It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Truth, Fading Away?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Sorry my friend, but I think you are WAY off on your description of what a 'truth' seeker is and is after. This coming from one. THERE HAS been plenty of evidence brought forth and ignored. The problem is as I have stated in my initial reply to the OP that can be found on page 7 of this thread. It's a joke.

Just because nothing has come forth doesn't mean it is a joke and thus proven false. There are way too many powerful people that have shielded themselves behind the pathetic 'national security' blanket.

If something is to be hidden from the public in the interest of national security it should be something that is valid. Not the actions of a few that deemed it necessary in order to bring on a 'war on terror' that will never end.

From your pic I can see you are in service to this nation. (My assumption.) Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. You have a sense of pride. I had that when I was in. I also learned very quickly what those in power are willing to sacrifice and do in order to further what THEIR views of this nation should be.

It's not always right and in this case, it was dead wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Actually, I think Fitzgibbon nailed it - bang on. It is so good, I think we need a repeat of what he was talking about:

Because lies, dissembling, half-truths, hand-waving and comments taken out of context have been the lifeblood of the 9/11 'Truth' movement (an oxymoron if ever there was one) since the get-go.

If one were to look up the definition of CIT of PffT or Loose Change or any other of the "Trooth" movements, you would see the aforementioned characteristics. In bold text.. Italicized.. Underlined.

So somebody has to shine the cold hard light of real, actual, verifiable Truth on the lies, dissembling, half-truths, hand-waving and comments taken out of context so that 'Truth' lies repeated don't become Truth by virtue of conflict avoided. -

Well said. A wound that festers untreated will at some point kill the body. That wound will become infected, the rank smell of gangrene filling the area. Treat it, kill the infection, or cut the damn thing off. That is the Trooth movement in a nutshell.

Truthers' don't want Truth; they want validation of their own myopic visions. That 7 years+ after the fact that nothing of worth has been presented speaks volumes for the 'Truth' movement's level of understanding, self-esteem and immaturity.

Yahtzee! Well said, Fitzgibbon.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

it is easily discernable that many millions of people are currently demanding justice for 9-11 and millions more will be added in the next year.

Really now? So why isn't there a proposition on the NY State ballot this election, hmmm? If there's 'millions demanding justice', certainly it should've been a cakewalk. How about addressing TY's OP figures with verifiable figures of your own if the 'truth' movement is so hale and healthy? Should be a breeze, shouldn't it? Where are your legions of 'truthers' yearning with righteous indignation? Oh! I forgot! It's a school night.

Never mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Sorry my friend, but I think you are WAY off on your description of what a 'truth' seeker is and is after. This coming from one. THERE HAS been plenty of evidence brought forth and ignored. The problem is as I have stated in my initial reply to the OP that can be found on page 7 of this thread. It's a joke.

The 'truthers' (really they're deniers a la Holocaust deniers) have yet to bring anything of substance forward. Hearsay and handwaving? Lots 'o that, no arguments here. But facts? Evidence? Fergeddabowdit!

Just because nothing has come forth doesn't mean it is a joke and thus proven false. There are way too many powerful people that have shielded themselves behind the pathetic 'national security' blanket.

7 years. SEVEN YEARS! Just when can we expect some denier-in-the-know to eventually come forward with his/her/its vital information demonstrating all the nefarious activities of the government? In my lifetime? My children's?

From your pic I can see you are in service to this nation. (My assumption.)

Like many things, your assumption indeed. If I wanted to play you like a trout, I would've run with that. But anybody with a scintilla of research ability here would have found out differently pretty easily. Just the way anyone with a scintilla of high school physics would've understood that the WTC collapse was an awful demonstration of Newtonian physics. Nothing more, nothing less.

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. You have a sense of pride. I had that when I was in. I also learned very quickly what those in power are willing to sacrifice and do in order to further what THEIR views of this nation should be.

Evidently, you must'nt have been officer material. A presumption like that on an internet board makes for pretty thin evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's pretty clear that 9/11 Truthers are at the dead end we all said they would be seven years ago.

Most have drifted away, the rest too unwilling to admit that they wasted their energies on the Official 9/11 Truth Movement Conspiracy Theory and its fraudulent promoters like David Ray Griffin, CIT, and P4T.

In the end, reason always wins over those unwilling to think, just as evolution easily won over Creationism and facts and evidence over Holocaust Denial.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join