It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Challenge! Convince us: WHY aliens should come and show themselves?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't think they should come and do anything to try and convince anyone of anything, and ill tell you why.

We as a race, we seem to have got it into our heads, that we are the most important thing to ever happen in the Universe, we treat each other like total crap, we treat our world with so much disrespect, and act like we don't care that it is all we have to exist on.

If you where part of of an Extraterrestrial race and saw what Humans where capable of would you want to be friends? I'm pretty sure they have been watching us for many thousands of years, and now we are planning on heading out into space and taking our destructive ways with us, I don't know about showing themselves, i think we are lucky to be still around to be honest.

People on here talk about the "UFO community" and the "UFO movement" what a load of BS, Communities pull together, and Movements create change, all i see is bickering and fighting, those who antagonise are not members of any community or movement I know of, the community I am a member of has a little bit more respect for the work of others, the one line statements are usually achieved by smarmy smart arsed people who really don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Some people I know for certain know more about the UFO phenomenon in their little fingers, than almost all the rest put together, they come here to ATS and jump in with their one liners, its a bird, its a bug, its a smudge, i could go on, but in reality they have no idea what they are looking at.

I could name at least a dozen members who will not share their evidence on ATS anymore because of these closed minded wannabe experts on everything, sadly T&C prevent naming names, even I refuse to post new evidence because of the BS, and I've been into this subject for over 30 years, and I didn't just sit and read books, I got off my backside and went out to investigate myself on a lot of occasions, its not hard, and it can be fun, it can also be boring as i'm sure many will tell you.

Perhaps that is why people act the way they do? to stop genuine evidence being shown, all its done is created places which are hidden for that to happen, its them who are missing out.

So maybe the question should first be, why share with the closed minded people, who are so afraid of truth, they will do anything to discredit possible genuine evidence? and thats what they are, AFRAID.

Why else would they volunteer to be first with such stupid comments without evidence, IE its a bird, bug, smudge?

These people are the first to demand evidence of what the picture or video is showing, but offer no evidence for their own comments, is that not ignorance of the ultimate kind? not to mention hypocrisy of the highest kind.

Sometimes i think these people have no clue just how much of a hypocrite they have become, people are not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.

However, i doubt very much that this post will be read by many, again in their excitement to rush to the last post, to try and show some more of their ignorance, ooopps sorry, their respected opinions, all i can say is yeah whatever, not one of you one liners is ever taken seriously in my book, all you achieve is the misdirection and topic change, of the very proof you scream for.

Sorry for the rant OP, but i think your asking the wrong question.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Right ... here is a simple equation. If they let folks know they are around , then appear , theres no harm in that. But if they just suddenly go "YO , GREYS OVER HERE , HOW YOU GONNA ACT?" then some damned fool is gonna shoot one , and theres going to either be a war , or we will be black listed on the interstellar Xmas card list. They ought to let us know , then appear.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Right ... here is a simple equation. If they let folks know they are around , then appear , theres no harm in that. But if they just suddenly go "YO , GREYS OVER HERE , HOW YOU GONNA ACT?" then some damned fool is gonna shoot one , and theres going to either be a war , or we will be black listed on the interstellar Xmas card list. They ought to let us know , then appear.

That would work only if they let people know they are coming on a mass level, and not just hand one person that information. I think it`s strange that when one channeler comes forward with info like that, within a week to a month other channelers suddenly come out and say, yes, my source is now telling me the same thing, or add to the info list that the first one gave.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Very well put...
Yet precisely for the reasons that you stated, the question is completely valid.

You see, people who have had genuine experiences, besides from feeling the "need" to do the work that is asked, continuously hear about others on the on the non-disclosure issues, the lack of proof, and so on.

So, without wanting to be too ironic, I and others would REALLY like to hear more intelligent interventions...

Of course I know that this cold not possibly be a popular thread, especially because of the non- spectacular info in it... apparently...

So, again, we agree, and yet I still call on people, whoever, to show a little more criteria and explain themselves, make a case...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Hehehe...

What do you think has been going on then?....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why should they come? This is my opinion, for what its worth.

Nobody can say that we, as a race, are perfect. This is a given.

But nobody can ever state with conviction that we, as a species, are inherently evil, either.

