It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all bound together by destiny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a while. I'm going to a community college for this year and the next (don't judge me on that please) and I'm going to transfer after next year. Throughout the time that I've been at school so far I've ran into many of the people at my old high-school that I went to that I switched schools from and switched into a private school... I just like to think that I am somehow bound to them for some reason, not seeing them for years, and they're just coming back into my life again.

Are we bound by destiny?

Do you believe in destiny? What are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm going to give you a very predictable answer here. I believe in coincidences but I can easily see how things can appear to be fate or 'meant to be.'

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Mister E]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There is the idea that spirits are networked together by a web of threads related to their karmas and desires. Following that idea you are going to meet people on one or more of your threads and interact for the mutual benefit of those conditions. Passengers on a plane, neighborhoods, cities, countries encounter situations that are really addressing their common threads.

CX

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good question.

Personally i do not think this is the case, however if you do believe in these bonds being destiny, it would have to depend on how much of a bond there was between you and your friends.

In my opinion, all you are experiencing is the occurance of bumping into old aquaintances, something that is bound to happen at some point in your life. i fi were to go to Germany where i lived for four years once, i'm sure i would bump into people i knew back then, but does that mean we are bound?

As far as destiny is concerned, i believe we are all destined for certain things, all of these positive and it just depends on what you do with your life which determines whether you make the most of your destiny or not.

I'm not sure if it is the same thing as destiny, but i love looking at things in my past, sometimes even things that are not so nice, and seeing now that they were "meant to be". Whilst they were the most horrible times long ago, they opened up door that have led me to the life i have today.

It feels as though there was something guiding me to take that crappy route in order for me to et to the nicer place.

CX.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You grew up in the same city and went to the same school on the same planet with no current way to leave the planet. It doesn't surprise me that they are going to the same community college as you, most likely in the same town?

Fate and destiny are what you make the beliefs of events seem to be, otherwise everything just happens. We can draw infinite synchronicities and coincidences throughout every single one of us, that's just the way that it is. Doesn't make fate or destiny seem so special, we all have it.

top topics

join