliban and Al Qaeda, nor were they picked up by American troops at all. Most are from Arab countries, and most were arrested in Pakistan by Pakistani authorities.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Umm...they are already terrorists.

Do you mean it might make them even worse terrorists?

Good grief, get a grip on reality.

Jeez, where have you been hiding? In the Daily mail printing office or something???

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Jeez, where have you been hiding? In the Daily mail printing office or something???

Well, I guess it's better than having my head in the sand like yourself.

Stop being brainwashed by the liberal media and think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The intention of this thread was to highlight the potential threat Guantanamo could pose to the general populous of the world, by all intents camp Delta is a psy-op of truly international proportions. It may well be that it is intended to act as a psychological deterrent, but for the prisoners within the camp it becomes truly paradoxical in nature by damaging, re-shaping, corrupting and forging the prisoner’s minds to bend to the will of their captors - the secondary aim of camp Delta being to extract information. It therefore seems logical to assume that the camp ‘could’ be used for a third and altogether more sinister function to create willing assets for the military/intelligence services.

There is of course no proof out in the public domain to support this claim but what is definitely provable is that prisons can change people. To further support this I would like to draw your attention to an interesting read provided free of charge by the Rand Corporation of which I am in no way connected. The document is quite large but very informative if you wish to learn more about prisons as "universities of radicalization".

The document in question is a .PDF entitled "Radicalization or
Rehabilitation" and can be found at this link www.rand.com

The ironic danger of Guantanamo bay is that instead of reforming would be "evil do’ers", that it has the effect of stoking the flames of radicalization.

To balance this thread, here’s a link to an anti-liberal news source specially selected for our own devils advocate!

www.timeswatch.org
As many as 36 former Guantánamo detainees have taken part in violent acts against Western targets after their release, a Defence Intelligence Agency report said. Their violent acts raise the question of whether the men should have been released, but also whether their detention radicalized them..

The anti-liberal news source takes the opinion that the former detainees should have never been released in the first place, well it therefore begs the question why were they?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by freeradical]

top topics

join