We’re somewhere between, loose in a twilight existence, wandering an uneven path that is littered with uncertainty and exhilaration, insecurity, misfortune and struggle, hope, clarity and devotion. We feel lost in it, as we have no real direction. We advance technologically, but that is only an achievement over adversity. Spiritually we still wade through a minefield of belief. Often these beliefs unify and stimulate immense intellectual and philosophical growth. But what price growth if it is founded on sand and not rock?

Some may say that we walk this path blindly, as we often willingly shield ourselves to the plight of those who labour without the basics of life. This may be seen as selfish, but it also can be explained as a debased, mutated survival instinct.
I have, you don’t, so I’ll survive, and you won’t.
And in numbers, we can endure the process of life with relative ease. Yet, the modern, highly populated world, for all its wonders, is still hard, for some, to endure. It’s still a jungle, no matter how many clans there are.

Conversely, when we have plenty, we often desire more. We are willing to take what we want, and kill for it. Reasoning for these acts often stems from our individual histories, and their influence in how we perceive inherent ethical or religious responsibilities. Those who defend are seen as adversaries and liars, those who attack, thieves and murderers. Both factions, perversely, can be justified, as both will maintain what they insist is a high moral posture. Again, our need to belong to a greater clan drives our impulsive and savage behaviour.
Whether conflict is imposed because of growing economic necessity, territorial disputes, religious bigotry or an imperial desire for cultural dissemination, we’ll fight at the drop of a hat because we want to survive. And we trust the press of history and those elected to power when they say to fight is right. Because we have to.

It is impossible to preclude the influence of the dizzying number of cultural philosophies and their accompanying methods of societal conditioning we have been subjected to, as a marker and a foundation on which we can solidly explain this behaviour. Without them we would feel lonely, isolated, bewildered.

With them, we belong to a greater, though impersonal whole. Individuality is lost amongst the masses. We are part of a demanding society, and expected to play our role. The you becomes we. The entirety becomes our individuality.

You are lost within. You don’t count anymore.

But no matter how long we have been subjected to this habituation, all individuals still desire, at their heart, to know just what they, as a person, represent. Society comforts and supplies, but it does not nurture the soul.

And because of that we can honestly say that we’re all the products of confusion.

Throughout the ages, many have professed to know precisely what we’re here for, to calm that confusion, yet can never provide proof. Still, we rely on the faith they give us, and hold tight to the hope that that faith supplies, and anticipate that this trust in the indefinable will ultimately define us.
We need to trust someone to tell us what to do and why we’re here, as without guidance we’re no one. Names and possessions and land mean naught without their owner having the realization as to what, and who, they are as a living, opinionated, contemplative being.

Religions come and go. Many alter their credos because of public pressure, thus confusing the fundamental needs of many of their congregation. Most stand in stark contradiction to each other. All decree their veracity. And still we listen, and take sides.
Philosophy struggles with the tumultuous inner workings of the mind, and attempts to convince that god is within, or does not exist; that if you believe you are self-deceptive. Church tells you you’ll burn if you don’t believe. Thousands flock to see the head of one church, and the prophet of the same faith is worshipped by insular, dwindling sects thousands of miles away.
We’re told man is an ape, and a product of divine decree. Science is said to deny the reality of faith in the divine, yet religious scientists continue to adhere to their faiths.

Confusion. Because we don’t know what we are.

This may sound like a gloomy scenario. But it’s not.

We have an ace up our sleeve.

(Continued...)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
(...Continued)

Along the same path, and despite the obstacles that throw us down, we constantly encounter something extraordinary. We have the burning will to convey an almost golden, breathtaking ability to love the travelers at our side. This superb capacity for selfless consideration forces aside our personal needs. It is something that ties us together as one, albeit disorganized, family.
Love manifests as both inner emotion and physical action. We are elevated by it, intoxicated by its potency, drawn time and again to the comfort and solace it relentlessly gives. To ignore it is to turn away from what truly motivates us, and flouts the immutable reality of our lot. This familial connection pays no heed to our baser needs; it can surmount the fact that we gladly walk this irregular route with those who may harbour ideas and beliefs that are not our own. It makes us tolerant. With it we can all travel together; the enlightened and the adept, the artist and the critic, even the warlord and the victim of war.

