It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five awesome substances that never existed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
5 awesome substances that never existed.

Interesting read:
"The road to the truth is rarely straight or clearly signposted, and although the scientific method has managed to install a few streetlights along the way, there are still plenty of dead ends for the unwary to stumble into. Here I’ve collected a few examples of wonderful substances that have been bought, sold, collected, created, and had detailed theories written about them, only to have one tiny downside - they never existed."

www.sciencepunk.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He's dead wrong about the first one. I personally have it and it does generate orgone energy. Especially when excited by electricity, sound or light.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of Ice 9 by Kurt Vonegut. This ice remained frozen at 100 degrees and destroyed the world.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
MERCURIC OXIDE? it's red it'll kill ya and it exists
maybe this stuff?

weird ,fun article thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
maybe this stuff?

Thanks for the reply.
As for weird red stuff that kills you~its not this is it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Arrghh

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting article.

Check out this quote from the article:

"16th-century Swiss alchemist Philippus Paracelsus posited that all classical elements were derived from one master element, which he named alkahest, which could similarly transform other metals. "

But according to modern physics he was right. They currently claim that there is an elementary particle from which are all other sub-atomic particles are formed and hence from which atoms are formed. Moden physics is looking for Paracaelsus's alkahest but physicists frequently call it the God particle. It there really a difference?

Vas

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
maybe this stuff?

Thanks for the reply.
As for weird red stuff that kills you~its not this is it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Arrghh

HAHAHAHA wow that was a fun video ! whoo hoo I want to do that!
that looks like some Mr Wizard type classroom fun

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
He's dead wrong about the first one. I personally have it and it does generate orgone energy. Especially when excited by electricity, sound or light.
James Randi will give you a million bucks if you can demonstrate this.

Which I imagine you cant.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by science lol

James Randi, the fraud with the fraudulent challenge? Please...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The only thing that bothers me about that list is orgone. William Reich was the "discoverer" of orgone energy. He is, as far as I know, the only other person to have his work confiscated, and burned by the government (with the other being DR. Royal Rife).

Interesting. Why would you burn the research notes and books of something that doesn't exist?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

James Randi, the fraud with the fraudulent challenge? Please...
Well can you measure any of this energy under controlled circumstances?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I don't know if you can measure it, but you can detect it. And you can do experiments with it. There is the ice crystal experiment in which you place an orgone generator on top of the freezer at an angle, and pour pure water in an ice tray. Let it freeze, and later on the chance is huge that you will find a stalagmite has formed which is pointing in the direction of the orgone generator.
I've done that experiment a few times and gotten the result.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I don't know if you can measure it, but you can detect it. And you can do experiments with it. There is the ice crystal experiment in which you place an orgone generator on top of the freezer at an angle, and pour pure water in an ice tray. Let it freeze, and later on the chance is huge that you will find a stalagmite has formed which is pointing in the direction of the orgone generator.
I've done that experiment a few times and gotten the result.

Bandit thats an interesting read-the poster´s account of the substance does seem a touch cynical:

www.sciencepunk.com...
Orgonite is an offshoot of the pseudoscience of Orgone, an all-encompassing life-force energy “discovered” in the 1930s by psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich, in an extrapolation of Sigmund Freud’s already highly questionable theories. Today, a host of websites host tutorials on how to create orgonite, a substance said to be able to accumulate this life force. Some even claim to have invented it themselves, and trademarked it. In reality, it’s just a piece of quartz embedded in some plastic

If indeed the ice does produce stalagmites that point towards the orgone generator (and it is a repeatable,observable experiment with no other rational explanations) then its a very interesting find.
Cheers Karl

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31/10/08 by Jbird]

top topics

join