It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saddam Hussien Gets A Lawyer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Saddam Hussain,recently deposed dictator of Iraq ,has found a lawyer to represent him in his up coming trial.Renowned French lawyer Jacques Verges has made a habit of taking on contraversial cases.In the past he has defended Nazi Clause Barbie and left wing revolutionary Carlos the Jackal.

The French lawyer known for defending Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie and guerrilla Carlos the Jackal said Saturday that Saddam Hussein's nephew had chosen him to represent the deposed Iraqi president.

Jacques Verges told Reuters in a telephone interview he had received a letter from Ali Barzan al-Tikriti, whose father Barzan al-Tikriti is Saddam's half-brother, asking him to defend the former Iraqi dictator, captured by U.S. forces in December.

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=QZM3YLWFE3HBMCRBAELCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=4677009�ion=news

I think there is little doubt in the verdict but I'm pleased such an eminent lawyer is defending him.If/when he he found guilty no one can say that he had proper represention which is far more than his victims received.

TPL

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A French lawyer, Fox News will love that.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm glad he has got one....he's going to need it.
I also hope he is tried in Iraq, with an Iraqi jury. Maybe they better consider some protection for his 'self' also. Seems that there are quite a few Iraqi's that would die to get hands on him.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ever thought about using spell check?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A Lawyer?!?!?! LMFAO! Everyone knows their going to sentance him to death no matter what. Forget getting him a lawyer, he needs a cigarette and a blindfold

~Shadow

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Glad to hear he got one. So what?

I don't care, it's his right. Beside that, I'm pretty sure he ordered the political dissidents murdering, but I'd like to see more clues about the supposed genocide. Maybe we'll found the proofs point to Iranian massacre instead of Sadam made one. Sadam had the bombs, but the Iranians had also, and there is more than a doubt that they and not him were the attackers.

www.g2mil.com...

www.google.com...

Anyway, even if innocent of genocide, Sadam should be incarcerated for life for the thousands of dissidents killed.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The lawyer already made some interesting alleguation.

He said he hopes Sadam can make it to his trial (implying he doesn't get assassinated before) and he also said he thought Sadam has been drugged, because he thought his look didn't quite looked like him on the pics showed after his capture.

I almost hope he doesn't make it to the trial

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, he got a point there. Certainly Sadam looked like drunk in the images of his capture. Not a smart thing to do when you are hiding and certainly not a smart thing granting him a drink after being captured.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If the government sentenced him to death, in the aspect of some angles it wouldn't seem right. It would seem more beneficial for him to live the rest of his life in shame of being held in an amercian prisions. All though, I don't know if he would even surivive in there.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Watch Saddam get out on a twinkie defense or something...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It would figure that a french lawyer would actually try and defend him...Thats its not more french fries, French Mustard, or french toast for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
French Fries are actually from Belgium I believe...

TPL

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
It would figure that a french lawyer would actually try and defend him...Thats its not more french fries, French Mustard, or french toast for me.

You've got to be kidding me, if you like them eat them, for crying outloud. No wonder the world thinks Americans are stupid.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by TPL]

top topics

join