But even this most perfect of sentiments, one that we eagerly assume to know the length and breadth of, still holds a secret clue as to what we are.

Love, when allowed to come into our life with honesty, and kept alive with the same sincerity colouring your every moment, generates an overwhelming feeling of attachment, the strongest and most unbreakable sensation of belonging.

You marry the one you know is your life-partner, and love makes you a single unit. Trust comes naturally, joy is always close, you see hope in their eyes, not just reflected from yours but a mirrored optimism.

Standing before an altar, or kneeling in a temple, the imagery of a deity or words in a book lets you experience an unconditional adoration for not only the physical being that trusts in their teachings, but for the intimate and hidden soul that peers from behind your eyes. Something of our own divinity transcends the ethereal and touches the material to be exposed as a conduit of care and compassion.

The most exquisite scenery or the simplest image of natural beauty elates even the most cynical and jaded. This is a love of life, of the uniqueness of our world, of the complete wonder of living that we all share. To look upon beauty, in any form, and feel it move your heart is to fall headlong in love with everyone on this planet.

The soldier that stares tired and outraged at a fallen comrade is experiencing not only grief for a friend, but the loss of joy and love that was that person’s life. Sadness tries to cloud any other consideration, but it is the grief of the loss of another human’s ability to love that ignites that wretchedness. Love does not have to be expressed by words or actions. A simple, solitary consideration that diverts from regret or bereavement to the happiness the departed brought into life is sufficient for that life to have been worthwhile.

Love delivers the solidity of purpose that our manufactured foundations cannot.
It enables and empowers.
It drives us to look to the stars and question, even under the dragging weight of so much conditioning, just what awaits us.
Love of life allows us to look beyond all the manipulation and blinkered attitudes, and seek the answer to a question that just will not go away:

Are we alone.

And we ask that because ultimately, we don’t want to be alone. We need an end to the confusion as to who we are. We need some solid, reliable answers, answers that are unbiased, informed and without agenda.

We do not need outside help to correct our wrong doings, or those of our leaders, we can do that ourselves.
What we do want, and not in a demanding manner, is affirmation that the love we feel for each other, the love and trust in our fellow man that helped us lift ourselves from the mud and into space, has a place in the Universe.

Even if we’re not perfect.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

...We as a race, we seem to have got it into our heads, that we are the most important thing to ever happen in the Universe, we treat each other like total crap, we treat our world with so much disrespect, and act like we don't care that it is all we have to exist on.

If you where part of of an Extraterrestrial race and saw what Humans where capable of would you want to be friends? I'm pretty sure they have been watching us for many thousands of years, and now we are planning on heading out into space and taking our destructive ways with us, I don't know about showing themselves, i think we are lucky to be still around to be honest.

Thank you! Well said! As a planet - Earth likes to lead by ego... not example.
We're like an adolescent moving through life - no matter what advice someone gives them - they know it all and will not listen. Face it - we are spoiled brats.
I think the option of Aliens/ETs showing themselves goes two ways:

1) Too many of us are not going to believe that such a thing can happen. Afterall - Aliens are the thing of Hollywood and couldn't really exist.

2) The ones of us that DO believe are considered 'kooks' or anything that represents New Age does not represent the "what's in it for me" attitude that seems to be prevalent with Humans.

I think the Aliens/ETs would offer technology (do you really think the ones hanging out with the Black Ops people are giving them their best stuff?? - not if they know what kind of backstabbing race the humans are!), absolute health without disease or need for medication, a higher vibration/frequency so we may actually grow and learn, potentially - a union of nations working together... rather than killing each other. Just for a short list.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I find it a funny question.

I say i would watch humans for a bit see they shoot Mame murder rape.
Corrupt government systems racial hatred of one another.

i would fly so far away it would make your head spin lol

A green guy would surely be disliked and maybe get shot from a racial feud lol

hope you get my point

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Only benevolent aliens should arrive. They should do so because those who can handle it will evolve and those who cant will kill themselves off. Cut the fat. Its that simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

As always, a pleasure to respond to your beautiful posts...

And yes, in essence you are right that MOST people feel alone, and that we sometimes need someone to remind us that we are not...

And it is just a reminder, because we really are not, and that is an independent fact, regardless of the type of belief and inclination.

What needs to happen then, is that there is a collective realization that this is the case, that there be a sincere and heartfelt WELCOME from our hearts, not to "alien" friends and such, but to OUR OWN INNER BEING, which would lead immediately to the recognition that that infinitely loving spark resides IN EACH ONE OF US...

That day, the feelings of separation and loneliness will subside, and the deafness to ALL who come and continue to show for love of Humanity and it's well being will give way to the desire of communion with the immense knowledge and wisdom that is being poured into our minds and hearts everyday.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think extraterrestrials "should" or "have to" show themselves to us.

I think it is the governments that have to disclose this issue publicly,, there has been a cover up for just over 60 years, that has to end.

I also strongly disagree with the notion that aliens are some sort of heavenly figures depicted in scripture or that they are demonic beings. As I said before in other threads, religion should be a seperate issue from investigating the secrets behind UFO's ,, I believe it will only cloud the already foggy field of UFOlogy.

Flagging Thread

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

I could name at least a dozen members who will not share their evidence on ATS anymore because of these closed minded wannabe experts on everything,

I gave up sharing information when the threads I created were attacked mercisly by smart arsed gits. Everytime I tried to explain my ET experiences there was agression and derision thrown at the evidence supplied. True, there were a lot of supporters and genuine interest but in the end it was to no avail. The message that Eight Star were trying to communicate was ignored. Humanity is in the process of destroying itself and the planet it lives on. They will suceed without a doubt unless there is real change. There isn't really much cause for hope.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
IF they decide to drop in for a visit, I am all for it. However, I have not seen enough verifiable proof that they are currently doing "fly-bys". I have no great desire to sit and visit with "one" that is so elusive. I am in the phone book, should they decide to drop by, I hope they call first. And no, I probably would not walk across the street to great them. I just do not care that much about them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I agree with the difference between the notion of aliens as "divine" beings, though, of course, interpretations are, as the saying goes, in the eyes of the beholder.

In fact, most people cannot escape from defining what they in terms of what they think they know, and this, of course, will color every experience considered "out of the norm", where there is no apparent common ground, and room for individual interpretation and definition.

In respect to the "obligation" to show up, there is none, but the fact is that "they" are already here.

My question goes to all those who wonder and almost DEMAND that their presence be known and disclosed, as if there is any good reason for it.

In fact, asides from Beamish's post, haven't really seen any other GOOD reasons that would make me fight for the case of them UNILATERALLY deciding to make a deliberate public contact.

We'll see...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I bet they're working on that right now but progress is excruciatingly slow.
Persistence fats are hard to remove, and a lot are clingy to them, too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

My reasons for the whole matter to be disclosed, are such;;

if it is true that they(et's) exist and that they are visiting us, perhaps have been visiting us for thousands of years.. then we, the human race deserve to know about them because it is the truth.

The implications of disclosing this matter are risky, but people will accept the reality of the situation inevitably and adapt accordingly.

And frankly, I believe that telling the world of this reality is in the best interest of humanity in the long run. Could you imagine if everyone on Earth knew about this? it would really make us forget about our differences and look past that. World peace would soon ensue. Of course, that is only one possible scenario.

Sorry for the long post, Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why aliens have contact with what seem a selected few?

Why probe everyone when you can probe the "outcasts". I mean they probably only have time for one anal probe per session.

Why don't they just show themselves, come in numbers?

Because we have dumb trigger happy leaders.

Why isn't there disclosure?

Because we have dumb trigger happy leaders.

Why is the "message" being shared so general and not credible?

Because we have dumb trigger happy leaders who may exercise their right to be trigger happy if we panic.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

reply to post by Majorion

Perhaps they're disgusted or scared by the current state of humanity. As much as they want to reveal themselves and to tell the truth, they simply can't, not without the severe consequences if they decide to do so.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I'm not suggesting the aliens show themselves,, I'm suggesting the governments should disclose this issue once and for all.

The UK's MoD are releasing some of their files currently,, also France, Belgium, Mexico and Brazil among others are far more open about the subject than the U.S or most other countries.

I hope I clarified enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join